“Close to National Park, Very Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Huckleberry Lodge Cabins

Huckleberry Lodge Cabins
Ranked #5 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
“Close to National Park, Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed in the Trapper's Cabin, a very unique experience. Situated just a few miles from La Push and from the Hoh Rain Forest Trail, the perfect location for exploring Olympic National Park. Self check-in was a breeze. Cabin was spotlessly clean with a flat screen TV and a sink. Heater looked tiny and we were afraid we would be cold, but it warmed the place up in no time. Very comfortable King Size Bed. No bathroom in the cabin, had to walk about 20 feet around the corner to use a bathhouse. I didn't mind, but my traveling companion did not like walking in the rain to go to the bathroom, so you might want to keep that in mind. Bathhouse was not the usual type, it was very clean and very comfortable and heated. The only problem we had was we could not get the internet to work, but that may have been our fault, not the lodge's. All in all my favorite place we stayed at in Washington.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hedgman90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Making reservations for one of the cabins here was really easy by calling the HuckleBerry Lodge. We booked based on the good reviews here on TripAdvisor.

My friend and I got Cabin #2 for 2 nights. Our cabin was cute and clean, (even though we were a bit freaked out by the stuffed cougar perched on the upper loft! LOL! We ended up naming him "Nice Kitty") but I quickly found out I am not the 'out-doorsy' type. :(
Yea, I guess I'm just a hotel kinda gal. :)

The cabins are in a fairly secluded area, you drive up a street which turns into a gravel road, you are on this for a bit and then see the entrance sign to Huckleberry lodge.

***RECOMMENDATION: If you have never been here, arrive while still light out....the road to the cabins is very dark at night, had to use my brights when coming back to them at 9pm after a day out.

My friend and I were a bit 'eeked-out' (yes, scaredy cats!) I guess because it was just 2 females, and it was really dark there at night....the nice thing is the owners house is right there on the property.....we could see their house from the front of our cabin.

I think the cabin would have been more to our 'fitting' if we were there for outdoor things, like fishing and such. We basically just slept there, the 2 days in Forks we were out and about from early morning to about 9pm at night.

I think it would have been nice if we brought our hubby's and they were there to fish and we could sit on the porch at night with them. And do the fire pit thing with the owners we read on other reviews. (we always got back so late, we didn't sit outside and no fire pit...everyone was done for the night like us! LOL!)

The owners pinned to our door free passes to the Olympic National Park....that was super sweet! Unfortunately we were unable to use due to our limited time there.

Room Tip: We enjoyed cabin 2 even though each night there were neighbors next to us in cabin #1 which is attac...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kitteakat
Eindhoven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed in the trapper cabin, and we really liked it.
It was clean and very comfortable, with a tv and a sink. The cabin does not have a bathroom, but they are very close and always available.
Would definitly staf here again!!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Trapper's cabin was only available for the day we had needed and for $70 it was totally worth it. It's not in the main town of Forks but there really is nothing else there so staying a few minutes away was not a big deal. The town of Forks is pretty small...we mainly stayed there because it was a good halfway point from visiting the Hoh rainforest and checking out La Push and catching the ferry from Port Angeles the next day. If I came back I would stay here again. If you have a problem with not having a private bathroom attached then I would suggest staying in the other cabins. Although the bathroom was about 50 feet away; the bathrooms were clean and I never saw anyone else using the bathroom so it was always available. If you use the bathroom in the middle of the night...like us; then waking up...throwing your shoes on would be a bit of a pain but it really wasn't that big of a deal and there's a flashlight in the cabin they supply which is a nice of them. Overall, I really liked the cabin...clean, comfortable...definitely come back again.

1 Thank sunshinetexas3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

My fiancé and I visited Forks, WA recently. We arrived at Huckleberry late at night - the hosts had the keys ready, the credit card had conveniently been charged, and they left a handwritten note with a bag of s'more supplies. We stayed in the Trapper Cabin - it was adorable! The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean! As friendly as I'm sure the hosts are, it was nice not to have to check in or check out - they took care of everything so we could just enjoy ourselves. I would highly recommend Huckleberry Lodge for anyone looking for a cost-efficient, convenient camping experience near the coast. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed August 2011
      Rooms
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Nice hosts. Clean accommodations. Very private and quiet. Perhaps a little overvalued for the area, but we have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights, while visiting Olympic National Park, Washington. The cabin we stayed at, was very secluded in a foresty area right outside of Forks.

When we arrived we found a nice welcome note from the owners who live on the grounds. The cabin had everything we needed, the shower was close by and squeaky clean. It is conveniently located when visiting Olympic National Park. The bed was a spacious soft king, with lots of pillows and extra blankets.

On the small porch was a cool rocking sofa, where we read our guides for visiting Olympic at night, very cozy..

There's a few barbecues available for use, although we didn't use them. Also worth mentioning is a sauna, but we were too busy exploring the beautiful Olympic National park..

I would definitely recommend this place, it was everything we needed for the two days. The only downside was that the WiFi didn't reach our cabin, but a few steps away from the cabin it was picking up the signal.

Room Tip: the small cabin is the most private, and actually in the forest
2 Thank Geert Jan B