“A pleasant surpise!”

Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in Forks
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three Indian reservations located on the Olympic Coast.
Portland, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A pleasant surpise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stopped here on my way out to Cape Flattery (which is another must see!), hadn’t intended to but figured what the heck. I honestly didn’t expect much, from the outside as it looked rather unassuming. However once I started to make my way around the exhibit I was very pleasantly surprised. The exhibits were wonderful and every item and piece of information was fascinating. I come from NY and DC originally and I have been to plenty of museums and experienced high budget stylized exhibits. I have to say that this small facility up in corner of our world was by far one of the more fascinating and impressive experiences.

Keep in mind I like this stuff, I seriously enjoy culture and history and I am one of those people who annoyingly stops to read every single sign and bit of info in the exhibit so I can’t say how anyone else will react to this, but I can say this is a professionally executed, high quality exhibit.

Visited August 2012

Glendale, California, United States
“Great Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I read about the dig discovering the village buried by a mud slide hundreds of years ago so we stopped at the museum. It is Very Well Done!! Many artifacts on display and even a re-created Long House. It does a very good job of showing the lives they lived. The short movie gives great additional information.
Plus you can then take the short drive and walk to Cape Flattery Lighthouse!

Plano, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Museum worth a stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The Makah museum is well done and worth the stop. Interesting displays and very educational.

fairfield county
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“See the Museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Even if Indian museums aren't on top of your list, see this one. It is impressive and beautifully and professionally executed.

46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“excellent museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Upon entering area we went to the museum that honor's the tribal lifestyle, weapons, housing, clothing, and crafts. Very well done; afterwords we went to the trail and hiked down to point; this was long, and down a large slope (in other words, you will have to come back up it). The views of ocean breathtaking and watching the waves break on the sides of the hill really something to sit and watch.