“Cozy but different B&B that I'm accustomed to.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Cozy but different B&B that I'm accustomed to.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Cozy Bear room with 3 beds and roll up mattresses for more plus a separate entrance from outside. The bathroom was a good size with a jetted tub (weird part is that their is a separate door in the bathroom that connects to their laundry room. We could hear their washer and dryer so that was weird and not as private as I would like). Unfortunately I would have to agree with jiffershipper that there was used soap in the bathroom along with large costco sized hair products. Luckily we brought our own but used soap is never a good option. The beds were comfy and good blankets. The house was very cute and they had a friendly dog that did amazing tricks. There was no view from the room but if you went out back it was a gorgeous view of the river with a trial that you can walk out down to the river (be very cautious as kids need to closely watched and it's pretty slippery when damp . No TV in the room or radio so be prepared to bring your own. The only TV was in the main family room but that was a very uncomfortable as the owners were always out there watching TV on the couch and chair. They never invited us out there nor told us about it being an option so we stayed in our room when we were there. I got the feeling that there was no common area as that was their main living/tv space. I later found out that they do have a separate "Family room" for themselves but they like the fireplace in the common area more. The hot tub was nice but you either had to walk past the owners on the couch watching tv or walk around the front through gravel to get there (bring slippers). Breakfast was good, not over the top or several courses but scones and crepes with fresh whipped cream. Be prepared for the owners to sit with you at the table while you eat and talk to you. They openly said that they don't like B&B's that the owners hide in their separate rooms but like it when the owners mingle with the guests so that's what they decided to do when they opened theirs. Overall the value was great especially if you have a large family and like to be very social, but if you want a romantic/private getaway then you may have to explain that to the owners when you arrive or find another place more private. I'm giving it a Very Good for Kid Activities not because there are things for the kids to do but for the fact that a B&B allows kids and has a proper bed for them to sleep in. You still have to bring your own kid activities (TV, radio, books, etc)/.

*Also very strange but there was not key given to us to lock our door when we left. The Bear Room has a separate entrance and when we went to dinner we were told that there is no reason to lock the doors as they are there all the time and our belongings were safe. I was very nervous as there was no safe provided and I brought my Nikon SLR Camera with all the accessories (for those photographers out there you know how much value this can be). I would have thought twice about staying here or what I brought if I would have known this before arrival. Hopefully they take note of this major safety concern and change their personal safety policy. In addition you never know who could sneak in your room and wait until you return. There was a lock that you can lock inside but there had to be someone there to unlock it from the inside when you returned.

Room Tip: Bear Room has 3 beds (2 Queens and a twin) along with roll out mattresses for more. Separate entrac...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank mrcruz23
Anjgbayb, Owner at Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I think there was a failure to comunicate here and I appoligize. I also apologize that a guest didn't feel safe and I hope an explanation will help. I do have keys for the rooms, but 2 uniformed correction officers live directly across the street and 2 houses over is another uniformed correction officer. Next to him is the home of our local Fish & Wildlife officer who works closely with the sherriffs dept and there frequent visits by county police cruisers. Back to this side of the street and another 2-3 houses down a WA State Patrolman lives and then next street over a local Forks police officer lives. There are other correction officers in the neighborhoood, but I think you can see why we feel it is pretty safe here.

As far as the safe goes, it is in the linnen closet with the childrens toys. Don't take this wrong, this is not a day care, guests are responsible for their children. I just provide books and toys as a courtsey. The overwhelming majority of guests do not want TV's in the rooms and radio reception is very poor down by the river. We do spend a lot of time in the common area evenings to make ourselves available to guests that want to know about the area and what there is to do. We have better things to do than watch TV. Again, an appoligy is in order for not explaining the common area and that we have our own section of the premises. I usually make that clear during the introductions.

Last thing I want to address is the used soap. There is a large bottle of body wash on the rack with the shampoo. When guests check out, the jacuzzi has to be cleaned. The disinfectant needs to soak in the pipes for about 20 min, so I take a shower and scrub the walls. My husband is always reminding me to take my soap with me when I'm done, but I just have a hard time remembering.

