“the WORST hotel EVER!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Asheville, North Carolina
“the WORST hotel EVER!!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

There are many, many problems with this hotel (building with beds and sinks). Our first uncomfortable moment came when we entered our room and there were already bags, fishing poles, coolers in the room and it smelled.....awkward. Then when we go to the room and it had an odor on undetermined nature or origin. There was no shampoo, soap, coffee...a coffee pot, but no cups or coffee. I was told that I should bring my coffee pot to the lobby and fill it up....awkward. There was an ironing board, but no iron?????? There is no pool or spa. The breakfast was a joke. I guess you get used to a certain standard when booking these hotel rooms, and this hotel was way below standard. Priceline, Hotels.com. Expedia, Choice Hotels and all the rest should take this listing off of their website. You would expect them to do a little research before the put a POC property on their listings of "quality" hotels....because this one has NO quality! You give it a rating of terrible, but actually it should be two levels below terrible...horrific! This establishment gives the EconoLodge a bad name, even though it is independently own, it should have to meet some kind of minimum standard to keep the franchise...what a waste of land, although there was one enjoyable moment....we left.

Room Tip: warning, go back, go far, far away, just don't come here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kingervikstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lodi, California
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I rented a room here.We have stayed in many motels while traveling and this was by far the worst.After check-in we went to the room and I was actually shocked at the condition.It reeked of body odor that had been sprayed with a huge dose of Lysol, it was just plain disgusting.Dirty run down room,curtains falling off the curtain rod,the couch had a disgusting couch cover stretched over it.Theres no way I would of went anywhere near the bed.....YUCK...We walked immediately out.My husband went to front desk to get a refund and the owner came to the room and even though its a non smoking room he walked right into it smoking and ashes fell off his cigarette onto the carpet.Im a smoker myself but when it states no smoking -dont smoke out of respect for non smokers.Avoid this place.Gross

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cruiser1967

Travelers are raving about these Fife hotels

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Price was ok. Really the main problem i have with this place is that the owner will watch you leave then go in your room and turn off all the lights and the heater. I only left one light on so it would look like someone might still be in the room. Wasnt like i had the place all lit up. I think you can figure out why i left the heat on in feb. I know it was the owner because he came down to the room the next day and told me. Actually scolded me. He told me his elect. Bill is to high. They put iut an exellent breakfast. Great bisquits and gravy. Hot eggs. Etc. Etc.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank jim4999
DC
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Now is Econo Lodge. Room not cleaned until after 4pm. Carpet so sticky that I had to put towels down. Sheets had dirt marks on them and not changed the entire week I stayed there. Towels very thin and small. Drunks outside. Walls so thin that i could hear tv all night from room next door. Area outside rooms stink of cigarette smoke. Breakfast meager. Only good thing was good Internet signal.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank VALipps
WA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stay here for long periods of time about every 35 days. It is very clean. Front desk is very kind, couteous and helpful. I mean it's not a Marriot or a Hilton but for what you pay it is Really Nice for the Price. When there has been problems they always try to address it as soon as possible. The free breakfast is a very adequete jump start. Parking is sufficient and the lot fairly clean. Comfortable beds, adequete towels,soaps and shampoos. Lots of channels and nice Tv's. Micro and frig in rooms. Like I said Real Nice For The price.

Enjoy Your Stay,
S.M.T.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank stvnsteviet
Forks
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed here on May 13th. The desk clerk did nothing but complain. She complained about a few guys in the lobby talking, she complained about someone who kept calling and asking questions, and she complained about the weather. All I wanted was a room, not to hear her take on how miserable she was.

This motel is adequate, I really had no problems with the room or parking or the proximity to anything, the biggest problem was the desk clerk and now, two weeks later, my credit card still not charged for my room stay.

I have called them twice now asking why almost two weeks later my credit card has not been charged and I was told "it can take up to two full weeks before we submit your room charge to your credit card company." That is absolutely preposterous and very bad accounting. Anywhere else I have ever stayed my card was charged immediately and within three days has posted to my account. Yet, they tell me this is normal for them...? At the two-week mark I am going to block any charge on my card and send them a check so I KNOW it has cleared my account if and when they ever cash it!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Hotel was clean in a great location close for activities in tacoma as well as Seattle. For the price it wasn't to bad. I'd stay again.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank akaika
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Quality Inn & Suites
Days Inn Fife
Days Inn Fife
#5 of 10 in Fife

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!