“Great Stop Over”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Pacific NW
“Great Stop Over”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Would definitely recommend the Manitou Lodge if you find yourself near Forks, WA. We spent one night at the Manitou Lodge with our dog in the Eagle room. Plentiful breakfast was provided in our room which included a small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker.

Owner's dogs Ju Ju and Jack welcomed our dog Shelby. Great stopover location on our way from Quinault Lake and the Hoh Rain Forest to Cape Flattery.

Very close to Rialto Beach which should not be missed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
seattle, wa
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed here Saturday and Sunday night over Memorial Day weekend. The lodge itself is very pretty and rustic, but there were a few annoyances.

There were spider webs on the ceiling. Lots of spider webs that I cleaned up before I could get into bed.

The sink in the bathroom drained really slowly. That seems like the kind of thing they could fix pretty easily. Wonder why they haven't?

There was a mix-up with our room keys that was easily solved, but a little annoying.

The blind in the porch door doesn't provide 100% coverage. Also, this is not the lodge's fault but some really annoying lodge guest was knocking on my door in the evening as I was trying to read. He was looking for the main door to the lodge. Later he knocked on my bedroom door itself thinking that he was staying there. It would have been funny if it wasn't so irritating to be annoyed by the same person twice.

I thought the breakfast baskets were a good idea, because they allowed us to come and go as we pleased, but my b.f. thought they were pretty lame.

"Real" coffee was promised in the great room at 8AM. When I stumbled out at 8:10 AM it wasn't there.

All in all it wasn't a horrible experience, but there were lots of little things about the place that a really top-of-the-line B&B wouldn't allow to happen. If we go back to Forks, we'll look to stay somewhere else.

2 Thank waverly76
califnoria
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Our recent stay at Manitou Lodge was wonderful! The lodge is located near La Push, WA and is very close to several of the gorgeous beaches of Olympic National Park. The lodge itself is warm and welcoming, with very comfortable and eclectically decorated rooms. The breakfast baskets were delicious and we appreciated being able to have breakfast on our schedule rather than a set dining time. The great room of the lodge was one of the most comfortable lounge areas we have experienced in our many bed and breakfast experiences. We would have to rate Manitou Lodge in the top 5 of our world-wide bed and breakfast experiences! Thank you Ed and Lynn!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed May 12, 2009

My husband and I did a weekend trip to the Forks/La Push area. The resort was in the perfect location for our trip. Just minutes from Rialto beach, La Push and the city of Forks (our major points of interest). We stayed in the Outback Too, which was a cheaper option as it didn't have a toilet or shower (other options available at the resort). However, the bathroom in the main lodge is open 24/7 and is just steps from your front door. We are big campers so this was a nice "upgrade" from sleeping in a tent but if you like luxury and high-class resorts then this might not be the place for you. Overall it was a cute, rustic cabin - perfect location - resonable price - quiet & peaceful resort - and breakfast included (*I requested a gluten-free breakfast and they had yogurt, bread, soy milk, free waffles and sausage patties all which were gluten free; very accommodating). I would recommend it to anybody traveling to the area and who are looking for a cheaper option than a hotel/motel but a warmer/cleaner environment than camping.

Brisbane
Reviewed April 29, 2009

what can I say...Its close to the Hoh and the Beach and its half way on the drive. what better place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2009

My 12 year old son and I stayed here for 1 night, to break up our road trip of the Olympic Penninsula. OK, we are also Twilighters, but were there for the beautiful scenary too.

We stayed in the Sacagawea Room, attracted by the availabilty of our own fireplace. The room was a good size and had nice furnishings and touches. The bed was very comfortable - making it hard to leave the next morning! I was surprised at first to realize there was no TV, but I should have noticed that no TVs are mentioned in the room descriptions on the website. It was nice though in a way to be "cut off" from civilization, my cell phone didn't get service there either. I don't think the B&B was full when we were there, though we did see a few other guests, but were not bothered by any noise. The room was very clean though it smelled a bit like (fireplace) smoke.

Growing up with a fireplace I know how to build a decent fire, but no kindling was offered in our supplies, just logs and some fire-starter. We took some newspaper which was in the main room to get the fire going, but it remained a bit smokey and the fire was never really blazing. I am guessing that the wood was a bit on the wet side, which I suppose is to be expected in Forks. It still added a nice bit of ambiance to the room.

We only saw the hosts once, after calling them when we arrived to check in. While the hands-off approach was nice in a way, knowing that the lodge was for sale left a lingering small doubt of committment to the facility. The hosts were perfectly nice and gave tips on how to find the beaches though.

As it was off-season I thought the rate for our room was reasonable, but I'm not sure I would have been as happy paying the full summer rate (or would have chosen a different room). The breakfast was fine for me, but I'm not a big breakfast person - mostly I just need coffee which was available to make in the room.

Another reason I chose the hotel was that wi-fi availability in the rooms was described on the website, but in reality the connection was so low that I wasn't able to access my e-mail. It was a not a big deal for 1 night however.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
roanoke, virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I stayed at the manitou for one night in february. I chose this B&B because the website said that all I would hear at night were the sounds of coyotes and owls, or something like that. When I made my reservation, I told the owner, Lynne, that I wanted the quietest room she could give me. Well...when I got there, the first thing I noticed was that the main lodge is gorgeous...and all the rooms are directly off this main room. The door to my room didn't seem really thick and I asked her, will I hear the noise from this main area? She said, no, not at all. Well...
The music gets turned off before bedtime, so that wasn't really a problem. And there was only one other couple there that night... who happened to be in the room right next door to me. And their bathroom and my bedroom shared a common wall. I fiigured this out when as I was sitting on my bed reading (no TV's), I heard these neighbors come back, and clearly heard the gentleman use the bathroom. EVERYTHING. Including a few things I would so much rather not have heard. I immediately went into the main room and phoned Lynn, explained, and requested ANY other room. She said I could use one of the upstairs rooms, and she was perfectly nice about it (although I don't understand why I wasn't given one of these to start with, since I specifically requested opeace and quiet). This room was better, although it was still directly off the open secong floor landing...if guests had been congregating in the main room, I would definitely have heard that. The walls here are PAPER THIN.
I would say, if you want any sort of decent night's sleep, call well in advance and reserve an outside cabin. If you are a sound sleeper, read on...
The room was fairly spartan, but clean, with a comfy king-size bed and a decent-sized bath. No complimentary toiletries.
It is true, as others have written, that the breakfast is cold heat-it-yourself stuff left in a mini-fridge for you...but this was explained to me when I made the reservation. No surprises there. The breakfast sandwich wasn't anything to write home about, but I had two great little pineapple muffins with fresh cream...and there was enough food in the fridge to allow me to pick what looked best and still stuff myself. And, I got to eat when I felt like it, and check out early to go exploring. (Check out was a matter of just leaving my key in the room and heading out...very casual, very convenient.
I think, had I taken my own advice and gotten a cabin instead of a room in the main lodge, I would have enjoyed my stay more. It's a nice enough place. Just...be forewarned about the noise.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo