“Delicious food, friendly and personalized service”
Review of Il Lucano

Il Lucano
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Gig Harbor
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington state
“Delicious food, friendly and personalized service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have enjoyed every meal, including lunches and special occasions. Each dish is well seasoned, and portions are sized for sharing. Everyone who has joined us there speaks well of their experience.

• Visited February 2014

Port Orchard, Washington
“Take the time and drive a little farther”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

IL Lucano was not a good experience. The food was not good and the service was less than stellar. They were not busy and yet they barely paid any attention to us. I spent over a $100 for two meals and a bottle of wine and left hungry and disappointed. The portions were really small and the bread they served was dry and disgusting...I mean come on, at least serve it warm.

Normally I wouldn't write a review but hopefully Lucano will read this and make more of an effort. I feel like it was a complete waste of money for what I received...the wine was good, though.

Make a trip to Seattle if you really want some good authentic Italian food.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Italiano Bueno”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Good authentic Italian food. Casual ambience. Friendly staff. A hidden Gig Harbor treasure. The lobster ravioli was delicious.... the food would make my Sicilian familia proud.

Gig Harbor
“Delicious and close to perfect”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Old world charm in every way. My husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary there two days ago. . . service was terrific - expert, attentive, and prompt. The food and wine (we had a halibut specially prepared to be like a piccata, and the special braised beef shortribs) were just delicious. Creamy, delicate cappucino finished the meal. Desserts appear to be the only shortcoming of this otherwise wonderful restaurant. The panna cotta needs to be overhauled-- flaccid custard, overdone sauce. But bravo on the rest! And thank you for a unique experience.

• Visited October 2013
St. Louis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Traditional Italian - Downtown Gig Harbor”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great little place, where the owner and his wife are always there. Checking on on tables. LOVE the Lobster Ravioli. Not ont he menu but has always been a special the 10+ times we have been. Our vegetarian in the group always gets the eggplant parmesan. And the old faithful always turns to the traditional lasagna. Good wine selection, though I know nothing about Italian wines, so it's difficult to choose for me. Love the desserts, too, especially the sorbet frozen inside the lemon. Simply yummy.

Visited October 2013