“We don't have to look any farther for a room in Forks”
Review of Forks Motel

Forks Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Forks
Glide, Oregon
“We don't have to look any farther for a room in Forks”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit in three years and it was just as nice a place to stay all over again. It is a great small town motel in a central location with clean rooms and fairly priced. Restaurants are across the street and next door. One funny note on the night we arrived. The power had been out several hours and the only place to eat was a pizza / Italian place down the street.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank John G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Overall happy with our stay. The rooms were very clean and we had lots of room to move around. The rooms also came equipped with a mini fridge and microwave as well as a hair dryer in the sink area. The bathrooms were also the cleanest I have ever seen even compared to many large chain hotels. So a huge shout out for the housekeeping staff! The only disappointment was the pool. It was the reason we chose this motel and the sign out front advertised the "heated pool". This pool and hot tub were ice cold!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Kelly S
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The National Parks Service owns this motel, so the reservation process is unusual. You provide the dates of your stay and rank your top 3 preferred hotels, then wait 24 hours to hear if you have a room reserved (with non-refundable deposit). Still, I was able to book a room a mere 2 weeks prior to a late July stay, and count myself very lucky. When we did arrive in Forks, the entire town was sold out and the next closest available bed was in Port Angeles.

The Forks Motel is right smack dab in the middle of Forks, and you can walk the entire downtown in a half hour. There are two diners in the immediate vicinity of the motel. For convenience, this is a great property.

The rooms were clean. The bathroom small (only a shower in the Double Economy) but functional. The TV was modern and working, and we had a nice in-room fridge with microwave. My complaint is with the beds. The mattress was thin and hard, and the pillows not much better.

If I ever travel to Forks again with the intent of staying over, I will plan well-enough in advance to snag a motel with much more comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah K

Travelers are raving about these Forks hotels

Juno Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Actually better than $180 place we stayed last night. Sugar Pie Honey Bunch enjoyed the pet area. Friendly, homey place.
Spacious rooms with refrigerator & microwave & bath tub. My husband loves bath tubs.

• Stayed August 2013
Washington State
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was with two other guys on a motorcycle trip. We booked a two queen rooms and added a roll-a-way. Since I got the roll-a-way I cannot speak to the comfort of the beds but the other guys seemed to have no complaints. The roll-a-way was - small but it worked. The lady at check in was very friendly and helpful with local information. The room itself was clean with some signs of modernization - nice. The bathroom especially showed this. The wifi was ok. The price for the room was "ok" considering tourist season. Overall all it was decent and I would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank therealsherlock
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really wanted to give this place more stars. We stayed 6 nights in a family kitchen unit w/ three queen beds and enjoyed the central location. Great bed and pillows, great housekeeping and clean fluffy towels. The housekeeping even washed our coffee cups and ice cream bowls (I thought my wife was doing that, she thought I was).
On the downside - the carpet stains are huge and nasty and only the chalk outline is missing. Spend $200 and replace the carpet already. On three of the six nights we were woken up around 3:30 by a family of raccoons running around on the roof for half an hour. Very loud, very disturbing. Units are loud and we were kept up late by the TV downstairs. You can hear every word spoken (we were upstairs) and I'm sure they could hear us walking around.
We were in Forks so I didn't have high expectations. Great housekeeping, great location, comfy beds, pillows and towels (also - I noticed that they wash the comforters - not just the sheets) but noisy and the floors are just nasty. We paid just under $1000 for the 6 nights.

Room Tip: Kitchen units are huge, lots of space. Upstairs is just as noisy as downstairs though.