Thank you for taking the time give your comments. I take them to heart and my business will be better.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed at the Fisherman's Widow for 3 nights. We have two young children and this room was perfect for us. Roomy, spacious with everything we needed close at hand. Breakfast was continental..which was fine, but I would have enjoyed a heartier fare perhaps with some protein involved. Our room was quiet and our host and hostess were very nice and had wonderful recommendations for the local area. We got an opportunity to see the Cape and Museum, the Grandfather Tree and heard many stories about the areas logging roots. We initially didn't know anything about Twilight...but as we were staying in Forks educated ourselves prior to our trip :). We found the room clean and eco friendly (large bottle of shampoo in room as well as soap) -- this didn't bother me, but I can see where some folks would question this. You felt like you were staying in someones home rather then a traditional high end B&B. If you are looking for a romantic B&B this might not be your 1st choice but if you are traveling with a group or family I found it to be a wonderful spot to centrally locate ourselves while seeing the coastal area of Washington.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Suntraa
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We have done B&B's all over US and in several countries. Not our kind of place.

In the Room: Cartoonish bear theme, teddy bears everywhere. Not the cleanest room either. Used soap, no tissues, mini dixie cups for glasses, no clock. Shower was a spittle. Advertisement seemed to indicate TV in room, we were instead invited to 'hang out' with the owners. WIFI did work though.

Outside the Room: Unfinished projects ALL over. General disarray.

We considered leaving, but hung in there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jiffershipper
California
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recommend this bed and breakfast more for large groups than for couples or solo travelers. The rooms have two or three beds and are very large so a large group would fit well.

Breakfast was great. There was a variety of food and drinks and the hosts sat down and talked to us the entire time. It was very comfortable and they were very social.

I recommend the Teddy Bear room above the other one. This one has its own entrance if you like more privacy. The other room is nice as well, especially because it has access to the deck overlooking the river, but to get to it you have to walk through the living room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley H
Washington State
Reviewed April 10, 2010

The owners are lovely - honest, decent, salt-of-the-earth sort of people. They make one feel very much at home. They had their adorable dog Panda do a little show for me. They gave me free run of their very comfortable living room with its great fire and TV. The highlight of my stay was the cadilac outdoor's jacuzzi. I had it all to myself - warm water, cool quiet air, stars in the sky - fabulous.

What I loved about my room: the slidling glass window onto a lovely deck that overlooked the Sol Duc river; the big bathroom with the jacuzzi tub/shower. It was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed.

I wasn't crazy about the fact that the room was off the kitchen and that it was filled with beds (3). The room could very comfortably sleep 5 people, maybe more, and with the lovely deck would not feel crowded - hence great value for families.

Breakfast was a very large stack of pancakes, fruit, juice, bacon. My hosts were so gracious about sitting with me and making conversation. I hadn't planned on going to Cape Flatterly but they convinced me that it was worth the drive. I was so glad I took their advice.

The location was great - just off 101, convenient for La Push and Sol Doc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank KerryBorn
Florida
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Our stay at Fishermen's Widow B&B was very enjoyable. The breakfast was excellent!!! The river behind the house was gorgeous. However, if you have the larger front room you will not have a view of the river except at breakfast. The hot tub on the side of the house was very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
SC
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This was our first B&B experience and I must say that I would go back to Forks, WA to re-visit this B&B at any given moment. Angie and her husband treated us like family from the moment we arived up to the time that we left. The breakfast that she served each morning could have fed a small army and it was always yummy! Both went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed while we were visiting Forks. Both of them were very informative on the area and directed us to some really cool tide pools during our stay. We planned our trip to Forks before finding out that it was the home of Twilight. I read the book during our flight and enjoyed all of the interesting conversations we had with Angie and other town folk during our stay. Stephenie Meyer did a wonderful job in portraying this area of Washington in her books. She truly did her research well! I searched all of the accomidations in and around Forks before booking with the Fisherman's Widow and we had no regrets after arriving. The only other B&B worth staying at in Forks would have to be the location Stephenie Meyer based the Cullen house on. We just opted for a more laid back and relaxed place to stay, on the river. It was also the only place we could find that offered a true two person jacuzzi in each of their two rooms. They also had a very clean hot tub for guest to use on the side of the home that was nice and private with it's own sound system so do not forget your favorite CD, I would reccomend this B&B to anyone and can not wait to return one day.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank efreed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!