“Hands-down WORSE hotel ever!!!!”

Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Reviewed June 11, 2012

While I wasn't expecting much at the Travelodge in Fife, after reading the reviews. But decided to give it a try anyways, as the price was right, and it was near where I wanted to be.

What a mistake that was. Upon driving into the hotel, there were unsavory charactors hanging around, but went ahead and checked in anyways, assuming the things would be OK on the 3rd floor. So off we headed to the room. Upon dragging our stuff up the stairs (no elevators), and entering the room... we nearly gagged. It smelled of smoke, and years of neglect.

The AC didn't help much. And if that wasn't bad enough, one bed was like a sponge and the other was like a rock. Oh joy. But the final blow was the bathroom, where we found public hair and other disgusting stuff. Given we both were feeling bad by that point, we decide to look around the area for a better hotel. Which we found.

So upon checking in at the Days Inn, we headed back to the Travelodge to retrieve our possessions and check out. At which point the night Manager refunded to refund us for the first night, saying once we checked in, she wasn't authorized to refund us that night. But she did refund us for the 2nd night.

In summery, I would recommend against staying at the Travelodge, as there are much better options in the area. GOOD LUCK!

Room Tip: If you do stay there, stay on the 3rd floor.... away from the drug dealers and women of the night wh...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tom25
travelodgefife, General Manager at Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

First of all I apologize for your inconvenience for going up third floor I assure you we will try our best to accomodate you in future Starting immidiately we will not rent room until headhousekeeper has checked the room and your response to street people I guarantee you that after june 28 th 2012 there will be no more people hanging around since the owners of hometel inn very old property of 116 rooms is closing down that was right behind me and making it a rv lot.So there fore I hope you will give me another chance WE have refundedthe full amount once again I am really sorry that you felt this way thanks Management at Travelodge FIfe

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA

Reviewed May 21, 2012

The staff are very nice taking their leadrship from the wonderful manager. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was fresh and filling with a good variety. The city bus stop is right out front. The Kingdom and restaraunts are close and easily located. We found a great rate when we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcwannabee
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I would have enjoyed a better AC unit however, the tv cable channels, and the room was quite peaceful. The pricing was a bit more than I expected for the quality but it did the job. I like how the police were there in the night to ensure that your car is safe. And I commend the hotel for having a camera surveillance system to watch throughout the night. One last thing, the water temperatures were hot throughout showering but it would get hotter to the point when my skin could burn and I would have to constantly adjust the water. Overall, decent experience.

Room Tip: Ensure that you request a refrigerator, internet, and a microwave. But be aware that if the power go...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Desati N
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Nice price, very friendly staff, will stay here everytime I come out to the seattle area.

Room Tip: Nice location close to most everything. Some rooms are better than others.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It is a reasonable, accessible, good and clean place to stay in, with very very helpful staffs.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Did not expect a lot. Cheap but neighborhood looked safe on main street just off I-5 freeway. I checked with management to see if the following things that happened to us were standard policy: (1) Tiny little coffee packet not replaced after first day...answer: Should be but if not just call the front desk. So I had to pull on some clothes and pad down the sidewalk to get coffee. They had some brewed by the time we were up so used some from the office instead of brewing our own. (2) Does the bed get made up after first night (ours wasn't)...answer: No, the bed should have been made up. I told him that I thought that would not be policy but just thought it a bit odd. Did not expect sheets changed on a two night stay. (3) Then I said to him, "One thing I am pretty sure is not your policy that happened to us is for someone to take a crap in my toilet and not flush while we are gone." He did not disagree with me, but at this point did ask for my room number. Too bad I had prepaid through a third party or I might have tried to get some compensation, though none was offered.

The check-in lady was nice. The guy who took my complaint the next morning was nonchalant about the whole thing. Room when we arrived seemed clean. Heat a bit high and had to turn thermostat do below 60 to get what was likely a 70 degree room.

Tiniest coffee packet I have ever seen—packet states for ONE cup—Try brewing with two cups instead of four. No sugar, sweetener, or cream but we always carry our own. Free small tube of toothpaste with coupon. Free higher end shampoo and conditioner with coupon. Hair dryer worked fine. Ironing board and iron both present. Decent TV. Bed comfortable and clean. Small refrigerator but no microwave. Safe. Shower did not seem to wander in temperature too much. Decent towels. Tiny open face closet with rod was only about 16 inches wide and the ironing board took up a quarter of the space.

I am giving an "Average" overall rating because I can't believe the main disappointment could possible happen very often... You know... the "other people's pooping in our toilet while we are gone and not flushing" thing. That was the only sign that someone had been in our room while we were gone for the day except that the towels were folded and re-hung and the waste basket was emptied. Whoever "cleaned" our room also left behind the tip we had left. We picked that up and did not leave one the second and final day.

Room Tip: Room 104 had a frequent loud sound that was similar to rushing water or air but we could not identif...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MountainMan1941
travelodgefife, Manager at Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear guest first of all I appoplogize on frontdesk ,s attitude for not taking care of your needat hat time But I assure you that we take every complaint very seriously and I thank you for letting us know by this review as for someone entering your room noone beside housemaids has access WE will make sure they make stayover guests beds every single day .thanks again for staying

Reviewed March 24, 2012

After reading the previous reviews I was very nervous to stay at Travelodge Fife since my boss had booked the room for me , but I was very pleased with this stay. The front desk girl was very nice and she let me check-out late since we checked-in late at night. I will definitely come back to this property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 28 in Tacoma

Been to Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA? Share your experiences!