“So friendly”

Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Forks
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three Indian reservations located on the Olympic Coast.
Bozeman, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So friendly”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were traveling around the peninsula and stopped briefly to purchase the permit for hiking to Cape Flattery and to Shi Shi Beach. The gentleman in the minimart was very helpful and friendly. The hiking trail out to Cape Flattery is also well maintained.

Visited April 2013

Annandale, Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Wonderful People”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The Makah people are very friendly and welcoming. There are places to eat, a wonderful store with helpful staff, lodging, and a history museum. Not to mention Cape Flattery.
We stay at nearby Bullman Beach Inn but we always stop into the Rez to get our Reservation pass, and do all of our shopping. There are many unique finds here.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank anjasarts
Florence, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A unique place with an interesting history”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The tribal museum is excellent and should not be missed. This is the NW tip of the United States and we found it very scenic.

Visited September 2012
Houston Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Most Northwest Point in lower 48”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited almost 11 yrs ago and this trip was even better. They have totally paved the road up to the trail to the point. A stop at the Makah Museum is a must. Fantastic staff, gift shop w/ real NW Native artwork, and wonderful display. Well worth price of admission.

Visited October 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A pleasant surpise!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stopped here on my way out to Cape Flattery (which is another must see!), hadn’t intended to but figured what the heck. I honestly didn’t expect much, from the outside as it looked rather unassuming. However once I started to make my way around the exhibit I was very pleasantly surprised. The exhibits were wonderful and every item and piece of information was fascinating. I come from NY and DC originally and I have been to plenty of museums and experienced high budget stylized exhibits. I have to say that this small facility up in corner of our world was by far one of the more fascinating and impressive experiences.

Keep in mind I like this stuff, I seriously enjoy culture and history and I am one of those people who annoyingly stops to read every single sign and bit of info in the exhibit so I can’t say how anyone else will react to this, but I can say this is a professionally executed, high quality exhibit.

Visited August 2012