“The professionalism, hospitality and service of the staff is excellent.”

The INN at Gig Harbor
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I am a corporate training and spend a great deal of time on the road. Every chance I get I intentionally stay at the Inn at Gig Harbor because their accommodations and personal yet professional staff is exceptional. Upon arriving it good to see the smiling face of Ms. Van Robinson who greets me as though I am part of the family. Her attention to detail in accommodating my needs at the Inn makes it my first choice when I stay in the area. The room accommodation is exceptional for the price, I have spend 1.5 -2 x as much for rooms in other parks of the country. This is not the end of the exceptional service you will receive, Annette the manager of the restaurant is also provides exceptional customer service. She treats me as if I am the only customer dinning in. Thanks everyone at the Inn at Gig Harbor for treating me with respect as a valued customer but most of all like family. Ms. Van Robinson I personally who like to thank-you and your staff for doing an exceptional job. It's your leadership and mentoring behavior that make the difference for travelers like me really need that added personal touch to make our jobs easier.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JoePiccione

Reviewed August 13, 2010

My wife was scheduled for a simple surgery, we thought we would be at the Inn at Gig Harbor for 5-6 days.
It turned out to be 38 days, mself and 3 small children.

The staff especially Van Robinson who set up our accomadations and kept extending our stay even while juggling a full hotel.
The staff was so nice, with 3 small kids you can imagine what can happen in a hotel room, but they were all so considerate and helpful.

Would recommend staying at this "resort" type hotel to anyone.
Food is the best in the city and the hotel itself is 5 star, recieved thank you card, cards slipped under our door saying they were thinking about my wife.

Today got a follow up call from Van checking how my wife is doing, Can only say that I am blown away

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed our wedding night at the Inn at Gig Harbor before we left for our honeymoon. It was a complete disaster. First off when we went to check in early they had lost our reservation. They gave a different room and gave us an updated breakfast coupon for their mistake. They gave us the keys for our room. When we arrived that night to enter our room we walked in on another couple in the room already. We (still in our wedding dress and suit) walked down to the lobby and were given another room and another set of keys only to go upstairs and find our keys didn't work for the new room. We walked back downstairs (still in wedding attire) to get new keys. The front desk clerk walked us up to the room that time and opened the door for us with yet another set of new keys. As if that wasn't enough the bed was so uncomfortable, in our jacuzzi suite, that we spent most of the night switching from the couch, that was more comfortable, to the bed and back trying to get comfortable and get some sleep before we left for our honeymoon. They said they would discount the room 130$ but when the transaction posted to our account it was for 208$. I am still trying to get a hold of the manager nearly a week later. She never seems to be in when I call.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chattycatty2003
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Great place to stay near Tacoma, WA. Huge rooms with amenities, GREAT service. But the best thing is the coolest, crispest, softest sheets in the whole wide world. I dream about sleeping in these beds.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I came to Gig Harbor for a wedding plus having my 3 year old son meet many of his relatives for the first time. I walked in the room and noticed how CLEAN the room was. I would usually not even dare to sleep inside the covers of any hotel room but this one was not only clean!! but also very comfy!! My son loved the bed we could barely get him out of the bed. The channels that were available were awesome, not just like 8 channels. There was a variety that kept my son happy.

The continental breakfast was basic but very convenient and offered exactly what you needed to get you going especially that I could get ready while my son had a small breakfast.

For Father's Day, my fiance went downstairs to the restaurant in the hotel and ordered my son pancakes and sausages. They were huge! :) And he ordered me a lobster cake egg benedict with breakfast potato wedges with the works. It was a reasonable price and was delicious! I loved it!

The maids are sooooo nice and always greeted us!

I had forgotten my son's baby blanket most likely stuffed with the bed covers while we were in a mad rush to get to the airport and a MONTH later, they still had it with them and my fiance who currently resides in WA for a bit longer is going to pick it up today after they had contacted him they indeed had it.

I will continue to make trips to WA especially the holidays because I need my son to get to know his family there and this Inn will be my choice from now on.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed for two nights in mid June. (We'd been camping with a tent trailer and decided to treat ourselves a bit for the last couple of nights).

The room was very large, with a spacious bathroom including a Jacuzzi. There was no balcony, however if it had been it might have been kind of pointless, since the room overlooked the freeway. The restaurant dinner was absolutely excellent; I can't think of the time I had such good barbequed chicken. The included continental breakfast is pretty basic, but fine.

The hotel also has a lot of historical photographs in the hallways, including those of infamous Gallopping Gertie.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2010

What a charming city and wonderful hotel! The staff are the very best and treat you like you are royalty! The accomodations were comfortable and spacious! Free cold water waiting in the fridge and a breathtaking view of Mt. Ranier outside my window! Van Robinson catered to us through our trip and arranged for airport service to get back home. I highly recommend this hotel in this quaint little town!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 27 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
8 mi away
Courtyard Tacoma Downtown

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!