“need to do better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“need to do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed here before catching a flight. Upon check in we found our room had not been vacuumed, I found nuts and condiments on floor. Later we ate at Panasia (the only restaurant at the reef we had never eaten at). An hour or so after dinner my husband was violently Ill all night. It was so bad we almost had to cancel our flight and vacation. At check out I mentioned both of these issues and the hotel staff seemed to not really care. We are regular gamblers here and that night our room and dinner cost about $600 (including losses), I would expect more cleanliness in the rooms considering the amount of money people spend in the establishment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

The Silver Reef strives to continually improve our products and services, and feedback from customers is of great assistance in this endeavor.

I was disappointed to learn of the cleanliness issue on your recent visit, and I hope you will accept my apologies in this instance. Moreover, I'm disappointed that the staff at check out seemed unconcerned. Please be assured that your experience was not indicative of the high standards that we have set.

If you would like to contact me directly through the Trip Advisor email, I would be happy to chat with you about your experience and what we might do to make this right for you.

Cordially,
Kathryn Libby
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I go to this Casino every chance I get. I love the games, the buffet and the chinese food are to die for. Compared to the Canadian Casinos they sure know how to treat their guests. They have 5 times the points days, lunch specials and the slots are not as tight as on the Canadian side. They sure know how to give you value for your money. When I go to a Casino I do not expect to win big, this is a business and has employees and overhead and somebody has to pay for it. I do expect a good time and a bit of excitement for my money. The Silver Reef delivers on all of my expectations. To all of you Canadians (like myself) with a passport and a drivers licence come on down. You will not be dissapointed. Win or lose you will have a great time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina J
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Having greatly enjoyed the buffet at the Silver Reef 2 years ago, my wife and I looked forward to a repeat yesterday but were greatly disappointed. The food was not hot, not cooked thoroughly, sparse in number of selections and not clean. Personnel were inattentive. Overall it was a very unpleasant experience that cost us $25 each. Neither of us finished our plates and left within thirty minutes of our arrival. We've noticed the dearth of good restaurants in Whatcom County since moving here from California, but this was truly the worst. A truly horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Edward L
Everett
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to this casino several times but have always stayed in the RV parking area, which is nice and heavily patroled by security. This time we decided to try the hotel. Our room was on the 6th floor in a Diamond Executive King room. The room was very clean and very comfortable. The bed was great!! They claim these rooms have upgraded amenities and a private lounge. This seems like a bit of an overstatement. I would have expected a mini fridge and/or a microwave but there was neither. The private lounge is just a sitting area with a TV outside the elevator. It is nicely decorated and comfortable but I guess I just assumed there would be a bar or .....But, we were still very satisfied with our room. The pool area is nice and they have swim time in the evenings for adults only. I can't comment on the spa as we didn't use it, but hotel guests get 25% off spa treatments. The food at the restaurants is pretty good. I haven't eaten at all restaurants yet, but what we did have was good. We did pretty good at the slots and love the new non-smoking area! The staff we came in contact with were all extremely friendly and went all out to ensure we were satisfied! Be sure to join the players club here because there are many perks, including a free meal every year and discounted rooms!! We look forward to going back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and any children! Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank urwright
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We like this hotel, it is affordable and offers a large room, good casino, several restuarants, a nice pool for the kids. Staff is always helpful and rooms are always clean. There are also several malls nearby if you want to spend the day out of the hotel and in the evenings (weekends) they have live music at the casino.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although no reservation, we quickly got our room. Staff were very helpful and real pleasant to deal with. Very nicely appointed king size room with all the amenities and the hotel has a large pool and a spa. The casino now has a separate non smoking area which my wife and I really appreciate. Had a great dinner at their steak house and then listened to some live music.Our last minute decision to stop at the hotel was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cloverdale, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in our RV on August Long weekend in the RV parking at the Silver Reef. Staff was professional and courteous. Had a wonderful pedicure at the hotel spa. because it was sooo hot that weekend, the casino was very busy in the afternoon; casino lost power for about an hour. A/C not working in some areas. overall, a great location, beautiful grounds. will defineitely return soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Hotel Bellwether
#1 of 26 in Bellingham
Hampton Inn Bellingham-Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton Bellingham Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Bellingham

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino and Spa? Share your experiences!