“Never talk to another person!”

Huckleberry Lodge Cabins
Ranked #5 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Omaha, Nebraska
“Never talk to another person!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family had an excellent experience during our 1-night stay at the Huckleberry Lodge in May. The property is well situated, 5 minutes from downtown Forks but far enough on the outskirts of town that it feels like a rural setting. Our reservation was placed online and when we arrived we found a receipt and key on the table. The owners appeared to be home, but the entire time we were there, we didn't talk to anyone, seeing just one other person down in the RV sites. The transaction was efficient with the self check-in, and I'm not sure what one is supposed to do if there's a problem with the reservation or room, but since we didn't have any problems I thought the process was great.

We stayed in The Eagles Cabin, which is a self-contained unit with porch. About 25 yards away is a duplex cabin, and about 50 yards to one side is the trapper or rustic cabin (no restroom) and 50 yards to the other side is the owners' home. A hundred yards the other direction lies an RV campground with 3 spots and a showerhouse. There's supposed to be a trail to the river, but we couldn't find it.

The cabin was clean, comfortable, and about the size of a mobile home. Water pressure was good, and the bed comfortable. The view out the kitchen windows shows a woodsy setting. There was enough room in the living room to set up a playpen, but not much space to spare beyond that. The kitchen was very well stocked in terms of cooking supplies and utensils, as well as a coffee pot that worked well, salt, pepper, etc. The fridge was cold and totally empty. If you need refrigerated condiments such as ketchup or mustard, I'd suggest asking the deli at the Forks Thrift for complimentary small packets of those.

Three things that made this stay unique, other than the check-in routine... my wife and I enjoyed strolling around the large property, which is shaded and well maintained; the large front porch was a nice place to relax (had to kill as wasp or two first); and although we didn't use it, there is a huge barbecue area for guests with all the grilling equipment one could want.

Location-wise, Huckleberry Lodge is 5 minutes from the center of town and the excellent JT's Sweet Shop ice cream place. It's also conveniently located to the Hoh Rain Forest and the La Push beach area. It's the largest service area between Aberdeen and Port Angeles on Highway 101.

We would stay at the Huckleberry Lodge again, and probably try to stay longer than 1 night, next time.

Room Tip: No bathroom in Trapper Cabin; Cabins 1 and 2 are a duplex.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. Bill and Kitty were very nice and helpful when I arrived after a long drive from Seattle. I stayed in the trapper cabin which doesnt have a bathroom in the cabin itself but next to it. I loved how it was sucluded and surrounded by trees. I will be staying again when I come back to Forks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Roermond, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in cabin #3, which had a kitchen. The cabin was great, it had so much decoration it really made you feel at home. Great location too, quiet and peaceful. Check-in and check-out was without seeing anyone from the lodge (in fact, we didn't see anyone at all!), which seemed a bit strange but all was well-arranged. I couldn't get wifi to work though, except when I was outside. Also, the bed was a bit too small for two adults (but the bedroom itself was very cosy!).

• Stayed June 2013
belleville, nj
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great Place close to Olympic Park ... We stayed here in late Oct 2012. Forks, Wa is the closest town to the park. Most of the town is very rustic. We had a nice visit here. We stayed one night. It was very cold in Oct. The cabin did have heat. There was also a kitchen and an outdoor fire place that we used.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was a little nervous about staying in Forks b/c people are not too kind about it but on the map it seemed fairly central for what we wanted to do on that side of Olympic Natl Park. I was about to give up and book at a blah motel in town when I found this place. We paid about $100/night in late Sept. for a well-appointed cabin (#1 is half a cabin) with two queen beds, sitting area, tv, nice bathroom, cute rustic furnishings, etc. It is away from the main drag on a lovely piece of property and felt like a rental b/c we never saw the owners. We did not have trouble finding the cabin or dealing with self check-in but I think it might be tougher to find at night. Everything worked out well and I was really pleased with my choice when we saw the spots I was about to book in town...very blah. The only thing I was a little weirded out by was the deer head on the wall and a couple of stuffed birds. We're not hunters so not my cup of tea but there are accurate pictures on their website so if it's really going to freak you out, fair warning is given.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JerseyGirl5781
Wickhamford
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was struggling to find accommodation in Forks when I booked this on the internet, so wasn't expecting much. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. We rented the trapper cabin for one night, which is basically a bedroom which shares the nearby bathroom block with the rv guests. The cabin was very clean and came with some unexpected features like the tv and good internet access as well as fridge, microwave and coffee maker. As one of your other reviewers has said there were other little touches like chocolates and a pocket torch on the key ring which were very welcome. Excellent price for a good nights stay.

Room Tip: Cabin is about 1/2 mile up an unmade road, which may put off some rental car drivers, but setting is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just needed a place to stay as we drove through the Olympic Forest. This was a great surprise. Even though it was right off the highway, it felt like we were camping in the woods. Definitely the best place to stay in Forks.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Huckleberry Lodge Cabins? Share your experiences!