WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa

Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Missoula, Montana
“Roll the dice, Head to the Spa and Swimming Pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really enjoyed being at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa. It is a close jump from the Bellingham Airport. The pool is terrific as are the guest rooms and 5 different yummy eating spots inside. I was onsite for work so did not gamble, but the entire experience was delightful.The hotel is new and very well cared for. Love their special brand of body wash! And, the staff are solicitous and very professional. The hotel has a free shuttle van to pick up guests to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Second floor was very quiet and close to the pool. The lounge on the 6th floor is wonderful for busi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank elaine s
AaronThomas, Director of Marketing at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We sincerely thank you for your nice comments about our property! We strive to 'Go for Great, Every Guest Every Time' and by the looks of it we met and exceeded that.

We hope to see you very soon!

Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed and played at the Silver Reef at least 4 times, and my experiences have varied. My luck in the casino is up and down- best to always leave when you're up, but if you're staying there, you're bound to try your luck again.
The rooms have always been clean, and the beds comfortable. I presume because it's a newer property that everything is still is functional order.
I would suggest not bothering with a Diamond King Suite as a regular King suite is fine: the "Upgraded" amenities I think was the addition of a shower cap- not much at all. I even saw some of the higher end suites: like the Ruby or Emerald, and they weren't spectacular.
They still smoke like chimneys in this casino, so be prepared to have your hair and clothes smelling like stale smoke the next morning, and if it's a busy day, you may find your lungs begin to constrict due to all the smokers.
If you sign up for the Players club in the casino, it offers food vouchers, and reduced rates on rooms. I believe the regular weekday rate is $129, but with the player's club rate you get the room for $99 + tax. The buffet is average at best- and the times I've eaten here, it has been disappointing. Many have told me to come on the days when they have the seafood or prime rib buffet dinners, but I don't have much faith in the preparation, as the days I've attended, the selection has not been mouth watering, and Ive experienced cold food under those heat lamps.
If you stay in the hotel, they give you breakfast vouchers, and the breakfast is a nice touch, but is miles from a good breakfast buffet. So, in retrospect I have not been impressed- I have stayed at many hotels and casinos throughout the world. I think they are striving to improve service and lure people away from the larger casinos further south such as Skagit, Tulalip etc...
You can always use your Player's club points to discount your room, or get free meals and that is dependent on how much you gamble. So, if you want a getaway for a night, this place is fine, just don't expect to be blown away as many of the casino slots are old tried and true games, rather than the absolute latest games, and the buffet and seating are very limited.
For Canadians, an added perk is that the casino offers a straight exchange on Canadian to US funds (Jan. 2013) and vice versa- I think I saw that the Costco was offering $0.97 for each Cdn dollar, and other places were much worse, so they do offer a great exchange rate as well.

Room Tip: A simple room is better than the Diamond rooms as there's not much difference in the amenities...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I decided to have our guest from our recent wedding stay at the silver reef casino and it was a HUGE MISTAKE!!! The rest of the wedding went seamlessly, but all of the problems that we did encounter were due to silver reef casino. First they had problems getting the reservations correct for several guest. They charged a guest several months before their stay, they did not associate several guests with the wedding, the did not get the names of several guest correct.....and the list goes on.... It got so bad that I had people from my wedding calling me to try to get the hotel to fix the problem because the guest had already been on hold for about thirty minutes without any positive changes being made. So I called the hotel to try to get the names of the guest corrected and ended up getting transferred several times because no one had the authority to help me solve the problem. After several hours on the phone with the hotel coordinator to fix all of the issues, she mentioned that they could offer us a secluded area on the sixth floor (private floor) to have a wedding rehearsal. They were going to offer coffee, cookies and appetizers to make up for all of the hassle that our guest and myself had to endure. The sixth floor was so private that they even offered to have a hotel staff member shuttle our guest to the sixth floor on the elevator because guest could not get to it without a special key.....Low and behold! No one helped all of our guest to the sixth floor and there were no appetizers or coffee. I had to ride the elevator up and down for 45 minutes to get our guests to the rehearsal and in the end; the "private" area that they offered on the sixth floor was not private. After several trip myself up and down the elevator to get our guests to the sixth floor, other guests in the hotel constantly interrupted us. When I asked the front desk about the problem, she started to argue with me saying that they had not agreed to that. Then when she finally contacted a supervisor and found that she was wrong, she then said that it was not their fault and that a member of the hotel staff had attended.......I was there and they did not! Do not stay at this hotel and especially do not coordinate a wedding with this hotel. On top of it all...many guest complained that the wall were to thin and they could not sleep because of the noise, But even if it was quite that they could not sleep in those hard beds anyways. Hope this helps.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wesley836
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The Silver Reef strives to continually improve our products and services, and feedback from customers is of great assistance in this endeavor.

I was disappointed to learn of the various issues you experienced during your visit and I hope you will accept my apologies in this instance. Please be assured that your experience is not indicative of the high standards that we have set.

I know that our Sales Manager is attempting to contact you to speak with you; we would very much like to know how we can make this right for you at this time.

Kathryn
North Lakewood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our last visit was to the hotel was less than satisfactory (see prior review). We stayed there again for our anniversary and we have concluded the prior issues we had were a fluke. As per our trips in the past, we were treated well and the room was great. It's a great getaway and we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 56Special
Dear valued guest,

We sincerely thank you for commenting about your last visit with us. By the looks of it, we did not meet or exceed your expectations and we apologize. Plesae know that your comments did not fall on deaf ears. We will do the best we can to improve where we need to.

We thank you for your patronage but we thank you even more for your input.
Oliver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We were on a bus trip from Canada and stopped here for 4 hours. We were given a very warm welcome by their customer service agent. The casino was warm, inviting and the restaurants were good. We ate at the Panasian restaurant. We had a wonderful meal and it was excellent value. I look forward to visiting again and staying a few nights. .

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

I was pleased to hear good things about your recent visit. Your comments will be passed along to the appropriate people to let them know they are doing a good job. Thank you for taking the time to share.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I recently spent one night at the Silver reef. The room was clean staff were all very friendly and I slept great, very little noise from adjoining rooms. This was a Friday night and the hotel was full. We used the pool did some small gambling and ate while at the hotel. The only issue was do not expect a parking spot after 6PM. We were planning on heading out at 5 but were warned from other guests not to leave. We took a look around 6 and there was people constantly looking for parking (Maybe due to construction?). The staff here are always busy cleaning, changing, light bulbs, and constant security in the parking lot.

Room Tip: We were on Level 5 and did not hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

And we apologize for the parking challenges! We are working hard to minimize the impact to our guests during our construction project and hope to be get things back to normal soon.

Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

When we are going to Bellingham to meet with friends we like to stay at the Silver Reef. First of all, Steak House restaurant is the best steak house in the area. As we enjoy adult beverages with our dinners with friends, and we won't drink and drive, we stay at the hotel. The rooms are clean, and plenty big. The casino is great for having fun. There is a small pool and heated spa for relaxing. It is a great place for a quick get away.

Room Tip: Try the executive floor for extra quiet and nice rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Hotel Bellwether
Orca Inn Suites
#2 of 4 in Ferndale
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!