“You're going to love this place!”

Misty Valley Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Miami, FL
“You're going to love this place!”
Reviewed April 16, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this B&B for 6 days. My 11 year old is a "Twlight" fanatic, and for Spring Break she begged to go see the place where the books take place. I agreed, but it was a trip I was making for my kid, to make her happy. However, I think I had an even better time than she did! Misty Valley Inn is a treasure. Spotlessly clean, charming (but not overly fussy), comfortable, and placed in the middle of beautiful scenery and wildlife . Foodies, rejoice! You MUST stay here. The breakfasts are incredible. Fresh baked muffins, crepes filled with fresh fruit and cream, a Moroccan omelet so tasty it will haunt you, pancakes and french toast made the very old fashioned way. There is a desert and tea buffet available 24/7. The homemade cakes, brownies, lemon squares and chocolate chip cookies are amazing. The owners go above and beyond to make sure your every wish is met. This B&B is a work of love for them, they truly want their guests to be happy. This type of service and hospitality is unheard of these days, even at 4 star hotels. A wonderful value. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Caygo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I’m a bit late in writing this review, but had to share the wonderful experience my partner and I had during our serendipitous stay at this B&B. My partner and I found ourselves in Forks, WA one wonderful sunny weekend in February 2010 without a place to stay or any plans … that was until we met Rachel at the Misty Valley Inn.

Rachel took care of us as if she were our own mom! She greeted us with a wonderful smile and amazing lemon bars! *smiles* We were very impressed with the hospitality. I’ve been staying in B&B’s nationally and internationally for over 15 years and I’ve never come across a hostess so attentive and helpful in all my travels. Rachel sat down and provided us with an amazing orientation of the Forks / La Push area and fabulous dinner recommendations for the evening. There isn’t a single area she doesn’t know about or a person/family in the area! *laugh*

The Misty Valley Inn website does not lie - they do deliver the “The Ultimate Breakfast Experience” … it is beyond words! The Moroccan Omelets are a MUST try! We enjoyed amazing homemade pastries, tea/coffee, waffles and fruit while taking in the live entertainment provided by the “not quiet ready for prime-time” furry and feathered critters of Fork right outside the larger picture window in the breakfast nook.

While we were only there for a night, that weekend has really stuck with us and we can’t wait to get back out that way and stay at the Misty Valley Inn again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roozoo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Enjoyed a great weekend at Misty Valley. The owners are incredibly nice and helpful. The breakfast and cakes/pies/brownies were all were great. The hot tub is awesome for soaking in after a day of hiking and of the location is perfect for exploring the beaches and the hoh.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samina
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Such a delight! A home away from home but with WAY better food. Jim and Rachel were great hosts and I loved playing with the dogs. This was one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in and I tend to stay in B&Bs. This was an incredibly affordable, amazingly beautiful and unexpected gem on our impromtu travel to Forks. Really looking forward to returning again. Thanks Rachel and Jim.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Baligirl72
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We loved it! Jim and Rachel were fantastic hosts and gave us lots of local information. It was very clean and we LOVED the breakfasts. They were way more than we could eat and everything we tried was great. We found out at the local high school that Rachel used to be the home ec teacher there and it clearly has paid off!! We also appreciated the always-available dessert bar and coffee, tea, etc. Good location and overall great experience. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tellana1
roanoke, virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed at the Misty River for two nights in late February, and chose this B&B largely on the basis of other TripAdvisor reviews. I was not disappointed.
I felt comfortable with Rachel, the hostess, almost immediately. She's a warm and friendly person who really does seem to care that her guests are comfortable. The house is big and beautiful, but somehow manages to be cozy and inviting at the same time. Now, details...
There are no TV's in the rooms, but the lovely den (at the other end of the house from the guests rooms...you won't hear the noise) has a big flat-screen TV and several comfy seating options, and I really did feel "at home" there, lounging around and watching the Olympics with Rachel. She has two sweet and well-trained dogs, Mya and MoMo, whom I met only after my request. They stay in the Bennet's personal area unless she is absolutely sure a guest wants to be around them. There were two other couples there on my first night, and I am thrilled to report that, aside from a door closing now and then, I didn't hear them at all. I was in the English room that night, which has a firm mattress and a huge bathroom. On my second night, the others had left, so Rachel moved me to the Dutch room, which has a softer, king-size bed, access to the deck, and a great view of a neighbor's field of little evergreens.
Breakfast was slightly different from most B&B's. Rachel lets each guest pick a wake-up time, which includes a tray with a beverage of choice, fresh flowers, and a card telling you the weather conditions. Then you also pick what time you would like to eat, and she gives you a range of menu items to choose from. These included irish waffles, pancakes stuffed with your fruit of choice, and a house-specialty moroccon omelet. I can personally vouch for the omelet and the pancakes (giant pancakes; I had no hope of finishing).
In all honesty, I had heard that accomodations in this area were standard at best, and I was completely unprepared for how NICE this place is. Rachel and Jim are wonderful folks, their house is clean and comfortable, and I think they will get used to seeing me once a year or so.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank saoirse7
Bristol
Reviewed February 25, 2010

This was an unexpected treat! We booked in on the recommendation of another B&B in Forks which was full for the night we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a warmer and more generous host. Rachel made sure no detail was left unattended - the cakes on offer were awesome and the breakfast indescribable! Prepare to be defeated by whatever you choose - we had five options! The fruit pancake was delicious. The room had everything we could need, the view over the valley was magical and the Douglas squirrels on the veranda were hilarious! Elk can often be seen in the valley too along with all sorts of bird life.

Rachel welcomes Twilight fans but it's not too over the top for travellers visiting the area for its outstanding natural beauty.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank clazzerj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Misty Valley Inn B&B? Share your experiences!