“Excellent Food”
Review of Taqueria Santanna - CLOSED

Taqueria Santanna
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Yes this is a hole in the wall but the food was exceptional. I usually avoid Mexican restaurants while outside of California (from personal experience) but this was high on the TripAdvisor list so we tried it and we weren't disappointed. I had the Chili Verde and it was probably the best I have ever had!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

What i did not like about this place was the extremely glum young girl working the register, which was most unlike every other place i went to in three weeks in Wash.

Other thing is they should warn you that the tacos come totally dry. Down in Baja and at the border they come loaded and the salsa bar is what you add if you want to.

The home made i think tortillas were good, and the meat was good. Far less impressed by the salsa bar than others, but it was not bad in any way.

Ambience: i got mine to go, but would not have enjoyed sitting in there. Kind of dark and glum to my taste, and not clean.

I think with a different human experience i would go up to 4 stars

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting Olympic Natl Park and come across Forks. Our first thought: "what's up with all this Twilight stuff?" Our second thought: "Wow that looks like a pretty legit Mexican place." We stopped in because it looks like a hole in the wall, authentic place. Turns out, we were right. They have a salsa bar filled with awesome goodies - pico de gallo, fresh chopped cilantro, roasted whole jalapeños, pickled jalapeños, and a variety of sauces and salsas. You get chips if you eat in, so this is a feast in and of itself.

I got cheese enchiladas and they were probably the best I've ever had. They were topped with a tasty tomatillo sauce, plenty of sour cream and slices of avocado. Most restaurants are stingy about avocado and sour cream and you pay extra, but not here. My boyfriend got the small burrito (it isn't small!) and two tacos. The tacos and my enchiladas had really great corn tortillas and the tacos are super authentic.

You know you're in a great Mexican place when everyone (the customers too) is speaking Spanish and the waitress hops back and forth from perfect English to perfect Spanish with ease.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is our go-to place in Forks. Not much to look at from the outside, or the inside for that matter. What you get is consistently excellent food. Very authentic. Had the chicken tamales yesterday-best I've had in or out of Mexico. Terrific condiment bar.
Order anything, close your eyes and Savor the Flavor.

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Cloth chairs filthy. Workers kids, bathroom and kitchen share space. Dirty bathroom. Carne asada beef cheap cut, sliced along rather than across grain was tougher and drier than jerky and had no discernable flavor.
My friend's pork Chile verde was good and tender. Tortillas are home made.