“A True Gem”

Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is great. We had a very good time here. The room was clean and well kept. The casino was great and the slots were fun. The Buffet that they offer was one of the better buffets around. Over all we had a excellent stay I wish we could have stayed longer than we did. I would recommend the Emerald Queen as a must go to destination.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darthraider
There are newer reviews for Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed one night here in August, really enjoyed it... evening Buffet very good, breakfast
in Restaurant upstairs was excellent. Room simple, quiet and very good value.
Makes a wonderful, (and easy to find) stop-off on trips South...have a good rest and
fun at the Casino, or take the shuttle bus to the busier Casino (also Emerald Queen)
a few minutes away...that place is FUN!
Highly recommend!
valerieg21@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Make sure you know that the 2nd casino a few minutes away, is where the table games and poker are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

After reading many reviews and speaking to some friends who had stayed at EQC, I was prepared for a less than average experience. I was pleasantly surprised.

The PROS:
- Great staff everywhere we went. Front desk, players club, security, and serve staff were all professional, friendly and smiling.
- Food - my wife and I ate in the buffet and the restaurant. I would rate the selection in the buffet as very good (Saturday night was surf and turf) and the quality excellent (the prime rib was delicious and the fish was well cooked).
- Rooms are large with all the basic. This is an older hotel but it is clean and everything worked well. The bathroom has a mirror and sink outside of the toilet/bath tub area. The shower head is basic but there was lots of hot water.
- Free wireless internet in the room.
- Casino offers self serve fountain drinks, coffee and bottled water. The alcoholic drinks were all very reasonably priced. One question - why can't I take a bottle of water back to my room after I have just gambled for 3 hours in the casino. No drinks allowed in or out of the casino.

THE CONS:
Smoke, smoke and more smoke. While I felt and smelled it initially when in the casino after a while I didn't notice it any more. However, I had a sore throat after about an hour. Even though we were on a non smoking floor the smell of the smoke does cover the entire property except for the non-smoking area of the casino which is closed in and relatively smoke free.

Overall, a pleasant surprise from what I was expecting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edinbc
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent a night here on our way back to Seattle. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We also used the hotel pool, which was quite nice. As others have stated that property does smell somewhat of smoke, but that is not uncommon in a casino hotel. Overall this is a fine place to stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: there is a good pizza place / rock and roll venue in a strip mall right near the hotel - unique!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel. In the middle of the night we awoke feeling nuaseated and had headaches. Some sort of toxic fumes were entering our room. We had to go into the halway for fresh air. We were told by the front desk that no management was on duty and would have to wait until tomorrow. The staff told us this room has a deffective ventilation system and exhaust fumes from the kitchen gas grill below enters the room and they always get complaints from hotel guests. Worried that we would be axphixiated by tomorrow, we insisted that they provide us another room or we were going to another hotel. We were moved to a room with a single bed for four people. The next day we filled out an environmental health and safety complaint form with the hotel staff. We were told that management would promptly contact us. It has been over a month and hotel management has failed to contact us. I have left three voicemails and no one will return my call. Due to the hotel managment's irresponsiveness, I am concerned for the public's Safety. Today I filed a complaint with the Washington State Health System Air Quality Assurance Department.

Room Tip: UNSAFE air ventilation system--exhaust fumes enter rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank b g
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If your a smoker then this is the place for you. Our room was ok/average and on the third floor. The casino is located below on the first floor and smoking is allowed, therefore the hallways,elevator and even our non-smoking room smelled like smoke. To get to the hotel receptionist, you had no choice but to walk through the smoke filled casino. If we hadn't got the room for free in a contest, I would have stayed somewhere else. Being a non-smoker, this wasn't the place for us.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker then this is not the place for you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria L
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I read a review before I went that talked of the smoke smell. I hoped it was exaggerated but unfortunately it was not. We were put on the 2nd floor which was probably a big part of the problem as it had a deck like structure that overlooked the lobby and casino area. There were doors to close off the rooms but they were wide open. They were considered non smoking rooms but there might as well been someone sitting in our room chain smoking. The pillow I took still smells, my hair brush and comb smelled, my overnight bag smelled, clothes that i didnt even wear smell and the things they couldnt be washed still smell a week later.
In addition the person at the front desk at check in did not even greet us no smile and very cold reception.
I will not stay here again

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Quality Inn & Suites
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife

Been to Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!