“Overall Good”

The INN at Gig Harbor
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for work. Overall it was good, there was a restaraunt right across the street that had decent food, the lobby area was nice, and the staff were friendly. They also didn't give me any attitude when I requested to immediately switch rooms when I walked in and heard the horrid noise from the highway you could literally throw a rock at it was so close! As far as the room goes, there was some hair on the shower walls that was long and brown (I am blonde so it clearly wasn't mine) and that grossed me out a bit that the shower may have not been as thouroghly cleaned as you would hope. There were also many stains on the carpet in very obvious areas (like near the foot of the bed.) They had a microwave and mini fridge in the rooms which were nice to have. The TVs were also nice and came with a Comcast-type box so the tv had a guide for all of the channels (with many more chanel options than most hotels), and they also had an HDMI cord hook up which was great. The bed was very hard, and the pillows were not down and therefore hard. I am happy I brought my own pillow, but I still didn't sleep well as the bed just was not comfy. Overall I would say this is probably the nicest you are going to get in the area! I was working in Port Orchard which was about 30 minutes away, but it was worth the drive. I did not use the gym, but my coworker did and she said it was very small and only had an elipitcal and a multi-use machine. Also, when my coworker and I went to "breakfast" we found a few small boxes of cereal, some yogurt, and a bowl of mixed fruit- not what we were expecting! Lastly, I would highly recommend calling the hotel to book your reservation. Apparently when you search for the hotel to book your room an expedia.com or hotels.com link comes up but makes it look like the hotel's website. My coworker booked the rooms for us and when we realized we weren't staying as many nights as we has previously thought, the hotel said we had booked through expedia and needed to call them to change anything. We spent nearly an hour on the phone with expedia only to have them tell us that we actually booked through one of their affilliates, hotels.com. We finally called them and got it straightened out, but it was a big pain- especially since my coworker thought she had booked straight through the hotel! To save this potential hassle- call them directly :-)

Room Tip: Request a room on the side of the parking lot- either you face the parking lot or the freeway which...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mona S, Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Hello AAL28,

You wrote a very thoughtful, through review. We take every single issue that could negatively affect your stay very seriously and communicate with all departments! Thank you for letting us know what we have done better.

That being said, thank you for pointing out all the attributes you found to your liking. And your comment about 3rd party reservations is often true. Please call us directly next time you come to stay, I would be interested in meeting you!

Mona Sarrensen
msarrensen@innatgigharbor.com

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited the Gig Harbor Inn during my high school reunion. The reunion was held in one of the large areas designed for large groups. We decided to just rent a room and found them very nice, clean,and a complementary breakfast was included. I really enjoyed all the historical photos displayed throughout the lobby and halls. It had a wonderful northwest feel in the lobby area and very was attractive. The staff was friendly and helpful. If fact one of the managers answered a phone call that I had dial from downtown Gig Harbor. My problem was that no taxis were running that day and I needed a ride back up the hill to the Inn. She said she could pick me up in 10 min. She arrived in her own car and was so nice and pleasent. It was so appreciated. If one is traveling to Gig Harbor and staying at the Inn you will be disappointed in the lack of view. Gig Harbor is a beautiful town with awesome waterfront views. Not many places can compare to the Harbor and its picture perfect waterfront with all the activity it offers.
Looking on to a parking lot is not ideal. However our stay was very compfortable and I do recommend the Inn as a great place to spend a great evening.

Room Tip: The corner suite was awesome... fireplace and all!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Hello rachel h!

What a pleasure it is to hear from you again. I was the one who picked you up and was more than happy to do it. Thank you for your complements on our decor and friendly/helpful staff we are always grateful hear that.

