“Loved this B&B, unhappy with the fishing guide service.”

Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Auburn, Washington
“Loved this B&B, unhappy with the fishing guide service.”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I felt at home at the Miller Tree Inn. The hosts were so kind and helpful. The breakfast wonderful and the accommodation were nice. We would recommend this hotel to our friends and family. We came to Forks because of the great fishing, unfortunately, we didn't have the same experience on the river with the ANGLERS FISHING GUIDE SERVICE as we did with the Inn. Angler's has no concern for their costumers success and are only out to make money. Their communication is poor. Even when they admit their mistakes they still charge you the full price and we had to buy our guide's lunch as well. We would love to stay at the inn again, but will be looking a other fishing guide services.

Room Tip: Bella's Suite
Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie097
Char47, Owner at Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Since our guests' total experience in Forks is important to us, we are sorry that they were unhappy with their fishing guide service. Even though the guides operate independently from our B&B, we provide links from our website to those that have been given good marks from our guests in the past. We will be forwarding this review to the fishing guide service that they hired.
Of course, we were flattered that our guests felt at home with us. We try to cater to our anglers throughout the year, but especially from October through April, when we prepare hot, predawn breakfasts to give them a good start.
There is one correction in the review that we need to provide. The room our guests refer to is actually "Ella's Suite", named after Bill's mother. We have some nice features to offer our "Twilight" fans, but that does not include a "Bella's Suite".
We appreciate the feedback given by all our guests and we always look forward to their return visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My sister and I stayed at Miller Tree B&B with my young daughter for one night on a Twilight tour. The room was clean, but small. It was very quiet and made for great sleeping. Susan and Bill weren't there. Cheryl seemed a little put out that we arrived so late. We called ahead of time to let her know, but we finally made it by 9:00 pm. The eggs Benedict for breakfast was great. I don't think Cheryl was that friendly. I don't know if it was because we were so late or she didn't like overweight people. I don't know. It would be a great place for a couple to stay overnight.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank roadtripper40
Chico, California
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed here for the Twilight experience of staying at the Cullen's House. We enjoyed the little Twilight details around the home and in our room. Bill & Susan We stayed in the Country Clover. This room had a huge comfortable bed, as well as a nice big tub and fireplace. We slept in because we were on this trip without our kids, so we did not get to enjoy breakfast. Breakfast is served from 7:00-9:00 in a common dining room. It would have been nice to have the option of having breakfast in our room. The property around the home is beautiful as well. If I ever get the chance to go back to Forks, I will be staying here again for sure! Thanks Bill & Susan!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Shiner, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My husband and I were in Seattle for a conference, and Seattle is much, much closer to Forks than Texas is :) He was kind enough to agree to let me add a night to our trip just so I could go to the real, live town of Forks.... most likely you can tell that I am a huge Twilight fan!!! Anyway, I couldn't wait to get to Forks and see EVERYTHING.... I booked one night at the Miller Tree Inn because it looked nice online, and also because I thought it would be fun to tell people that we stayed at "the Cullen House".
Well, I got to see La Push, and walk on the beaches (gorgeous!!!), I saw "Jacob's House" and "Bella's House", went to the Chamber -- but they were literally locking the door as we pulled up :(, and visited the Dazzled by Twilight Store (didn't get to take a tour -- just means I have to come back!)....
After having dinner, we finally got to the Miller Tree Inn, and the second we walked in -- I loved it! It is nothing like the house in the movie -- which I was OK with.... It has a few Twilight-y things here and there.... but, that's not what I loved about it. It felt so comfortable. The host welcomed us, took us on a tour, offered us cookies (yum!) and told us just where to find him if we needed anything. Even though the house was full, and there were people in all the rooms around us - we did not hear a sound all night; we slept so peacefully (maybe it was all the hiking we did out in La Push?).
In the morning, we sat in the breakfast area and talked with other guests, other Twilight fans from all over, most of which were getting ready to go on the tour -- which made me sad. But, then we were served "Jasper's Gingerbread Pancakes with Lemon Sauce" for breakfast --- and all my sadness temporarily disappeared! That breakfast was delicious!!! I wish I could have been a total pig and eaten 2 more helpings!
After breakfast, my husband gently reminded me that we needed to hit the road, and when that didn't work, he just started hauling my things out of the house.
I didn't want to leave --- but, it wasn't because I thought Edward might come walking through the door. I had fallen in love with the area, the trees, the mountains, the temperature, everything about it made me want to stay -- and most especially the hospitality at the Miller Tree Inn. I am already working on a plan to get myself back there one day soon.... and hopefully this time I can stay longer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank gO_mAmA_gO_99
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My neice and I traveled to the Northwest in October and in visiting Forks, WA, we stayed at the Miller Tree Inn AKA the Cullen House. In one word, it was FABULOUS! Staying in Ella's Suite, the rooms were clean, lovely appointed and the beds were super comfy. With a fireplace, TV and DVD player and separate entrance, we felt right at home. Bill and Susan were great hosts and shared info on the Twilight sites in the area. Last but certainly not least, was the excellent breakfasts -- gingerbread pancakes and eclipse eggs exceeded our expectations. If ever in the Olympic Penninsula area, we will surely stay at the Miller Tree Inn. Thanks for a fantastic time!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Barbina2010
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2010

My friend & I had a truly wonderful 3 night stay here in June, during a Twilight themed road trip from Vancouver to LA. The Miller Tree is a fabulous place to stay whether you're into the whole Twilight phenomena or not ... Bill & Susan are the ultimate 'housekeepers', providing everything that you could want, including amazing breakfasts each morning, & DVDs, cookies & popcorn when you return from days out! Honestly one of the best places either of us had ever stayed anywhere in the world!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank LynnF1
Banks, Oregon
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My sister and I decided to start taking an annual "sisters" trip together. I was in charge of the first trip and being the Twilight fan that I am I chose Forks for our destination. I have never stayed in a B & B before so wasn't really sure what to expect. This was one of the best experiences I've had! Whether you are a Twilight fan or just want to get away for a few days I would highly recommend visiting Forks and staying at the Miller Tree Inn. The owners were away for the weekend but the lady they had staying in their place was wonderful. She was very friendly and made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Elk View room and loved it. They had all the comforts of home along with many extras. The breakfasts were delicious and I loved the way they had the dining room set up. There were at least five or six tables so you could choose to sit with just your group or you could join another table if you liked. Forks is a very charming town. The people that live there were very friendly and courteous. The Twilight tour was fantastic through Dazzled by Twilight - I would highly recommend you Twilight fans to sign up for this it was a blast!! I am ready to go back! What a great experience in a very charming and quaint little town. I would love to visit again soon.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kari1e
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
The Dew Drop Inn Motel
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!