“Good price for average hotel”

Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ferndale
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel before. The rooms are spacious and clean. My complaint is that the hotel entries and lobbys are increasingly starting to smell like cigarette smoke and I found this very strong on this last visit. The hotel has a great steakhouse. I ate there with a business client. The food was fabulous and the service great. The casino is small and I found that slots did not pay out very much. Would stay again and good price for an average room.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TikiTravels
There are newer reviews for Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa

Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed at the Silver Reef just after Christmas. What a great getaway! The rooms are nice and big. The bed was one of the most comfy hotel beds that I have slept in. The service was great from everyone that we dealt with. We had dinner at the Red River Cafe and it was great. We just had the buffet and there was a little bit of everything. Great desserts as well!
We didn't have time to use the pool but did have a peek in and it looked relaxing and clean.
Breakfast was included with our stay. The breakfast room was a bit unorganized...not sure if it was because they were understaffed but it seemed to take a long time to get tables cleaned and there were alot of people trying to find clean tables, but the food was good and there was a good variety of items to choose from.
We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We have stayed at the hotel for 1 night. The hotel is OK.
We will never go to that casino again:
#1 - Their slots are not looser than any other casino.
#2 - They never give you a break on beer/cocktail drinks - no "happy hour" like many other casinos.
#3 - Their buffet is expensive for the variety and quality of food served - no deals at all there except for their Monday lunch.
#4 - I used to be able to get my complimentary green tea for which I always tipped. As of a few wks ago, their green tea is now considered a "specialty" tea and they charge for it. That really ticked me off so a couple of times I got hot water from them (and tipped) and used my own tea bag. Yesterday (Dec 6/11) I went to the casino and went to the Barista and asked for a large cup of hot water, money in hand prepared to pay a tip or pay for the paper cup. They wanted to charge me $2. That was the last straw.
That casino is off my list and I will encourage all my friends to boycott that casino as well. I'm a senior and when I go, I always take 2-3 of my friends as they don't drive. Believe me, Silver Reef has lost their business also as I will not drive them there (and they agree with my decision), and I will be spreading the word to all my other casino friends and will encourage them to tell their friends as well.
Lucky for us, there are lots of other casinos around. SILVER REEF - GOODBYE!!!!
I would be very surprised to see my review posted.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
9  Thank kenodi
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The room we had was awesome and the price was very reasonable. After signing up for a players card (free) we were able to each get a free buffet. Very nice and great getaway.

Room Tip: If you book with your players card you get an additional discount.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DarlenePortMoody_BC
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We have just recently discovered the Silver Reef Casino and it is one of the best finds in a while! We haven't had a chance to stay in the hotel yet but the casino it self is great. Any staff that we have any dealings with were super friendly and very helpful. The slots seem to be looser here which is a bonus. We can go in and play with our budget money and spend a good part of the day here. A few times we have even left with more than we started.
We have only ever eaten at the Red River Cafe and it was great. Our next meal will be at the Steakhouse and I can't wait!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2011

stayed at this property for the first time in July 2011. Be aware that the hotel/casino itself are fairly nice but this property is very isolated from anything else. It is not close to anything so plan to do any shopping or sightseeing earlier in the day and then settle in to enjoy the
resort amenities later in the day. We chose a deluxe suite which looked out towards the west and offered distant views of the ocean. The room itself was average but I did hear the executive suites on the 6th floor are far nicer and with ore amenities. The service at the hotel is fairly good and although small the pool area nice for relaxing. The casino itself has fairly loose slots which enabled us to play for quite awhile. We signed up for diamond dividens cards which gives you a lot of immediate perks. We were able to use our coupon that same day in te steak house restaurant which was superb. Best restaurant we have eaten in for a long time but pricey. Your coupon takes a nice chunk out of the bill though. Very nice and reasonably proced martini's repared tableside which was also great. Overall a nice place to spend a weekend away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Outstanding facility, very good selection of restaurants with well prepared and served food. Hotel staff are very helpful, rooms are clean and have all of the amenities. Casino is open 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ferndale
Best Western Heritage Inn
Quality Inn Grand Suites
Quality Inn Grand Suites
#18 of 27 in Bellingham
Four Points by Sheraton Bellingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Silver Reef Hotel Casino Spa? Share your experiences!