“worked for what we needed”
Review of Mill Creek Inn

Mill Creek Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Mill Creek Inn
Ranked #10 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Wenatchee, Washington
“worked for what we needed”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We traveled to the Olympic peninsula for the first time last year and we were very excited to take our 2 young sons to the ocean for the first time! We chose Mill Creek Inn for the cabin and the price (we stayed during their off season). We wanted to have kitchen facilities and loved the fact that there was a fire pit, outdoor seating, and a large grass area for the kids to play! I will say that the virtual tour of the grounds on the website is a little misleading, it looks as though you are away from it all and right in the woods, however, it is actually the owners backyard to their residence. It was fine for us, just not what I expected and our kids still ran around and played we just made sure that they were not too loud. We loved the fire pit area and we ate dinner outside at our own picnic table every night AND we even saw an elk right across the small creek!
The cabin itself was very cute and suited our needs well. The bed was comfortable and the cabin had everything that it was advertised to have, well except cable tv. There is tv but it only had a few basic channels. We had read reviews before booking and we knew that some reviewers said the bedding for the extra sleeping areas was dirty, so we took sleeping bags for our kids and that way we knew that they were sleeping in clean bedding plus our kids thought it was more like camping that way:) As far as extra sleeping areas go, there is a hide-a-bed in the couch and a tiny loft area, we did not check out the loft at all because our kids were 1 and 4 at the time and not old enough for the loft. I did notice some dust in various places around the cabin but nothing too bad.
Now we get to customer service. The man who runs the place was very helpful, he helped us with tide times and suggested good beaches for small children. I never saw the woman who owns the place but she left a bad taste in my mouth by the end of our stay. We decided while there that we were having such a good time and such amazing weather that we would stay an extra night, we paid the man and he said his wife would bring out more towels and such for us, we then left to go and play for the day. When we returned to our room later in the afternoon we found a note from the woman saying that no coolers were allowed in the cabin and that we had ruined some of the wood flooring! WHAT?! We never took our cooler in the cabin once and we were very respectful of the rules of the place as one of the rules is not to take your cooler inside the cabin! Our cooler was outside on the porch when we were there and in our car with us when we were out and about. To put it plainly, this accusation pissed me off! We had such an amazing time and on the last day this put a damper on my fun. I left the owners a note in the cabin saying we did nothing wrong and it must have been from a previous tenant and left it at that.
All in all the cabin worked for us and we did have a great time until we were accused of something that we did not do without even being asked about it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank allierd

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My Husband and i spent 3 days of fun and exploring all Forks has to offer, he went fishing with Mike the owner who knew where to take my husband for fishing, they tried but the fish didn't...but still had a good time seeing salmon pass and jump around , had one on his line , but as the story goes it got away it was so big!! We had never heard of the twilight movie and books , but we had so much fun on their tour that we are now fans. The cabin we stayed in was great and very comfy bed, nice towels next to a creek and was so peaceful and quiet and then the good coffee and muffins for the start of the day! Great service, out of their way to send you in the right directions for finding amazing places to see!The only they i missed was a place to hang more clothes.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was looking for accomodations just a week before our stay and found that everytrhing in Forks was booked so I rather reluctantly called about this room after reading all of the negative reviews. I told my family that it was surely a dive but all I could book for us. Imagine our complete surprise and delight to arrive and discover a BEAUTIFUL suite with fine linens, the MOST comfortable bed I've ever stayed in and a full and varied continental breakfast in the morning. Not at ALL what I read of other peoples experiences. I spoke to the owner in the morning and told her about the negative reviews I'd read, she knew about them and said she had no idea who was posting them, that in fact her customers always rave about her inn. We concluded that it certainly could be someone that is trying to sabotage her business - maybe some nearby competition.....My family and I would highly recommend the Mill Creek Inn suite to anyone traveling near Forks that wants a great nights rest!!!!!!!!

Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2010

As mentioned above I wish we had cheked reviews before staying here. It would be a great cute and cozy cabin if someone had did a little cleaning in there. The fridge had old condiments and old food when someone else was there. The coffe pot had old coffe in it and the coffe grinds still in basket. We needed to purchase our own coffe. One of the extra blankets in the loft had some small stains on it and the main bed looked like it was not fresh sheets. The place was quite dusty.(EVERYWHERE), that our oldest child had trouble breathing and could not stop sneezing. The back of the toilet tank was dirty and so was the shower stall. The whole three nights no had come to take the dirty towels or chek on dishwashing detergent as there was barely none. It is too bad as it is a nice cabin and very close to everything. The lady at the front desk was very nice. We knew it was a small cabin but for 4 people it is pushing it.

4 Thank blackie66

Travelers are raving about these Forks hotels

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I travelled all the way from England to bring my Twilight fanatic teenage daughter to Forks. I booked a cabin and we stayed for the week. Although the cabin was a bit smaller than I expected it was clean and cosy, big comfy bed and sofa. Sitting on the porch at night and in the morning was lovely and we had everything we needed. I wanted self catering and all the amenities were there to cater for ourselves and a big supermarket just over the road. I think it needs to be remembered that Forks was thrust into the limelight with the Twilight saga and has had to learn quickly to cater for the ridiculous amount of tourists that have been passing through, I think for such a small town that no one really knew about prior to Twilight it's doing really well. The owner of Mill Creek Inn was friendly and helpful without being intrusive and I liked the fact the property was in town without being right in the centre, nice and peaceful without being cut off. Mind blowing scenery, plenty to do if you like the outdoors, beautiful oceans, highway 101 is a dream to drive, lovely friendly people. It was a real experience.

Tacoma
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I wish I had read the reviews on this site "before" I reserved a room here. Hubby and I had a weekend, alone...no kids..and wanted to get away. The room we got here (room #1) was dirty! We got in at 11pm so the lady at the desk put the key under the mat for us. The sheets looked dirty and they were wrinkled (I dont think they had been changed)..there are THICK cobwebs on the walls, in the corners and above the valances. There is a gap in between the wall and sink in the bathroom which is FULL of stuff that has fallen in between and is dusty/dirty. The shower head had mold/mildew on it, the shower curtain had white stuff all over it. The ceiling was all stained and the toilet seat lid was FILTHY. There is no phone in the room and no cell service, so we couldn't call and complain or anything when we got there. There's not even a clock. There is a door in the room that opens to another door-which went to another room behind us. We locked this immediately. There are no "do not distrub" signs to put out when you leave, so someone came into the room while we were in town and unlocked that door, along with moving ALL of our stuff/bags/clothing, etc..which I didn't appreciate. There were 3 little bars of soap..no shampoo and 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper. No tissues..NOTHING..so very basic and VERY NASTY! We went in for our "breakfast" the morning after we got there and to pay for our room..the lady had charged our bank card...WITHOUT our permission...as we had withdrawn the cash to pay for it! Breakfast consisted of muffins wrapped in plastic and bananas. Tap water is thicker than the coffee they had. And the best part..This room looks right straight out to Hwy 101..just a little bit of grass seperating you from the highway. We were not told about that either! Sometimes sounded as if cars were going to run right into the room. NEVER AGAIN! Am going to be requesting some of my money back. I took pictures of everything stated above..so if you are interested in seeing BEFORE you reserve..give me a message..I would be more than willing to help you save your money and put it somewhere worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We chose the B&B option - what are they talking about? "Breakfast" was an unattended lobby with a basket of muffins and the world's weakest coffee. Nothing else to pick from, except drink packets for hot water - which we stirred into our coffee.
Room was in poor maintenance and with no space for any sort of bags.
Good town location, but very noisy and way overpriced.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
The Dew Drop Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Mill Creek Inn? Share your experiences!