“good times”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“good times”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's a nice little restaurant with good size portions. Our server was very attentive and nice. The food was tasty and the place was clean. I will eat here the next time I visit Forks.

Visited August 2013

“Slooowwww Service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food was just OK, service was not. Extremely slow, and when I got my food, one dish I ordered was replaced with another. I questioned it and the waiter said, "We were out of enchiladas so you got a taco instead." No apologies, no choice.

Visited July 2013
Darrington, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst mexican food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

i love mexican food and am not a picky eater. but i was highly disappointed by the food and the service. the food was bland and huge. the meat was awful and everything was over priced for its quality. the waiters were not very pleasant and the place just did not have a good vibe.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alexis K
Olympia, Washington
“We hoped, but were disappointed”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped in Forks and had hopes for this restaurant. The food was just adequate, the chips tasted like cornflakes and the salsa was mostly water. The service was slow and we were mostly ignored by the wait staff. This was not typical as locals came in and were greeted warmly. We'll go elsewhere in the future

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Philip W
Hansville
“Some Good Points, but the Food Sucked”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First, the good stuff. The bathroom was clean, usually a sore spot in Mexican restaurants. The dining area was clean, although the decor was lacking. OK, it's Forks so we can live with that. Service was fast and neutrally courteous.

But the food was sub par. Unfortunately, my wife and I ordered the same meat selection, Picadillo, mine in a burrito and hers in a taco salad. The Picadillo was the worst I've ever had. The first impression was that it was too heavily salted, but soon, the fatal flaw showed up in the extraordinary overabundance of cumin, a common spice used in Mexican cooking. The cumin flavor was so overwhelming that it seemed that the cook must have accidently spilled the whole bottle of the spice into the meat. I love this spice, but it's overuse produced stomach upset in both of us for hours after we consumed it. The beef was so tough that it was very difficult to cut, even with a knife. Picadillo needs to simmer over low heat for hours to meld the flavors and make the meat tender. I think the main problem was the meat was not cooked nearly long enough.

The other problems were a stale and lifeless salsa and Mexican rice that tasted and looked like it had been in held in a warmer for days. The refried beans were also relatively tasteless.

Actually, the only reason we tried this place is that Plaza Jalisco's only competitor in town, Taqueria Santa Ana, was closed on Sunday. Next time we're there on Sunday, we'll cook in!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank HansvilleHugh

Been to Plaza Jalisco? Share your experiences!