“You owe it to yourself”
Review of Red River Cafe

Red River Cafe
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Ferndale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If it wasn't located in a small town casino the Red River would be a nice quiet place to eat. Since it is, the ambience could be better. The food, however, could not be better. We have visited twice and been delighted both times. They make great halibut and chips and probably the best braised beef shortribs I have ever had. Both come with excellent side dishes and cheerful better than average service. If you like good hearty dinners you owe it to yourself to eat here.

1  Thank Sungron

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Mac & Cheese is so yummy and prices are great. Also try the fried chicken, comfort food for sure not alot of healthy options

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Though the breakfast buffet was included in the room price and is therefore a great deal - and pretty tasty too - the food this evening was uninspired with a fairly limited selection.

It may very well depend what day you visit as to what the offerings will be, we were impressed when we visited on a weekend the last time we stayed. At any rate, this buffet was free (slot club offering once per year) so I wasn't terribly upset, but I think we will order off the menu next time since the prices are very good and the food looked very tasty.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great food but very pricey not really worth the cost to me but it was good

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We ate here for the first time on the weekend and I am glad this is where we decided to have lunch! We were just looking to grab a quick sandwich when we learned that they have a lunch buffet. I am a huge buffet fan so I knew right away that my mind was changed and after a look around my boyfriend decided to go with the buffet as well. It had a good variety of items items. Everything from breakfast items including an omlette station to lunch items as well.

Been to Red River Cafe? Share your experiences!