See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 18, 2018

The hotel is excellent for the price. I am from Bellingham and I travel a lot. I travel from the Orient to here 3-4 times a year. I prefer Orca Inn over any hotels in Bellingham especially on Samish Way. The rooms are clean and the beds are good. It's safe and I like the family friendly services. For the price, service can't be beat. I have stayed in all of the Ferndale hotels and most in Bellingham and I find this hotel more user friendly and the customer service level that is beyond your average expectations. The customer service level is very good.

Room Tip: The manager gives VETS a discount!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Tony G, Owner at Orca Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

We're thrilled to be your go-to hotel when you're traveling to Bellingham, and it's wonderful you've had nothing but great experiences here. Our staff is here to make sure you have a comfortable and pleasant stay, so if there's anything we can do for you in the future, don't hesitate to ask. Hoping to have you back again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

I've stayed here twice, and will do it again. It was clean, safe, cheap, and dog-friendly. For those reasons, I'll stay there again. But there are some really odd things that seem like could be easily fixed. The breakfast was terrible. There's a nice big accommodating breakfast room, but both times I've stayed there, coffee availability was chancy. Choices were extremely limited, and my bagel was moldy. Milk pitcher was empty. There was cereal but no spoons. There were two plates...just things that could so easily be remedied. I would rather them do just a really great muffin and coffee selection rather than this half-hearted spead-out attempt. Also, the owner is a very accommodating wonderfully friendly person, and we've met him at both locations. The other workers don't carry the same friendly and accommodating feel, but the owner is a person I feel good supporting with my money. Overall, besides the breakfast and a few things that could be improved on (bedding, soap, toilets that sometime act up...) it is our "go to" place in Bellingham.

Room Tip: A little confusing about which rooms have which beds....be sure to clarify if you don't want a sleeper sofa.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank weathergirl24
Tony G, Owner at Orca Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

We'll take all of your feedback into account in hopes of improving in those specific areas. We can do better, and we hope you'll come back so we can prove it. All in all, we're happy you had a pleasant experience staying with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We look forward to welcoming you back for an even better experience in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

What a welcoming place. Staff was great! I showed up family early after driving all night and the manager was willing to give me a room at 4:30 am. The room was good size, it had an extra sitting room with couch and desk. I was separate from the sleeping area. The sitting room was equipped with fridge, microwave, sink and coffee pot. The sleeping area was inviting. Well decorated, and it had a gas fireplace, my favorite. The room was clean and tidy. The bathroom was good size with shower, tub and blow dryer. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a great place to stay. It was also close to restaurants, entertainment, and it was about 15 minutes from Bellingham. If your in the area...give it a try!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo

We'll do whatever it takes to make sure our guests have wonderful experiences staying with us, and we can't thank you enough for your support. We value cleanliness and giving our guests comfortable stays. We're happy you enjoyed your room and our convenient location near Bellingham. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

couldn't ask for better service very reasonable rates and nice large rooms with gas fireplace, definitely will be back. Easy access to freeway, enjoyed have a gas bar-B-que to grill dinners, room service was great and the daily breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple

We're thrilled you had an excellent experience with us, and we appreciate your support, Byron. We hope to have you back in the future for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed November 26, 2016

We found a listing on Hotels.com which offered a fair price for a room with two beds. We decided to drive to check out the room first before making our booking. We asked the manager Tony, if we could first see the room before we made our booking. Tony took my son to go check out the room. The room shown to us had the two beds that we needed. It was also the type of room Tony had been shown by us on the hotels.com site.

My son is polite and did not want to hurt Tony's feelings, and as he came back he told me, "yes, it is nice". Later, he told me it was in fact very substandard and unsatisfactory. We then said to Tony, we are going to book through hotels.com and asked if he would be ok with that? Tony encouraged us to make our booking online and told us that hotels.com has paid for four of his rooms anyway, and he did not mind us booking online. In front of him we paid for the room on our phone. However, as soon as we paid for the night, Tony started acting very shady.

He then told us the room we booked had only one bed so we need to pay to upgrade. We had shown him the listing before-hand and he had agreed, that this was the correct room that we would get and it would have two beds. He was very insistent in telling us we would not be getting a room with two beds unless we paid more. We realized he just wanted us to get the room paid for, and he did not care less if we left. We were very disappointed that he had been so deceptive with us. We then left and went outside to cancel.

As we were doing this, we were completely shocked when suddenly a young man came running out of the hotel with Tony running after him. Tony looked like he was going to assault this young man and began to yell and argue with him. We thought to ourselves how we had been so lucky to not stay in this hotel!

I am thankful this happened before we could not cancel our visit with this establishment. Thankfully, we dodged that bullet and the one intended for the young man, whoever he was!

Room Tip: A room at another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Brasstackstrvlr
Harjit D, Owner at Orca Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2016

I did show you the room with two beds and you booked the room with one bed .I am sorry i did not sell you the room with two beds for the price for one when my rates are already low .For the person run out of my building I had to investigate what is happening why he run other wise my property is safe to stay like any other hotel in area .I am just little more careful .Thank you