“Excellent variety, inexpensive, good food”

Poodle Dog Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Fife
Foster
“Excellent variety, inexpensive, good food”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant in Fife WA. They have an excellent variety of food, from sandwiches to full meals to lighter meals. Wait staff is excellent! The prices are, in my opinion, excellent between $9.00 and $12.00.

• Visited July 2014

Winston-Salem, NC
“Good enough”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Poodle Dog was recommended as the iconic diner. Service was welcoming and efficient. Ambiance is updated diner style with 50's era music. The belgian waffles were plain old waffles with a ton of frozen strawberries and whipped cream or butter and syrup. The natural omelet was excellent with fresh vegetables. Overall, good enough for a fairly quick breakfast.

• Visited May 2014
Seattle
“Liver & Onions! Oh My!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Mom & I have been craving some liver & onions. Through word of mouth from a neighbor, I was told that The Poodle Dog in Fife has this on the menu!
We drove through the speed trap that Fife, in Pierce County is so famous for, and pulled into the parking lot.
Inside, it looks like a old diner from the 60's. No, not the new Retro 60's decor, but the " Has Not been Updated since the 1960's. " Yes, it's old, but the place was clean. Our table was clean, floors were clean, so age didn't matter.
Waitress was friendly and greeted and seated us promptly. I asked about the Liver and Onions, and she stated that was on the "dinner menu", but she'd get us that if we wanted it (We arrived at lunchtime)
Our food arrived in fairly quick time, the portions were HUGE!
We got STEAMED carrots and broccoli, REAL mashed potatoes- not the powdered instant stuff usually served in today's restaurants, and 2 big slabs of beef livers smothered in sweet onions topped off with 2 nice strips of BACON!
Service was very nice, waitress made sure our beverages were kept filled, food was FRESH and HOT.
Price was very reasonable for the amount of food. I am a big eater. I could not eat everything on my plate, has to get a doggie bag to take home.
Yummmm

Yes, we will return.

Ambiance might be a bit "Divey", but I mean that in a "good" way ;)

• Visited May 2014
“I can't stop thinking about it!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

A friend of mine took me to this place one day for breakfast.
The food and service was nice, normal. Good... Until he ordered me something called a butter horn.
I yelled! No! I can't eat anymore!
OMG! It was a pastry / donut thingy... It was so good I think of it almost everyday. I'm going to Seattle again this 4 th. Of July and believe me... I'll be there more than once... Oh, we did go back one day to just get. 2 butter horns and they didn't have any... :(
If your ever in the area you must try one. This place has been there forever... I'm not sure if butter horns are available all over , I never heard of them... I just know that poodle dog makes them on site...
I'm going

Montesano, Washington
“Ack!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Horrible omelet. Apple sausage was over powering in the omelet. Pancake was average. Maybe just a bad day. Slow but friendly service.

• Visited December 2013