“CUTE PLACE BUT DIRTY”
Review of Mill Creek Inn

Mill Creek Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2010

As mentioned above I wish we had cheked reviews before staying here. It would be a great cute and cozy cabin if someone had did a little cleaning in there. The fridge had old condiments and old food when someone else was there. The coffe pot had old coffe in it and the coffe grinds still in basket. We needed to purchase our own coffe. One of the extra blankets in the loft had some small stains on it and the main bed looked like it was not fresh sheets. The place was quite dusty.(EVERYWHERE), that our oldest child had trouble breathing and could not stop sneezing. The back of the toilet tank was dirty and so was the shower stall. The whole three nights no had come to take the dirty towels or chek on dishwashing detergent as there was barely none. It is too bad as it is a nice cabin and very close to everything. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We knew it was a small cabin but for 4 people it is pushing it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank blackie66

Reviewed August 8, 2010

I travelled all the way from England to bring my Twilight fanatic teenage daughter to Forks. I booked a cabin and we stayed for the week. Although the cabin was a bit smaller than I expected it was clean and cosy, big comfy bed and sofa. Sitting on the porch at night and in the morning was lovely and we had everything we needed. I wanted self catering and all the amenities were there to cater for ourselves and a big supermarket just over the road. I think it needs to be remembered that Forks was thrust into the limelight with the Twilight saga and has had to learn quickly to cater for the ridiculous amount of tourists that have been passing through, I think for such a small town that no one really knew about prior to Twilight it's doing really well. The owner of Mill Creek Inn was friendly and helpful without being intrusive and I liked the fact the property was in town without being right in the centre, nice and peaceful without being cut off. Mind blowing scenery, plenty to do if you like the outdoors, beautiful oceans, highway 101 is a dream to drive, lovely friendly people. It was a real experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I wish I had read the reviews on this site "before" I reserved a room here. Hubby and I had a weekend, alone...no kids..and wanted to get away. The room we got here (room #1) was dirty! We got in at 11pm so the lady at the desk put the key under the mat for us. The sheets looked dirty and they were wrinkled (I dont think they had been changed)..there are THICK cobwebs on the walls, in the corners and above the valances. There is a gap in between the wall and sink in the bathroom which is FULL of stuff that has fallen in between and is dusty/dirty. The shower head had mold/mildew on it, the shower curtain had white stuff all over it. The ceiling was all stained and the toilet seat lid was FILTHY. There is no phone in the room and no cell service, so we couldn't call and complain or anything when we got there. There's not even a clock. There is a door in the room that opens to another door-which went to another room behind us. We locked this immediately. There are no "do not distrub" signs to put out when you leave, so someone came into the room while we were in town and unlocked that door, along with moving ALL of our stuff/bags/clothing, etc..which I didn't appreciate. There were 3 little bars of soap..no shampoo and 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper. No tissues..NOTHING..so very basic and VERY NASTY! We went in for our "breakfast" the morning after we got there and to pay for our room..the lady had charged our bank card...WITHOUT our permission...as we had withdrawn the cash to pay for it! Breakfast consisted of muffins wrapped in plastic and bananas. Tap water is thicker than the coffee they had. And the best part..This room looks right straight out to Hwy 101..just a little bit of grass seperating you from the highway. We were not told about that either! Sometimes sounded as if cars were going to run right into the room. NEVER AGAIN! Am going to be requesting some of my money back. I took pictures of everything stated above..so if you are interested in seeing BEFORE you reserve..give me a message..I would be more than willing to help you save your money and put it somewhere worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We chose the B&B option - what are they talking about? "Breakfast" was an unattended lobby with a basket of muffins and the world's weakest coffee. Nothing else to pick from, except drink packets for hot water - which we stirred into our coffee.
Room was in poor maintenance and with no space for any sort of bags.
Good town location, but very noisy and way overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Overpriced, dirty, cold, charged us an extra $20 to use a dirty broken sofa bed for the kids. The Olympic National park is great, but Forks is NOT the place to stay. Go to Kalaloch Lodge or Lake Quinault Lodge which are FAR better for about the same price!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ML5792
Reviewed October 4, 2009

The advertised cabins and amenities disappointed. For example, there was a coffee maker and filters (cool!) but no beans (which is kind of standard at many places). And we had to put on our own sheets on the non-main bed - which I had informed the owners ahead of time that we would be using. I was also overcharged when checking in and although it was resolved, the owner did not handle the situation with much customer service (and I did not appreciate having my card swiped without consulting me on the free breakdown first - I had to point out the overcharge and ask for the itemization). Also, we received no breakfast (granted we thought we would be leaving as breakfast was being put out in the AM, no one was available when they said they would put out breakfast!). The cabin is extremely small and could not comfortably accommodate the 5 people it states to advertise. I realize this is a small, private-owned business in a small town - but I was really disappointed because I turned down other places just because the owner seemed so nice and genuine. But the stay and accommodations did not live up to my basic expectations. They could benefit from better interactions with guests, Wifi, and accurately advertising.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

If you really have to stay in Forks, there are just a few motels. When we got there everything was full. We ended up in the Mill Creek Inn. A very small inn. The friendly lady at the ‘reception’ got us the last room. Very small with two single beds. This is basic at it’s best. The room was clean, the beds were small, and for some reason there were enough towels in the (clean) bathroom for an entire football team!
Being 50ft away from US 101, the room (#2) is noisy.
If you need a place to spend the night, this will do. But more then one night....??
There is no restaurant, but the ‘lobby’ has fruit, muffins and coffee/tea in the morning. That’s included in the price. Good enough if you need a bed for 1 night. Not for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank robtk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Forks Motel
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Quillayute River Resort
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mill Creek Inn? Share your experiences!