“one night getaway”

Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although no reservation, we quickly got our room. Staff were very helpful and real pleasant to deal with. Very nicely appointed king size room with all the amenities and the hotel has a large pool and a spa. The casino now has a separate non smoking area which my wife and I really appreciate. Had a great dinner at their steak house and then listened to some live music.Our last minute decision to stop at the hotel was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in our RV on August Long weekend in the RV parking at the Silver Reef. Staff was professional and courteous. Had a wonderful pedicure at the hotel spa. because it was sooo hot that weekend, the casino was very busy in the afternoon; casino lost power for about an hour. A/C not working in some areas. overall, a great location, beautiful grounds. will defineitely return soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

stayed for the weekend for its location to the border and shopping for a girls weekend. Check-in was smooth, the front desk employees polite. The room was on the 5th floor,and I would recommend staying on this floor or higher-it was quiet and not smoky at all in the room,even though the hotel was sold out the 2nd night. room was clean enough,beds were very comfortable and linens clean. be aware there is NO mini fridge in the room or safe. in room coffee and a working hair dryer were nice. Breakfast buffet came with the room. We ate breakfast and dinner in the hotel Red River Cafe. the food was nothing to write home about, I got a free birthday buffet sigining up for my Rewards card, and am glad I didnt pay full price for it. The staff customer service waivered from person to person-some really good and some really rude people. Spa was clean and had a great massage,but book early because while take walk ins, there was very limited availibility on the weekend. Other that the food and some of the staff, the stay was nice. I would stay again,but the only thing that would hold me back was the smokiness of the casino. Being a non smoker,even with the non smoking section, I felt like I constantly needed to have a shower and change my clothes. Parking(due to construction) is a bit of a trick,very busy parking lot. No amenities within walking distance except for the gasstaion on the property.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms prove to be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went down for a concert and stayed overnight. Everything about our experience was positive.
The hotel is clean, modern and well-maintained and our room was the same. We were on the 5th floor and none of the noise from the casino or main floor entertainment could be heard in our rooms which were virtually silent inside. The buffet meals were very good.

The entertainment package is a terrific deal. We paid $219. (plus taxes) for the concert for 2 people, a standard room with king size bed, two buffet dinners and two buffet breakfasts plus gaming credits. (Pay in $10 and get $20 in credit) for each person. I'm not surprised both the concert and the hotel were sold out.

My praise for this facility is not related to the fact that I won $180 on the slot machines!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annaliese
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We've stayed at the hotel a few times in the past and were impressed with the rooms and friendly staff. This time, we arrived around 2:30pm or so and we were told our room would not be ready until 4, which we expected since that is the normal check-in time. I checked with the front desk around 4 and they said the room was ready and gave me our door cards. I entered the room and put our luggage on the beds and realized the room was not clean. By not clean I mean ashtrays full of cigatette butts, garbage in the trash cans, used shampoo containers in the shower, dirty glasses,etc. The beds were made and it looks like someone used the room but never slept in it but it still gave me the creeps. I called the front desk and told them the room was not cleaned and they said they would take care of it. I went to the casino and checked back with the front desk an hour or so later. The manager at the front desk asked if everything was OK and I said "as long as the room is cleaned." He asked me what I meant and I told him the room wasn't cleaned when we checked in. He said " what, a trash can wasn't emptied?" He was very cavalier about it and had no response when I told him what I had found. The room was cleaned when I returned but there were sure signs the room needs a decent cleaning, especially the carpet. We really like the facility, it was just irritating the staff seemed so unconcerned. Even at check-out, the front desk asked how everything was. I told them fine, after the room was finally cleaned, and she asked me what I meant. I told her, and to my amazement, she just just gave me my receipt and walked off. I was not rude in any way, at check-in or check-out, as I have worked in the service side for years, I was just stunned at the behavior of the staff. The pool and spa area is very nice, as is the rest of the facility. I just think there is something off with the housekeeping department. I was also great to get passes for the breakfast buffet with the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 56Special
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The Silver Reef strives to continually improve our products and services, and feedback from customers is of great assistance in this endeavor.

I was disappointed to learn that we had checked you in to a dirty room, and I hope you will accept my apologies in this instance. I imagine it was genuinely an error that someone released a room for check-in before it was actually clean. I am equally disappointed to learn that the staff you spoke with was not more pro-active to your concerns. Please be assured that your experience was not indicative of the high standard which we have set.

I invite you to contact me directly at the Hotel, or via Trip Advisor email, to talk with me about a future visit; hopefully, that will allow us to prove that we can deliver the quality you rightfully expect from us and that we merit your continued patronage. Your friendship is important to us, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa soon and often.

Cordially,
Kathryn Libby
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Once again we just returned home from a 3 day holiday to the Silver Reef Casino and we have nothing but good things to say about it. The staff at the hotel reservation are awesome, so friendly and extremely helpful. The staff in the casino as well as the Red River Cafe and gift shop do their best to make your stay a great time. One of our hightlights of the stay is to go to The Steakhouse. It is incredible . I have never been treated to a better dining experience before this. The steak is something to talk about for a long time after. The waiters and staff really know how to treat their guests. We have taken our friends here every time we go and they have all returned with the same feelings we have about it. We look forward to our next visit as always..can't wait.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our room on the 6th floor was good. Very quiety, comfortable bed and decent size. The bathroom could be bigger. There was a nice little area to sit and put on make-up or dry your hair but no plug. I thought that was dum. We ate in the Portage Bar and the food was just ok. Breakfast was much better and included in the price or our room. I appreciated the non-smoking area in the casino. I hope the addition has better smoke extractors on the casino floor.
The pool was quiet if you go in later and I loved the steam room and whirlpool. Great location if you live in Vancouver.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms have more security and are quieter. Nice view to the west.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Colleen56_11
KathrynLibby, Front Office Manager at Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Cordially,
Kathryn
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Best Western Heritage Inn
Quality Inn Grand Suites
Quality Inn Grand Suites
#18 of 27 in Bellingham
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa? Share your experiences!