“Not sure where those other folks went...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Warthog Barbeque Pit
Ranked #12 of 22 Restaurants in Fife
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We have all slow smoked home made barbeque foods. Indoor seating, outdoor seating (on a deck), banquet rooms for parties and special events, and 2 flat screen tvs. Beer and Wine are available - we only have bottles. We do pick up , take out , dine in. We also do caterings and have special holiday menus available.
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not sure where those other folks went...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

This was our first visit to Warthog, though not our first taste of barbeque, their food is the best we've tasted! The potato salad was perfect, the cole slaw kept up, the corn bread was awesome, and the beans were nontraditionally good. Then there was the brisket that melted in the mouth and the ribs that demanded every morsel of meat be found. The staff were friendly, not even complaining when we stayed past closing (didn't read the hours when we went in.)
We will be back and are looking forward to taking friends and family there!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Carol S

Federal Way, Washington
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Have been to Warthog many times in the last few years, and unfortunately it has lost its luster. Am a big brisket lover and have found the brisket recently to be relatively tasteless and a little dry. The BBQ sauce is fine...but not great. Potato salad is ok...but not great. Prices are reasonable for the portions but won't be going back again because the food is just mediocre.

• Visited May 2011
Washington State
“Good BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2011

This was our first visit. We were looking for BBQ and this was highly rated. The counter people were very helpful . I ordered the brisket and my husband ordered the ribs. I was surprised mine came in a sandwich but it was good and filling. I thought the potato salad tasted like the one you purchase at Costco and I wasn't impressed. My husband ordered the ribs. He said they were great but only warm and some cold spots. He didn't like the beans (too spicy) and he loved the coleslaw. My overall impression that this place is a good BBQ, I have had better but for people who don't know a lot about BBQ they would think this was great. My husband hasn't been all over and he thought it was great but he wished the food was warmer. We had BBQ sauce on the table and he kept adding more. I would suggest you try it and decide for yourself.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
olympia, wa
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

First off, I've been to barbecue joints all over this country, and I know good barbecue. This used to be a decent place, and I used to stop in whenever I had to take my car to Fife for a tune up. I haven't been there in a while, so I stopped on the way back from Seattle last week. Big disappointment: 1. Surly attitude from the person taking the order at the counter. 2. Ordered three brisket dinners and one chicken dinner. Received -- instead -- three brisket sandwiches (with a miniscule amount of meat on each) and a chicken dinner. 3. They no longer have the barbecue sauce on the table. You now have to go up to the condiment bar and fill tiny little plastic cups. 4. Speaking of the condiment bar, they now have a sink where you can wash your hands right next to the condiments. I watched some guy with dirty hands splashing his brown water over everything. Lovely. 5. The bathroom wasn't clean and didn't have any regular paper towels, Instead, they had a sign telling you to use the roll of towels sitting on the shelf. Which would be okay if the roll wasn't all wet. Gross. 6. Since the restaurant is in two separate buildings, the waitress goes in and out of the door every two or three minutes and lets it slam loudly. Get a door closer at Home Depot. It can't be that hard. I don't know what happened, but it's too bad. I used to like this place.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cape Coral, Florida
“the warthog is truly some of the best BBQ in the nation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I work for the railroad and when I am in the Seattle Tacoma area I try to hit the Warthog in Fife. The owner Gary has his own style and flavors that I have not found as good at any other BBQ Restaraunt in Texas or the mid-west. I would recommend you to give it a try.

If you want my personal email to see if I am for real, here it is:
pistolero@live.com