“Great Casino in the Northwest”

Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just came back from another birthday dinner from Silver Reef; definitely the best in the Northwest. Staff are friendly and courteous. Diana, our server, was really attentive to our needs. Even the lady that helped us at the dividends counter was really helpful. I can't remember if it was Natalie or Vanessa but she was really nice.
Have to try the hotel next time; my cheapskate hubby feels like its too close to home that we could still drive back home instead of staying the night.
Definitely, going back soon. This time for hubby's birthday. Maybe we could spend the night then.
Thank you Silver Reef for treating your guests well. Perhaps more slot machines in the non-smoking area be added in the future??

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grace A
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Grace A,

Thank you so much for your kind words!! We sincerely appreciate hearing about all the good news you gave us. Our Slot Director has been given your input about adding more slots in the smoke-free area and will take it under consideration!

Thanks again for your input and tell your husband that there is a great Diamond Dividends member rate at the hotel!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We called ahead to order our pizzas for take out. They told us it would be about 45 minutes, so we arrived at about that time. Unfortunately for us, there was a line of at least 10 people ahead of us, so I asked one of the staff if there was a place to pick up our to go order and was told I would have to wait in line. After at least 30 minutes, we made it to the one staffer who was not only taking orders, but also filling them. They had kept our pizza in a warming oven and it was quite good, so no complaints there. The place could certainly have been run more efficiently.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear DougandNanc,

Thank you so much for your input regarding your last visit at Pizzanini. We're very proud of the products we produce, mostly handmade items and therefore takes a bit longer than most conventional pizza restaurants.

We're very sorry for the experience you had and hope that you still give us another shot to win you back.

Once again, thank you for letting us know, we're listening.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a nice place to go for a weekend getaway, We live in BC Canada and its about an hour away. Rooms are nice, always a good night sleep, free breakfast buffet if you stay over. One comment though the eggs at the buffet could be done better none of the egg dishes impress me. The Steakhouse is top of the line food and service. A lot of options for dinning in. The only thing that bothers me really is the smoking. Guess have been spoiled living in BC where smoking is banned in public places. Still I find my way down there at least once a year. My preferred place for when I go on a shopping trip to Bellis Fair Mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nanner_60
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you Nanner_60 for all of your input here on TripAdvisor. We will definitely communicate your dismay of the eggs to our Food and Beverage Director. As for the issue of smoke in our casino, we're hoping that you found our smoke-free environment just before you walk into the rest of the gaming floor from the Hotel. Our guests rave about the fact that they can get a drink inside the Panasia Bar, eat at Panasia and so it feels like a smoke-free casino environment experience. Thank you for thinking of us and for giving such detailed information to future TripAdvisor reviewers. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

when I booked our stay online, my credit card became compromised in that some charges from California started appearing on my card for nearly $1000. I only found out that was happening in one day when the bank representing my card BMO MasterCard had their fraud and investigation department call me to alert me that my card had been compromised and charges from California were showing up on my account. When I approached the Hotel on this matter they refused to report it to anyone by saying this would never happened to them. Well it did and now my card has been cancelled the day prior to my departure. The room was OK but the food and service at the River Café was good and the meal and service we had at the Steakhouse Restaurant was excellent. I am very disturbed with the fact that the reception staff did not even consider my problem nor did they report to anyone else and for this we do not plan to return.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the parking lot from a higher floor are probably better
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roch G
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me during your recent visit. I was disappointed to hear of your credit card troubles and have contacted the third party who provides our online reservations software. As an international company that works with thousands of hotels, they depend upon their good reputation, and take credit card security very seriously.To that end, they have opened a case to investigate this incident.

At your earliest convenience would you please contact me at the Silver Reef to provide us with additional details? I appreciate your time and efforts in this matter.

Kathryn
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We love Silver Reef, the have wonderful friendly staff, we are treated very well every time we visit. The restaurants are amazing, my favourite is the seafood buffet and the dessert bar, I love the cheese cake, cinnamon buns, pies, and carrot cake :D the rooms are so comfortable, clean, and tv is clear and cable is great. It's only an hour from Vancouver, a nice little mini vacation. We prefer silver reef to any other hotel motel along route to Seattle. Reasonable price for a comfortable stay..

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Bluecedarangel
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi Bluecedarangel:

We sincerely appreciate hearing that you LOVE us! We LOVE you too!! Thanks again for the kind words and we really do hope to see you and your friends back here at Silver Reef!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We love to go to Silver Reef Hotel and Casino, it is a great weekend getaway. The hotel is great as are the restaurants. The newest restaurant is La Cantina and it is great. The Chlli Verde is wonderful, I have never had anything like it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank linda S
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you linda S for your great review of your last visit to Silver Reef! We are also very proud of our newest restaurant and we appreciate the compliments and the tip for future guests. We hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been to Silver Reef a few times and really enjoyed our last stay. They have a new buffet which is very good, a great variety of food and desserts. All the hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating. The casino has a good variety of slots and a person can even win at times!
I would recommend a stay over at this resort any time.

Room Tip: We have had no complaints of any of the rooms we have stayed in. They are quiet, clean and very com...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne E
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for contacting Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. We're very delighted to see that you had a great experience with us. We sincerely appreciate the comments and hope to see you back very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Best Western Heritage Inn
Hotel Bellwether
Hotel Bellwether
#9 of 26 in Bellingham
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa? Share your experiences!