“Sportfishing La Push”

Quillayute River Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Staying at the resort was great. The staff was helpful at providing me the information I needed to quickly get fishing int he local area. The fishing was amazing; I fished the Quillayute River on the Olympic Peninsula (http://www.quileutes.com/quileute-la-push/la-push-olympic-peninsula.html) and also fished the Hoh river I caught several large Kings.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank QuileuteRatt

Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed two nights in late May and really loved the location and room. The river is 50' from your front porch. Bald eagles were easily and often seen. Hummingbirds were everywhere. Just a beautiful location. Linda and Chip were very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The room was wonderful - clean, decorated nicely, comfortable, stocked with nice toiletry items. The kitchen was well equipped with everything you could need. We cooked breakfast each morning and ate out front as we watched the river and the wildlife. I totally recommend this property to anyone. It's a great "base" from which to explore the beaches, rainforest, etc. in the area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyonking79
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Great weekend at QRR with our toddler. Room, Grounds, Views, Hosts...can't be beat.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2009

The start of my Pacific Northwest Trip got off to a shaky start with my plane being delayed 3 hours. This made me nervous as I would arrive at the River Resort fairly late in the evening. To be safe, I called the owners and they assured me everything would be fine and that my room would be open upon my arrival. Sure enough, I arrived with a welcome note on the door and the door unlocked. Upon entering the bungalow, it was absolutely charming. The gas fireplace was so cute and cozy and the kitchen had cool vintage style appliances. It was a very comfortable place to stay with a fantastic flat screen tv. I was also pleasantly surprised to find the bathroom tile floors heated. Each room also has a lovely view of the river from the front window. There are two fire pits on site near the river that my wife and I had fun with one night making smores (didn't rain that day). Also, each unit has a little smokey grill out front that works well for cooking your fish. It has very cozy grounds all around. The only negative thing is that the floor heater unit in my bedroom would make popping sounds when the metal contracted with heating and cooling. It seemed much louder than it should have been though. We easily solved that problem by turning down the heat and adding more blankets.

For the twilight buffs, it is very conveniently located roughly halfway to La Push down the turn off from Forks. It made for easy access to everything in the area.

All and all, I would glady recommend this location to anyone. I am also very envious of the owners. I read on their site they fell in love with the location/area on a trip and bought this property. What a wonderful life!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DA10706
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I cannot say enough about this resort. At first site I was a little disappointed because it was smaller than I thought it would be. However, my disappoint only lasted about 10 seconds. Located right off of the Quillayute River it is in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Once we checked in and went to our quarters (can't be just considered a room!) we entered into a living room, complete with fireplace, a full and fully stocked kitchen. The bedroom was cute with memory foam beds. We hadn't planned on spending much time in our hotel because we had plenty of hikes we had planned on taking but after 30 seconds at the resort we quickly changed our plans and stayed at the resort. My little slice of heaven will now be sitting on the porch at the Quillayute River Resort listening to the rain and looking at the river.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2009

This is a wonderful, charming place, off the beaten track and a great value. I wish we had stayed more than one night. There are only 6 or 8 rooms total and from the outside it looks like a quaint motel, inside it is a roomy, spotless cabin with a bedroom, living room and kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils and cooking gear. The best part is the view! You look out on a gorgeous river through a very large and clean window, and there are hummingbird feeders outside every window and there were lots of humming birds which we enjoyed watching. We brought our own food for dinner and for breakfast and relaxed and enjoyed our surroundings. The king bed was very comfortable and the tv screen was large but we never quite figured out how to get the different channels to work. Short drive to Second Beach and Forks.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank nadler
Reviewed March 25, 2009

A real gem located on the Sol Duc River just miles away from the beautiful Pacific-Northwest Beaches. The spotless cozy rooms were perfect; inside fireplace a plus; fully-furnished kitchnette useful; clean outside BBQ and river-front fire pit provided for a most pleasent get-away.

To top things off, the proprietors - Chip & Linda, were probably one of the most gracious hosts we've encountered in our travels. They provided us with local maps & tide tables for the beaches and responded ever so efficiently to a few additional requests. This place is a hidden treasure!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family