“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Forks
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Normally, I do not stay at motels. I usually stay at major chain hotels with a lot of my business travel, but on this trip to the coast of Washington, I ended up staying here and I was definitely surprised. Growing up, I had spent a few vacations in a motel and had terrible experiences - dark, dirty, dingy rooms and hated it - so I went into this trip thinking the same thing would happen.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the room was cleaner than I expected, the shower worked well and felt clean, bedding was nice, etc. Overall, everything was better than I expected. It was not the same experience as a major chain hotel, but it was a good experience and allowed me to visit the surrounding area easily. If I needed to go back to that area, I would definitely consider the Pacific Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our second trip to Forks & the surrounding areas. We stayed at the motel across the street the first time & it was nothing to write home about. The Pacific Inn, on the other hand, was 10 times better. I'm an extremely light sleeper and the motel sits on the main road through town (Hwy 101). We were given a room on the top floor & furthest from the road. We brought our luggage upstairs and started to unpack. My daughter tried to access the free WiFi but couldn't connect. She contacted the front dest & the clerk asked her to bring her laptop to the office. She was able to connect there but automatically disconnected upon reentering our room. The clerk at the front office told us that she'd talk to the manager the next morning & try to move us to a room closer to the office. So the next morning we were offered a new "Twilight" themed room with a great WiFi connection at no additional charge. I was super happy being the Twilight fan that I am and the mattresses seemed much more comfy. We also had an issue during our stay with one of the dryers taking our money but not working. The clerk at the front dest promptly reimbursed me the quarters on the spot. We will definitely be staying here the next time we visit. The only small complaint that I have is that the cost is slightly over priced for a small town motel. Including tax the nightly rate is just shy of $95.00. I am retired from the Air Force but unfortunately they only offer discounted rates to active duty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dshapley
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was our third stay here and it never disappoints. The ladies at the desk are wonderful! The absolute cleanest hotel ever. We've stayed in both the Twilight rooms and regular rooms and they're just clean, comfortable and lovely. The showers are always hot (cant say that about some of the bigger hotels we've stayed in!) A great place to base out of for exploring the area, going to the beaches at LaPush, etc. Having a laundry room is SO helpful on long trips. I wouldnt stay anywhere but here when in the area!! Thanks PIM for always being our dependable, go-to place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MellieNem
Paris, France
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This motel is clean and comfortable, nothong fancy. Easy to find. Convinient location to explore west of the National Olympic Park.

My advice (nothing to do with the hotel : buy some food from a grocery store and make a picnic : we tryed two restaurants in Forks : one proved catastophic, the other just bad.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice for a "motel." We arrived late and lobby was closed but we called ahead and they accommodated us. Clean and comfortable. Desk clerk was very friendly and knowledgeable. We didn't stay for Twilight so we had regular room. Price was closer to what we paid for city hotel but I guess it's all about ambience! Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Super-clean and spacious motel room in Forks. Good base to explore ONP beaches and Hoh Rainforest. Will stay again if in the same area.

Came from Seattle area so dont see the need to stay in Port Angeles since Hurricane Ridge, Lake Crescent, and Sol Duc can be seen in one-day. ONP is a park you want to visit efficiently as a one-way loop, not repeated back-tracking as it takes up a lot of time, fuel, and mileage!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank mrcapybara
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in one of the Twilight themed rooms. It was neat and clean, and an excellent value. We thought the decor was well done and the service was superb. Tracey, who works at the front desk was very friendly and we enjoyed having coffee with her and Jacob Black. We would definitely go there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to The Pacific Inn Motel? Share your experiences!