“A nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
“A nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times, since the hotel/casino opened. Front desk staff is always quick and friendly. Parking can be a long walk when the casino gets busy.
A very comfortable hotel. Nice rooms, great beds. The "top floor" suites are big and really gorgeous. Very clean, modern. Quality furnishings. Nice pool, it is never busy. Being a casino/hotel you don't get a lot of kids here. Surprisingly quiet. Not a lot of partiers. Nice breakfast included with the room. Close to all the major shopping in Bellingham.

The casino is fun. Up to date slots. Lots of card tables. If you don't like the crowds, stay at the hotel and go to the casino at 4am. Its empty! I have won some, lost some there.

As far as the hotel goes, I have thoroughly enjoyed my stays, and I will return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda T
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you Brenda T for your review of your recent stay with us. We feel that many of our guests have the same positive remarks about our Hotel, our slots and table games area and more.

We value your patronage and we value your input just as much.

We hope to see you very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I visit this hotel a couple of times a year. We recently stayed in a suite. How nice. The buffet is always great and we enjoy the casino. The grounds are lovely.staff is always welcoming. We will be back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Kristiesings for your review of your recent visit with us. It was great to hear that you had a great time with us. We pride ourselves for the 'Going for Great, Every Guest Every Time,' and it looks as though we accomplished that for you.

We do hope to see you very soon!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are flying into Seattle and driving to Vancouver for a cruise this is a great stop over. This hotel staff knows the meaning of customer service!!!! Great room, great casino and an excellent $ value. This casino actually gives great comps!!!! And a free birthday dinner, even if it's not your birthday!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you AceDrapery for your review of your recent visit to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa. We thank you for the kind words and yes, our Birthday Buffet (comp for all Diamond Dividends Players) is a great way to celebrate your birthday with us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My only little complaint would be that the room was not cleaned to my standards, but the room was nice. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Check in was very quick and painless. Security was great. I saw someone driving around the parking lot the entire time I was there so it felt safe that my vehicle was not in sight.

The casino was pretty big and it looks like they are adding something at one end of the casino.Waitresses were always around and drinks came fast. Had a great time. Out of all the casino hotels in the Bellingham, Lynden area, I would say the silver reef is my favourite. The food is amazing at the Steak House but that is another review.

Never had time to check out the spa and pool but it sure did look like something I want to experience on my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jread1961
Thank you jread1961 for your latest review of our recent stay. It is dissapointing to hear that your hotel room was not cleaned to our usual standards. We pride ourselves on our housekeeping and I will ensure that they hear that they did not meet or exceed your expectation.

Thank you for the nice words regarding security, servers and our multiple-award-winning Steak House!

Your patronage is important and your input is just as valuable to us.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Kind of in the middle of nowhere. It's about a 15min drive to Bellis Fair mall. The staff is super friendly and helpful but is real a 3 star with more of a motel entrance than a resort entrance. No real deals here but it's the only game in town if you want to access the casino which they are expanding and ready may 9 2013.

• Stayed September 2012
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi Hanky53,

Thank you for your input posted on TripAdvisor.com. We strive to make every guest encounter a great one. Many of our guests enjoy the fact that our casino property is not too close to 'the big city' and many have raved at the fact that the drive to get here is beautiful and convenient (4 minutes west of I-5). Our air ventilators work very hard to re-capture clean air from outside and remove the air from inside the property. Of course, if you are sitting/standing next to someone who is smoking then unfortunately you are going to smell smoke. We are happy that many of our guests enjoy our smoke-free environment where they may order food off a limited menu, go to the Panasia Bar or eat at Panasia, all within the confines of the smoke-free area. Plus there is a separate smoke-free environment entrance which makes it convenient as well. Many use that door to go to the multiple-award-winning Steak House.

We sincerely thank you for your patronage during your recent visit and we hope that you consider coming back!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed while visiting family in the area. First night I was there I noticed 1/3 of the tv stations didn't work. I called down to the desk, they told me someone would be up and fix it. When I checked back in the next morning, they told me IT was working on it, and should be back later in the day. I stayed a week, never was fixed. I had to ask the second day I was there to have the room cleaned. The breakfast buffet was the same every morning and not very appetizing. The only thing that met and exceeded my expectations was the spa. They rearranged schedules and treated me like royalty to fit in the services I wanted.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hi mmfan8562,

We sincerely thank you for letting us know via TripAdvisor.com how your visit to our property went. We apologize for the lag in service in fixing the technical difficulties we had with our TV system.

Our housekeeping staff does the best they can to ensure that all of our hotel rooms are sanitary and professional-looking. Our attention to detail may have been the reason why they did not make it to your hotel room quicker.

As for our breakfast buffet, our Silver Signature Breakfast did not meet or exceed our expectations and we will communicate this to our head chef.

Your patronage is important, but your feedback is even more appreciated. We are happy that the Spa met and exceeded your expectations.

Thanks again for letting us know!
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

So enjoyed our stay at the Silver Reef. Friendly staff everywhere. Clean and very well run facility. Look forward to our next stay. We had a family celebration. All of our party was well looked after and we were all accommodated next to each other. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hi Sara W,

We sincerely thank you for your kind remarks on TripAdvisor.com. We strive to "Go for Great, Every Guest Every Time," and it looks like we met and exceeded that. We hope to see you and your family back next year (or sooner) as we will be opening more space to host your family event starting May 9th, 2013.

We value your patronage, but just as important it is great to hear that our staff did well. Thanks again and we'll see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Hotel Bellwether
#18 of 27 in Bellingham
Oxford Suites Bellingham
Oxford Suites Bellingham
#1 of 27 in Bellingham

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa? Share your experiences!