“Lovely service for quick bite”
Review of Red River Cafe

Red River Cafe
Ranked #28 of 60 Restaurants in Ferndale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Mac & Cheese is so yummy and prices are great. Also try the fried chicken, comfort food for sure not alot of healthy options

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Though the breakfast buffet was included in the room price and is therefore a great deal - and pretty tasty too - the food this evening was uninspired with a fairly limited selection.

It may very well depend what day you visit as to what the offerings will be, we were impressed when we visited on a weekend the last time we stayed. At any rate, this buffet was free (slot club offering once per year) so I wasn't terribly upset, but I think we will order off the menu next time since the prices are very good and the food looked very tasty.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great food but very pricey not really worth the cost to me but it was good

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We ate here for the first time on the weekend and I am glad this is where we decided to have lunch! We were just looking to grab a quick sandwich when we learned that they have a lunch buffet. I am a huge buffet fan so I knew right away that my mind was changed and after a look around my boyfriend decided to go with the buffet as well. It had a good variety of items items. Everything from breakfast items including an omlette station to lunch items as well.

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Ate at the Red River Cafe recently, on 55+ Senior Day. Red River Cafe is one of the eateries at Silver Reef Casino. To access the special pricing, signed up for free Diamond Rewards card. Lunch buffet for two, 55+ came to only $8.96 total!
The food itself was rather average, and the salad bar stretched about 12 feet , while the hot food area ran approx. 12 to 15 feet long. There were two choices of salad dressing, 1000 Island, and vinaigrette. Meat offerings were Salisbury Steak, Salmon with a peach sauce (rather sweet, but o.k.), fried chicken, stuffed green peppers (nice).
The high spot of the lunch was dessert. Cheesecake was very good (we chose raspberry). Other desserts like cake and ice cream were offered as alternates.
The buffet had one major flaw--traffic flow! The food bars were set at right angles in a corner where the servers had to come in and out constantly, cutting through the buffet line to replenish the food. Several near collisions , and "excuse me" every minute or so...you get the picture! Overall, good value for a low budget, but not a gourmet feed.
Senior Mondays the line forms, waiting for this buffet to open!

2  Thank Hubqueen