“Very Good Asian Food!”

Cuisines: French
California Desert, California
“Very Good Asian Food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We ate in the Asian Bistro restaurant, located in a strip mall in Ferndale, WA. We had the chicken satay to begin with. The flavor was good but half the chicken was quite tough. We ordered the honey walnut prawns and they were totally delicious. They rivaled P.F. Changs' dish but had orange slices rather than honeydew balls.This dish alone is worth the trip. The place seemed very clean except for the wall by our booth had some food spatters--before we ate! They do not offer Thai Tea, which we like to drink with our Asian food. The servers were pleasant and timely and we do plan to return someday.

• Visited August 2011

Pacific Northwest
“Huge place, yummy food, overstaffed”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Maybe I went there on a slow day, but there were 4 other tables of people eating and a ton of sweet, attentive staff waiting at the perimeter of the room. Unfortunately, I felt like I was eating on display and every time I glanced over there for half a second, a staff member would pounce to attention, even if I wasn't trying to get their attention. I felt watched the whole meal and it made me uncomfortable. The food was good, not awesome. The restaurant is very large. I've always been enchanted by the name, because it seems incongruent to me. Might try it again to see what else the menu has to offer.

Blaine, Washington
“Nicest people ever serving tasty asian food”
Reviewed November 20, 2009

The staff is friendly and attentive, treating everyone like a friend. We love this restaurant and try to visit often. If you make it there more than a few times chances are the staff will start calling you by name.
The food is excellent, particularly the chef's specialties. We recommend the asian pasta dishes for something a little different. If you like it spicy tell them, because the food is a bit mild in an effort to please all tastes.

Oregon
“Excellent Asian Cuisine!”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This restaurant has not only the friendliest staff, but the BEST Asian cuisine I have had in a long time!
Large portions, not skimpy with any meat, like some restaurants and very good food everytime I ever ate here.
If you ever find yourself in Ferndale, WA and craving some Chinese food...........I don't think you can go wrong eating at the Asian Bistro.

Ferndale, Washington
“Good for casual business...”
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Good for casual business meetings. That is about all it is good for. I liked it much better when it was Thai Garden.