“Loved the remoteness!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2008

My daughter and I loved the remoteness of this Bed & Breakfast in Forks, WA. It was roughly 3 1/2 hours out of Seattle by car. We got tips on which beaches to go to and the places the "locals" visit. Even though it was raining and misty, it was fun to go to the various beaches near here and get a feeling of which each beach was about. The B&B was excellent - a great place to crash after dark by the fireplace and read a book. I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2008

The Manitou Lodge was recommended by friends and was ideal for my husband and myself. We only had one night as we were just passing through Olympia on our way north, but we will definately return for a longer visit.
Manitou is a cozy refuge, immersed in the Olympic Forest.
We stayed in the Eagle Room in a detached Cottage with it's own entrance and Bathroom. At the end of a long day we arrived to find tea, muffins and cookies available in our toasty warm room.
The room had a very comfy, queen sized bet, good lighting, rustic furnishings and was complete with microwave, toaster, coffee maker and fridge. Our Breakfast Basket included enough food for all day. Since we had croissants with turkey, cheese and egg; we removed the egg and warmed it in our microwave for breakfast and with the bread for toast with butter & jam, a carafe of orange juice, and good fresh brewed coffee we had a hot breakfast in our room. We saved the apple and croissant sandwich for lunch and the yogurt for dessert.
The main room of the lodge has internet access with a printer. A cozy fireplace and self-manned hot beverage bar with coffee, tea and cocoa; there are oddles of books but we preferred the company of other guests.
The Gift Shop is outstanding with Native American art.
Our Hosts were available but did not hover. All in all, it was a stellar experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2008

The Manitou Lodge was perfect for our family weekend getaway. Situated about 9 miles from Forks, WA only a couple of miles from Rialto Beach surrounded by trees, the lodge is warm, cozy, and relaxing. We can't wait to book our second stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We stayed at Manitou lodge for one night on our tour around the Olympic peninsula, and it was the best place we stayed at! The staff was friendly, the lodge was adorable, and the room very comfortable. The breakfast basket was delicious and satisfying. Plus, it was short drive from the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen! It is great place to escape from society in comfort! I definitely want to return.

Reviewed September 11, 2008

It was absolutely perfect - everything you would want and expect in that setting. The lodge is beautiful - full of rustic charm.The host was so friendly and gracious. The cabins were so cozy and comfortable - it was so hard to leave! It was such a short drive to Rialto Beach, which was amazing. It was just what we wanted and are already planning our next stay. If you are in this area, I can't imagine a better place. It was PERFECT!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2008

The lodge itself was very secluded, but that was a good thing. The bed was super comfy and the private bathroom was a plus. My favorite part was the deck off the back of our room. We ate breakfast on the deck and enjoyed the scenery. The staff was also very accommodating and very nice. It was a quiet and comfortable stay.

Reviewed September 9, 2008

I was safe, happy, and very comfortable as a solo female traveler at the Manitou. I booked the lovely Lady of Guadalupe room - soothing blue interior with eclectic decorations that were fun, not weird, like the tree branch headboard on the bed. I slept soundly in my soft queen bed. Found lots of interesting magazines and books in my room and in the soaring Great Room in front of the large stone fireplace. The innkeeper throughfully left the tidetables out in the common area, which helped me get to Rialto Beach, 10 minutes away, at low tide for great tidepooling. Don't miss the Hole in the Wall arch rock. I couldn't lock my door from the outside the whole time I was there, but didn't really worry about it given the remote location and yuppy clientelle. There is no fresh breakfast - the innkeeper puts yogurt, fruit, and a ham and cheese croissant in your personal fridge the night before. It's adequate, but for a real hot breakfast go to the Coffee Shop in Forks.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo