“Great Hospitality in a Beautiful Setting”

Misty Valley Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2014

All we really need to say is that this is a wonderful B & B. Check-in is 4:30 or later. Be hungry for some of Rachel's great desserts. She met us at the door and immediately started showing us around. Ended up on the deck by our room and sat down and chatted for quite some time about the area, family, and how she got into this B & B. She told us the 26-year history of the place. She also took our order for breakfast and wanted to know when we wanted our coffee tray delivered to our bedroom door (not before 7 a.m.) and at what time we would like breakfast (not before 7:30 a.m). Rachel is very outgoing and has an infectious smile and laugh. She and Jim live on-site so are available to assist with anything you need and are just so hospitable. Just ring the bell. The B & B is very clean and inviting. Four units are available. Beautiful flowers and landscaping. A hot tub is available to sooth any weary bones or muscles. There is a library/sitting room with a fireplace and piano and a TV room with a large screen HDTV.

We had the Dutch Room which looks out over the valley, forest, and mountains. It was beautifully decorated and had a king bed. Bath had a shower (no tub) and a vanity with two sinks and two mirrors. Had good lighting. No TV or clock. Flip-flops and robes were available for getting to and from the hot tub. A fridge was available. We had a deck with patio furniture for those nice quiet evenings outside or the early morning coffee. Really enjoyed watching the humming birds fly around trying out each of the feeders and chasing away their comrades.

Breakfast was wonderful. You could choose from one of 6 entrees. Warm pears with whipped cream and cinnamon were served first followed by blueberry muffins. Then came the large serving of the entree. Enjoy the coffee and juices. You definitely will not go away from the table with a hungry stomach.

We both had the same idea about something that might be added for the guest. Some people like to get up early and read the paper or other material or maybe watch some news on TV and enjoy that cup of coffee at the same time. So we thought maybe a coffee pot with a timer on it could be ready for the early risers. Another idea: Provide some pastries and/or fruit along with coffee and juice for those travelers that need to leave very early.

We will stay here again if we are ever in the Forks area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaleSwansea_IL

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were given a warm welcome at the Misty Valley before we even got to the front door. Rachel provided us with some information on places to eat in the area, and then she described the breakfast options in so much detail that my mouth was watering. Our room was comfortable, the view from the deck amazing, and breakfast did prove to be one of the best I've had in a long time. Thanks for your hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our first visit to a B&B, and if every one were managed the was that this one is, I don't think that I would every stay in a hotel again! Very charming and personal with wonderful hosts. The owners go way above and beyond what I would expect to make sure that your stay is exquisite! They have a wealth of knowledge of the local area and the Seattle area as well and don't mind taking the time to share it with you when you ask. Their breakfast is absolutely wonderful as well. They will give you several choices the day before and have it ready shortly after wake up call. They will also deliver a tray to you room with the wake up call with your choice of hot tea, cocoa or coffee, just to help give your morning a kick start. Included on your wake up tray, will be a custom made card with the days weather forecast. I would highly recommend this location for anyone that wants a relaxing getaway in the Forks area, just minutes away from the Hoh Rainforest!

Room Tip: Dutch Room has an outside balcony, but all rooms are cozy and very comfortable!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

One thing I'm worried about writing this review is I couldn't properly tell you how great my experience with this B&B.
I love staying in B&Bs if I travel anywhere that isn't a city. It's just my way of experiencing America. I always try to find the best B&B to stay, some of those fancy B&Bs that are $400~$600 a night. I believe you get what you pay, but when what I get way more beyond what I pay, I would write a review and you would know that experience should be exceptional.
I had four days trip in Olympic national park for hiking. Before arriving Forks, I had no idea that this town is famous for its relationship to twilight. My choice was only based on its location, which was close to many hiking trails and was the most convenient for visiting hoh rainforest and carp flattery in the same day. I drove from hoh rainforest to forks, and my first impression to the town wasn't that good, as well as the fogs in the town amplified my anxiety. As soon as I entered the misty valley inn, the home-like feeling took over my anxiety.
Jim was my host. What a nice guy! I can apply all the words to describe a nice person on him, nice, polite, funny, etc. he welcomed me with hot tea and amazing desert. He kindly walked me over the house and introduced the breakfast selection. They have wifi, hot tub, and I really enjoyed some of the books in the living room.
Since I was the only guest, he upgraded me to the Dutch room. (My original reservation was English room). The room was super large, and well decorated. It has everything you possible would need. It has a patio, where you face straight forward to the misty valley and mountains. It was such a treat to see the birds flying around and to listen rain drops by the window with such a beautiful view. Bedroom and bathroom were really nice. Bedding was comfortable and clean (I love their pillows!), and they prepared everything for you in the bathroom such as shampoo, hair conditioner and body wash, and even the color of towels matching the color of bedding and curtains. I also took a look for other three rooms, and they are all beautiful! Dutch room is the largest one and has its own patio. I strongly recommend you book the Dutch room if you are looking for a great experience. However, you can still access to the public patio from the dining room too ( also facing the valley and spacious)
I woke up with a wonderful tray: a couple of coffee, a rose, a greeting card that telling me the weather and sunset time. Then I had a wonderful breakfast with wonderful views in front of my eyes (See the pictures). When I was ready to hit the road, I really wished I could stay more than one night.
Btw, on their website, it looks like people had trouble with finding its location. As a person who doesn't know directions at all, let me tell you, don't worry! If you drive on the direction from south to north, it's on your right hand side. Just pay attention to the sign.
I'm writing this review is because I want everyone to have the great experience I've had with them. After all days hiking, all you want is a comfy bed. Before another day of hiking, all you need is a great breakfast. And misty valley inn can give you more than that.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This B&B is absolutely wonderful. From the moment Rachel opened the front door, we felt completely at home and welcomed. We were there off season in March and got the royal treatment. Rachel is a terrific hostess and makes the best breakfasts I've ever had the joy to consume. I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. Its just simply the best B&B I've ever had the privilege to stay in. You ROCK Rachel! Thanks so very much.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nicely decorated. The King Bedroom looks out over the Misty Valley.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for an off-season weekend getaway in early February. We were looking for your basic, quiet B&B to serve as a base of operations while we hiked in the Hoh Rain Forest and other sites on the Olympic Peninsula. What we got was an exceptional experience: a cozy, homey atmosphere with a genuinely sweet and hospitable hostess, spectacular breakfasts that could easily stretch out to lunches, and service that can be fairly described as "doting." The rooms and grounds are quite comfortable -- beautiful without being overly twee or stuffy -- and made a pleasant landing spot after a day of hiking. We could barely drag ourselves away to go home! We'll definitely be coming back here the next time we're staying on the Peninsula.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mist Valley Inn in Forks and upon entering into this beautiful that is maintained by Rachel and Jim you knew you were on vacation. After talking with Rachel when entering this beautiful home and being greeted by a woman with a smile to melt your heart. She introduced us to her husband, Jim and then also introduced us to their four-legged family Mya and Jax who even made you feel more relaxed with the care that they put into making your stay the best possible. Then Rachel showed us our room with a lovely King size bed and a view overlooking the field behind their home with visiting elks, birds and whatever else might show up.she then takes your order for breakfast which sounded wonderful, but after a good night sleep in a bed with micro-fiber sheets (pure comfort) we find coffee, tea, hot chocolate or whatever you ordered the night before at your door with flowers in a little vase and a cute card with the forecast of the day. You then go to the dining room and meet other guest(s) over a meal to die for. Rachel, being a retired nutritionists and who also loves to cook introduces you to a breakfast that you will not forget. We will be going back because we were visiting in the winter time and we want to see what the area (Olympic Nat'l. Forest and its beaches) in the summertime has to offer.
Once again thankyou Rachel, Jim, Mya and Jax for making our stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their own bit of mystique
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge in Olympic National Park
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
Quillayute River Resort
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Huckleberry Lodge Cabins

Been to Misty Valley Inn B&B? Share your experiences!