“Adequate, though over-priced”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Forks
Bellingham, Washington
“Adequate, though over-priced”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly night clerk, free cocoa, pool, and they allowed dogs. These are the pluses. On the negative side, the room had a strange smell and the price was way too high. This was a 60-75 room priced at $120.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SznnC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Maui Hawaii
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just spent one night here, half way point to our next destination. Dated décor... although very clean, they advertise free Wifi... in which I needed this night, I could never connect however they have a computer for guests in the office. They offer pay washer and dryer... that was a plus at this stage of our trip. Was a bit more expensive than most motels we stayed on our trip. It was fine for a one night stay!

Room Tip: close to a great restaurant... "The In Place"... homemade huckleberry ice cream...mmmm
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nv
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This motel was advertised in a local magazine claiming to have lots of amenities including Direct TV, and microwave and refrigerator. We got an economy queen bed room for $95 (including tax). It was very small, had a broken blind in the bathroom, so the window was not covered all the way, a damaged shade on the light over the bed, no microwave or refrigerator and a bed with a mattress that sagged in the middle. The TV was tiny and there was no way to figure out what was on what channel and did not appear to be Direct TV. There was coffee in the room but no breakfast of any kind.We had trouble getting the WI-FI to work on our computer, had to take it to the office where the manager kindly got us connected, however it only lasted for an hour and we lost it. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greensboro
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed for 1 night. Location: Off of the highway. If you're coming from the north, you have to cross 1 lane of traffic. Room was small but I'm not picky and I know it's not a brand name hotel. I could park outside my room and be within a few steps from my car. TV channel selection was OK. I was expecting less. Internet was free Wifi but not fast enough for videos or big file downloads. I was able to go to websites and do some research on the area. The slowest thing that I tried was loading maps on Google. My room didn't come with a fridge or microwave. I wasn't told of a free breakfast nor did I read of it or ask. I brought a few things anyway to eat just in case. Forks is a small town but there are places in town like the grocery store or gas station to buy essential things for the day(s) that you're staying. It was the cheapest in town with a discount.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cardiff
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got the last room (in town, I think) on the Sat. over a holiday weekend.

The front desk person was gr8 at check-in and gave is maps to local beaches, restaurants and even a tide chart which was essential for our beach explorations.

The room was clean with a fridge and microwave and away from the road noise. However, the wifi didn't work, and the two outlets in the room were loaded with TV, fridge and two 3 plug adapters with lights, phone, and antique extension cords that didn't accommodate my 3-prong computer plug. It seemed like a fire hazard to me! There was also a pool loaded with kids playing Marco Polo, but it got quiet at dusk.

The bed was comfy and the suggestions for north/south Chinese for dinner and the Forks Diner for breakfast were excellent with enough food left from the huge servings to have another meal ! The $100 +tax seemed high, but there were no better options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Nice older motel but very overpriced. Maybe because we stayed July 4th but, $100 was highway robbery. Guess you can do that when there are limited choices in town. There was a bed and shower and I felt safe with my family there. Nothing special but it worked.

• Stayed July 2013
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Sometimes you win but in Forks it often happens in the rain! The Forks Motel is a winner, clean, very comfy king bed, good TV. You might get a room back from the road though as ours was next to the road and there was significant heavy truck traffic splashing by outside. Regardless, we liked our stay and found "The In Place" across the street to be a convenient and good place for dinner and breakfast. There is no complimentary breakfast here and we really like that convenience and also wished for an available spa/jacuzzi. In the past we hiked the Hoh Rain Forest Trail and older bones like ours appreciate the jacuzzi before bed. The Olympic Peninsula has so much to offer, enduring beauty, peace and it is so water-washed pristine! This time was just an overnight and away stay. It served us just fine and the great breakfast across the street we both agreed was a better choice than an in-house offering.

Room Tip: King bed, back from the road, jacuzzi in room if available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to Forks Motel? Share your experiences!