“Good Service, decent food”

South North Gardens
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Forks
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Well this is not Seattle or SF so one does not come looking for the most authentic food but if you are in Forks and are looking for something different meal, then do stop by.

Cannot miss this place. It is behind (or next two ) the two gas stations in town. Shell and Tesoro.

We had prawns which were decent and some very good string beans and some chicken that looked like Orange chicken which I think our kids liked. Cheerful service and large portions in Forks.

Don't think the prices were high at all.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went for the lunch there (11a.m. - 3 p.m.). Service was good. We got our free tea and water in a few seconds. Pork sweet and sour was great! As long as our soups. Definitely give it a try :)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on many good reviews online. We liked it very much. The waitress was very courteous. The "combination D" tastes really good. The ambience was pretty good too.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very low food level. The chicken sweet and sour was served with something like a jelly and the chicken was very chewy. The price for the quality of this food is defenitly to high.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a party of 8. We waited over 20 minutes just to get our order taken. The restaurant was not busy. There were 5 regular sized parties besides my group. Once the order was taken the food came out fairly quickly. The wait staff was slow, but very friendly. I only ordered their letter 'D' dinner combo and a plate of Singapore Fried Rice Noodle. The portions were good, but they were both $12 dishes! These were some of the cheaper items on the menu. I don't know how any of the locals can afford to eat there regularly. After all was said and done, we were charged a 15% gratuity on the bill. The thing is, we spilt our bill since it was 2 separate families and our bills were 2 different totals. Even though my bill was more expensive then the other families, our "15%" was the same as their "15%" even though the bills had different totals. I did the math and they actually charged me 17% gratuity and the other family 19% gratuity even though the bill very clearly said 15%. That is not cool! All said and done, I will not return. The food wasn't bad at all, it is just the res of the experience that kills it for me. Oh, I agree with one of the other reviewers, the curry is very spicy. I ate it, but my wife couldn't take it and that was the only food she had ordered. She walked across the street after and bought a granola bar and a candy bar since the food was too spicy for her.

Been to South North Gardens? Share your experiences!