“Yes! for No Cabbages”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gig Harbor
No Cabbages Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Gig Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Have stayed at this establishment during a four day retreat with friends and colleagues. It was a work retreat and Jamee treated us very nicely by giving us the space to do our work diligently. The main house is very comfortable and we had "full" access and use of the living room and the large kitchen. Wonderful sleep and restive surroundings. Take a stroll to the nearby beach and ample running/jogging trails. The view of the forest through the rooms, especially at dawn, is enchanting. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AsafDM
There are newer reviews for No Cabbages Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've stayed at No Cabbages several times and am constantly amazed at the beauty of both the unit and Jamee and Dal. The accommodations are incredible and the breakfast is wonderful. I love to walk the grounds and walk through the labyrinth. For anyone who needs a stressfree rest and rejuvinate your soul, this is the place. Outside my window are the beautiful trees. Just looking at the grounds make my body and soul relax.

Tall stately pine trees
Labyrinth, paths, beauty, calm
Rest, peace, harmony

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rachel E
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at No Cabbages for two nights recently and had a wonderful time! Jamee, Dal, and Bama made us feel right at home. The best part was the morning conversation with Jamee - she is an insightful lady with a very funny sense of humor. She is down to earth for sure and the breakfast was fantastic. We stayed the second night in the room above the garage and it was really nice and private, with a wonderful bed that we didn't want to get out of in the morning it was so cozy! We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Definitely the room above the garage! Very private with its own entrance and a comfy bed!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy C
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My three teacher friends and I go on annual retreat in December to catch up with each other and drink in some holiday cheer together. Our usual place closed so we were happy to find "No Cabbages." We found the place easily as it was during the day but would be difficult at night without many street lights in the residential area. It is just down off the road but feels like a million miles away when you are on the property. We primarily chose this place because they allowed my friend's dog to come. We are very happy we found it. As you drive in a sign says not for uptight people. That is because these are very relaxed, easy people. They make you comfortable right away and let you be to get on with it. The property is woodsy as others have said and the main house very welcoming with lots of windows everywhere. It has a 70's PNW wood and glass house feel to it. I also stayed in the suite above the garage and loved it. Yes, at least in the winter it is not pristine. Hey, it's in the woods, there is some algae and cobwebs on the outside of the windows and on the benches but the inside was clean, warm and wonderful. It has its own large walk in shower bathroom. I wish I had more time to spend in that room looking out into the trees. The three other rooms are in the main house. The DREAM room is the most typical of a room, size and furnishing wise in a B&B. There is another room with a super high bed, just sort of in the middle of the room
and then there is a large loft bedroom with its own bathroom. The owners have a huge and sweet dog named Rock Bamma, who fetches and collects rocks. Even non dog lovers would love him.
There is also a grown up tree house being built where the owners sleep. It is not far from the house and they let you go up and look at it.
We spent the evening in the actual Gig Harbor area where we had a delicious dinner at Anthony's overlooking the xmas ships and firework show on the water. We didn't have reservations so we went to the downstairs separate part of the restaurant where it it first come and first serve, we lucked out with great seats and resonably good food. The town came out and the little shops were decorated for the holidays, it was a lovely clear night for strolling after dinner.
I must also mention about the breakfast. While they are not vegetarians their breakfast is. We had a delicious, tuscany style omelet with basil, tomatoes, EVOO, and lightly melted cheese. We were also served fresh berries with a custard sauce and popovers. Also, the coffee was perfect, which I am picky about being from Seattle.
We had a lovely trip.

Room Tip: Try to get there while there is still some daylight. If you must have a TV check ahead, only one roo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed October 28, 2013

No Cabbages is one of the best B&Bs we have visited. We like accommodations and hosts that are creative, warm, welcoming, and off the beaten path. Jamee and Dal have created a magical place. We stayed in the private suite for four nights as we visited our freshman daughter at University of Puget Sound for Parents' Weekend. The room was lush, including beautiful antiques, artwork and books. The bed was like a cloud! Breakfast each day was a dream as Jamee created her famous popovers each morning as well as gourmet egg dishes and fabulous fresh fruits. Artwork in the main house and the property is fascinating, welcoming, and beautiful. The grounds are unbelievable: a retreat in the woods that is very easy to find and worth the few minutes' drive from downtown Gig Harbor. Jamee and Dal welcomed our daughter for one night of our stay - what a treat for her to be in this warm and restorative home after her first 8 weeks of residence hall life! We will be staying here for all our trips to University of Puget Sound, and hope to bring other members of our family with us. Thank you, Jamee and Dal - you have created everything we wanted.

Room Tip: We stayed in the private suite, which was lovely! Jamee invited us to peek inside one of the rooms i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatriciaCareyFloren
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I drove up to Gig Harbor from Portland to visit some friends. The reviews I read about No Cabbages were interesting so I thought we would give it a try. We were totally delighted. The grounds are amazingly lush and a little piece of paradise. Our suite was very large and clean and comfy, with an oversized sofa and many windows overlooking the grounds. James, the proprietor, is an instant friend and does everything to make your stay pleasant. Breakfast was delish with Jamee's famous popovers. No Cabbages is a very laid back place so if you can handle a place that is outside the box , this is a fun spot. (Soon to have a tree house room). I have recommended this place to my family and friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite with a private entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeanDKirtland_Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much. We loved the setting and the wooded area where the home is. To be able to walk around the home and see the woods made my heart sing!!! The room felt like a tree house but very luxurious. The BIG TREES surrounded the room and were magical see outside all the windows. The bedding was very comfy and the shower was great. The owner, Jamie, who could not have been nicer made us a very special breakfast. We only wish we could have stayed longer. This is truly a magical place to stay!!!! We will definitely stay at No Cabbages our next visit to Gig Harbor. I was grateful that they created such a special place for us to visit. I loved the trees and moss everywhere!

Room Tip: The new tree house they are building in the woods is going to be a fun place to stay!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Baymont Inn & Suites Bremerton WA

Been to No Cabbages Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!