Although we do not have water views, we do have beautiful mountain views, Cascades and Olympics when the weather cooperates! And we are only 5 minutes to the village by car and walking distance to Uptown which is loaded with shops, entertainment and restaurants.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited this Inn on the 1st night of my visit to picturesque Gig Harbor, after careful review of all local Hotels. I was (initially) impressed w/ the Inn's welcoming Lobby and excellant food served in the restaurant. The waitstaff guys also, very efficient. However - and this is an important one - if skilled Customer Service is a priority in your travels, I would strongly advise you to stay elsewhere in town. I had several 'botched' incidents w/ the front-desk girl being trained (obviously) upon my 1st night. She was right from the start; hyper, giddy, & terribly un-focused to the point of annoyance. Her incompetence, later, caused me to have a problem with my room charge which then, had to be diverted to Hotel mngmnt. The young 'girls' this Inn hires are not polished or professional and after the dismal experience I had, should never be put in this sort of front-desk position where maturity is called for. I would guess, we were talking high-school age here...or close? I had originally planned to stay on for a few days....but caused so much unnessecary aggravation as I was, abrubtly decided to check out and well that I did - ended up at a delightful little B & B down the road aways right on the Puget Sound; far superior quality all around, like what I'm used to. Additional mention; if you are seeking a 'scenic' spot on Gig Harbor, this is definitely NOT your place. The Hotel sets right off the main Frwy. and faces nothing but a lot of torn-up, dirt roadways under construction. Parking lot noise is (also) a severe problem w/ tour-buses coming in & out at all random hours of the night picking up passengers to take to Seattle airport. (Don't request a room overlooking what they call the "quiet side" - which is anything BUT!) ) 'Zero' views on either side of the bldng. Word to the wise: don't be mis-led by their flattering advertisements. Stay somewheres else...... where the Desk-staff are not run by rank amateures and better views of the Harbor are availible - there are several such Inns.

Room Tip: whatever you do, don'r let the Front Desk mis-lead you about the "quiet side" of the I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank NewportBeachWords
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hello NewportBeachWords,

It pained me to read your review, but, I do appreciate your taking the time to inform us how we need to improve our service. I am sorry you were here during road construction. On the positive side, our new entry will be side walked, landscaped and lit at night which will enable our guests to walk to the many restaurants, services and entertainment we are a very close to. I wish you had been here when our beautiful mountain views were clear to see.

I sincerely apologize we failed to "wow" you. We will address the issues we can fix.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice rooms for a decent price.The beds are comfortable and bathrooms products are thoughtful. A simple but free breakfast with excellent service is offered along with reasonably priced hot breakfast options. Convienent location with an attentive front desk staff. I found my stay to be comfortable and I will return soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travel4fun111
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Travel4Fun,

It was delightful to read you review, so complementary, just what we strive to provide for every one of our guests!

Thank you for your kind words and please ask for me the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Inn at Gig Harbor on several different occasions and it has always been a great experience. The staff is great from the minute you walk in. The front desk staff is always very welcoming and have made all my stays enjoyable from the very beginning. Check in always very fast. The rooms are always very clean and spacious. The restaurant is absolutely amazing, both the food and the staff. I always recommend my family and friends to stay at the Inn at Gig Harbor when they are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carlie H

Wonderful to read you kind words, thank you for taking the time to write to us. Nothing pleases me more than to know all aspects of your stay was enjoyable.

I would love to meet you next time you visit us, please ask for me!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I am one of four ladies that stayed here to plan our next co-op school year. Very nice accomodations. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. We were provided a room with a large table upon our request at the last minute. The staff was very professional and friendly. Enjoyed the free continental breakfast with great service. An extra perk was going down to the Harbor (just minutes away) and walking through all of the lovely shops for a much needed break. Parking was crowded because of an event going on but the staff quickly assisted us so we did not even have to worry about it. We would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cmw2012

What a great idea to get away to plan for the coming year for your co-op school year! I am always so grateful for the effort our staff makes to "wow" our guests and then is acknowledged--we truly love the hospitality business here at The INN at Gig Harbor.

I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us how satisfied you were during your stay here.

I would love to meet you next time you stay with us!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday & Saturday night on the 3rd floor.
Pros: good parking, easy to find. Comfy beds & decent sized room.
Cons: shower and tile really needed to be cleaned. Found male hair under the covers- there is no reason for that when you are paying over $150 a night for a room!
Ambience was good, I really liked the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Mona S, General Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Mona Sarrensen, General Manager, The INN at Gig Harbor

Dear Fast 72.
I am pleased you found our parking convenient, room large and comfortable bed.
I went and personally inspected the room you stayed in. The bath tub had an accumulation of minerals which we found a solution for. It would be unacceptable to have a bathtub that was not perceived as clean.
Thank you for caring enough to give us the opportunity to be aware of your experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gig Harbor
Hotel Murano
#2 of 27 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!