“Very Comfortable”

The Pacific Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Forks
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Traveling with medical conditions can be a nightmare. I know from personal experience. As a sufferer of Fibromyalsia, comfortable beds is always a problem--nothing is ever as good as home. The Pacific Inn Motel in Forks, WA, has excellent handicapped rooms. The beds are wonderful--I slept very well. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom perfect. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about things to see and do in the area--for at least a 100 mile radius. I look forward to a return visit next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PattyPoston
Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Options are limited in Forks, but the Pacific Inn certainly appeared to be the best property in town. Clean, basic rooms. Friendly mother/daughter mgmnt. We used this as a stopping point to visit the Hoh RainForest and La Push. Pacific Pizza nearby is excellent. Restaurant across the street had an okay breakfast. Overall, it met our expectations.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tommer34
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We rolled into Forks late and the little Mom and Pop place we wanted to stay at was full but they recommended the Pacific Inn. When we arrived we were greeting by the friendly and helpful girl at the desk and were informed that the only thing they had left was one of their Twilight Themed rooms. These had been recently redone and were more expensive but she agreed to knock down the price a little since we were really tired and didn't want to move on.

Overall the room was great. Clean, new linens, paint, etc... However the Twilight Theme consisted of dark paint, etc... It looked good but after a while it was like being in a cave.

The night was comfortable, quiet and we slept as well as can be expected for being in a new strange place. The beds were very comfortable.

The only problem other than the aforementioned cave like quality of the room was the AC wasn't sufficient. It was cool enough outside that a fan blowing in outside air would have been more than enough but that wasn't doing the trick so we switched it to High Cool and even then we had to sleep in the bed closest to it to stay comfortable. Still on the upside this room had one of the best showers I've ever experienced. Large and with awesome pressure and volume. Weeks of stress washed away that first morning of our trip in THAT shower.

In the morning I had to get up and out into the sunlight as soon as I could. Maybe it was just me but dark colors are a real risk when decorating a motel room.

Overall the place was nice, comfortable and very clean. The Twilight Room wasn't my cup of tea.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FmlyTrvllr
Reviewed September 23, 2009

As with many motels in this part of the state, there is little or no insulation between rooms. I requested a room on the second floor to eliminate people overhead, but there was still a lot of noise between rooms. I was reading a book and watching tv when I was scared out of my wits by the noise from my bathroom of the tub filling up. I thought someone had snuck into my room and was hiding in there. Turns out someone in another room was taking a bath (and later doing some other things). I could not hear my tv over the bathtub noise.

Other than that, room was clean and comfortable. By the way there are no hair dryers in the room, but you can borrow one at the desk.

Location is central, but the 2 restaurants nearby leave a lot to be desired. Be prepared to pay a high price and have very slow service, if you can get the wait staff to stop chatting among themselves. They know these two places are the only restaurants around and don't seem to worry about repeat business. Buy some groceries and eat in the room.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank Slotmachinequeen
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Basic and very clean comfort. Staff helpful and friendly. Believe them when they say eat at the Coffee Shop Restaurant. Good advice. The Dine-In next door is horrible.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

For a very reasonable rate I had a large comfortable room for four nights. The furnishings seemed new, and the bed had a pillow top mattress. It was like sleeping on a cloud. The room also had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffeepot, which came in very handy, as Forks is not a gourmet dining spot. If you are visiting Olympic National Park and want to see Hoh Rain Forest and the Pacific beaches, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed here for two nights in the first week of August. The motel was quiet and clean. The room was a typical-sized double queen room. The hotel staff was nice and attentive, though the person at the front desk was often on the phone taking reservations whenever I stopped by. It’s a popular place. Our room was about halfway down the motel from the office and the wifi worked fine. We also used the laundry facilities while we were there and didn’t have any problems with it either.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge in Olympic National Park
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
Quillayute River Resort
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to The Pacific Inn Motel? Share your experiences!