“Smelly with seedy people all around” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fife
“Smelly with seedy people all around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night while in town for a competition. The first thing we noticed was the smell of pee in the lobby. The room was ok, stains on the walls and quite grimy, but that's expected for the price. The biggest issue for us was the people hanging out in the walkway, smoking cigarettes right next to the 'no smoking within walkway or near building' signs. There were obvious drug deals going on in the parking lot, leaving their doors open with multiple people (sleeping kids) hanging out in the room. I made my husband walk me to my car at night. There was lots of noise late into the night, past midnight. Overall, even for the cheap price, I wouldnt recommend staying here. Feeling safe is worth a few more dollars.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank thegoodmrandmrs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at a number of locations in Seattle/Tacoma until I found this property I have now been staying here for years.....whenever I am in the area. The manager, Shaun (sp) is great and takes care of his customers. From the second day I stayed here I was impressed that he ALWAYS remembered me and my first name. Definitely a great value for the price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

For the 1st time I stayed at Travelodge in FIfe. I thought I was getting a good weekened special deal I went thru expedia. I got to hotel walked in lobby where it was not clean. Smelled like cigerette smke. I did hve a pleasant exp with the receptionist I believe her name was Navi. She gave me my scheduled rm key to a quuensize rm. As I walked in I was terrified and frustrated. The Carpet had not been vacuumed, there were coffee stain drips on wall, there was a STAINED ring around the tub and the heater did not wrk. Understanding my aggravation the front desk concierge did apologize had the maintenance man go try to fix heater and she upgraded me to a 2 queen double bed.(which I would say was cleaner & a little better). The next day I checked out no way I would stay longer then 1nght. Next morning went to check out n the general manager (Shawn) says to me your the one that is causing me to raise my prices from now on to $63.99 for a queenbed. He said he will never allow expedia,travelocity, priceline rent his rooms that low again he proceeded to tell me that I should not of got an upgrade that I only paid $39 for that rm & I should b happy wit wht I got. I began to tell him it is not my fault that expedia lowered the price of his room that cheap that is betwn him and them I'm just a customer being excited about getting the deal but I should not have to stay in filth just because i recieved a deal from expeida. He began to tell me that I stold from him by upgrading to his 2 queens for no additional and that i did not deserve to have a better room. If i wanted a better room I should of paid for it.(being honest the room was only bigger ot that better) I told him for more money charge he must have better quality and a better attitude with it and i will never come back and that no one should have to go thru this from any hotel stay. I will write a review and speak to the corporate of travelodge which I have already drawn up legal papers concerning his action. PLEASE DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS DRAMA. YOU CAN BID ON A 3star Hotel thru priceline as cheap as $40 a night. you deserve better class! Thanks Tye)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GOOD2BHAPPY
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

While the motel is average by most standards, and caters to truck drivers as well as other travelers, the service is quite good. The manager, Mr. Shawn, takes special care of each guest. If you make a request, he does his best to see that it is taken care of.
We've stayed here more than once in three years, and never get disappointed.
Ask for no-smoking...OK!
Breakfast has super good large cupcakes.
Computer available for guests on a first come first served basis.
Free up-to-date local newspapers.
I recommend a stay here...especially if you are looking for economy.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tacoma, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

They welcome you. They pay attention to your needs. Any special reqests are considered, espeially honoring our special parking requirement. All is done with a genuine smile. Thanks for the good service

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Fife, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

I stay at the Travel lodge in Fife 2-3 times a month and have never had any problems with front desk or anything there.
front desk manager(shawn) has always been very very helpful.
I will continue to use this hotel.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ottoparts
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

after reading some previous reviews on this place I can't understand why anyone could have problems here.Not to happy about the seedy motel behind this inn but had no problems or noise from the tenants.Our bed was comfortable, the room very clean and the staff excellent :).close to casino $6 by cab ,also a decent continental breakfast. price per rooms reasonable. I would stay here again on my next trip

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront

Been to Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA? Share your experiences!