“This is the first hotel I have ever felt cleaned as meticulously as I do!!!”

The INN at Gig Harbor
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Houston, Texas
“This is the first hotel I have ever felt cleaned as meticulously as I do!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I came to Gig Harbor for a wedding plus having my 3 year old son meet many of his relatives for the first time. I walked in the room and noticed how CLEAN the room was. I would usually not even dare to sleep inside the covers of any hotel room but this one was not only clean!! but also very comfy!! My son loved the bed we could barely get him out of the bed. The channels that were available were awesome, not just like 8 channels. There was a variety that kept my son happy.

The continental breakfast was basic but very convenient and offered exactly what you needed to get you going especially that I could get ready while my son had a small breakfast.

For Father's Day, my fiance went downstairs to the restaurant in the hotel and ordered my son pancakes and sausages. They were huge! :) And he ordered me a lobster cake egg benedict with breakfast potato wedges with the works. It was a reasonable price and was delicious! I loved it!

The maids are sooooo nice and always greeted us!

I had forgotten my son's baby blanket most likely stuffed with the bed covers while we were in a mad rush to get to the airport and a MONTH later, they still had it with them and my fiance who currently resides in WA for a bit longer is going to pick it up today after they had contacted him they indeed had it.

I will continue to make trips to WA especially the holidays because I need my son to get to know his family there and this Inn will be my choice from now on.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Coquitlam, BC
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed for two nights in mid June. (We'd been camping with a tent trailer and decided to treat ourselves a bit for the last couple of nights).

The room was very large, with a spacious bathroom including a Jacuzzi. There was no balcony, however if it had been it might have been kind of pointless, since the room overlooked the freeway. The restaurant dinner was absolutely excellent; I can't think of the time I had such good barbequed chicken. The included continental breakfast is pretty basic, but fine.

The hotel also has a lot of historical photographs in the hallways, including those of infamous Gallopping Gertie.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Simi Valley
Reviewed July 8, 2010

What a charming city and wonderful hotel! The staff are the very best and treat you like you are royalty! The accomodations were comfortable and spacious! Free cold water waiting in the fridge and a breathtaking view of Mt. Ranier outside my window! Van Robinson catered to us through our trip and arranged for airport service to get back home. I highly recommend this hotel in this quaint little town!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakebay, Washington
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We had a group of 11 traveling for business to Gig Harbor for a few days and we stay at The Inn at Gig Harbor. From the making the reservations to checking out we received first rate accommodations, food, and customer service. Everyone on the trip commented what an amazing hotel we stayed at and there is no doubt that anytime anyone from our company travels to Gig Harbor they will be staying at The Inn at Gig Harbor.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2009

This hotel is near the freeway, QFC, Safeway, Fred Meyer and Starbucks. The beds are very comfortable. The free continental breakfast had the freshest fruit I ever had at a motel. The microwave and refrigerator worked very well.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2009

First, book this online or find the price online and then call the hotel. The price on their website was $30 per night less than what I was quoted over the phone. Still, it was cheaper than the Best Western in Gig Harbor.
Second, expect a nice room with all the usual amenities, near the highway, and not of other thrills. The hot tub fits 6 adults and is outside on the freeway side of the building. The wi-fi was very slow. The free breakfast consisted of a few pastries, fruit, yogurt, small boxes of cereal, milk and orange juice. There is a restaurant on site, but we found a cheaper alternative across the street. It is very close to the new Uptown Gig Harbor shopping area, which was nice.
The bed was really comfy, had nice pillows, and a feather comforter. Our room was on the highway side of the building, but the road noise didn't bother me. The staff was great.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
washington
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed 2 nights here for a marriage conference. We really enjoyed the place. We had a standard 2 queen room with a view of the parking lot. Our room was clean, the shower had great water pressure, and we didn't hear a lot of hallway noise which is nice. I even grabbed a 1-hr massage at the massage studio to the right of the check-in desk.

We had a continental breakfast each morning with pastries, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit, wonderful coffee (with a variety of flavored creamers) and juice. Help yourself to as much as you want because its not monitored. If you want more, they have an in-house restaurant w/bar. But I recommend saving money with the free breakfast so that you can splurge on lunch and dinner. The food here is amazing. Try the chicken with artichokes! And dont pass up the rolls.

There isn't much in the surrounding area, but across the bridge into Tacoma (dont forget cash for the toll) there are a lot more options for entertainment. And if you need snacks, toiletries or whatever, there is a Safeway grocery store just down the road.

Overall, a great place to stay if you're coming in/going out of town or just need some time away. Its not a resort and the hotel itself wont hold your attention (but its not intended to!) As a place to lay your head and put up your feet - its wonderful!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!