“Small-town diner serving up small-town friendly charm!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cedar's Restaurant And Lounge
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Canada
“Small-town diner serving up small-town friendly charm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This restaurant may look a bit run down from the outside (& inside) but it's a heritage building part of the small town history that surrounds Ferndale. But don't feel a slight bit hesitant because as soon as you step into the restaurant, you'll be graced with some awesome small town friendly charm!

I have to be honest, one of the ONLY reasons I thought I'd give this restaurant a try was because we had an EB coupon and we were passing through Ferndale on our way to Seattle.

I warned everyone in our party that I had no idea what to expect. Upon arrival our group was seated immediately and offered coffee, tea/drinks right away. I hate it when you go for breakfast at a restaurant and you are given the menu but the server waits until you have made your decision and then takes your order AND your drink requests. I think you should always be offered your drinks first. Especially when it comes to morning coffee!!

The portions are HUGE here, so beware. I ordered blueberry pancakes for $8.99 which came with sausage, bacon AND two eggs. Each pancake was at least 10" and full of blueberries. Between the four of us we could have easily ordered two meals and shared.

Throughout breakfast our server was warm, friendly and perfectly attentive. It seemed like the staff knew all the regulars and the regulars were happy to be there.

I will definitely come back to Cedars restaurant and I know all four people in my party will be recommending this to anyone passing through on the I-5.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a great place to visit and to talk to the locals. They have great food and all the food was prepared to our liking. Cedars serves good home-cooked meal until 9 PM.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Chuck S
blaine,wa
“My favorite breakfast restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

Cedar's is the hidding secret of the area for breakfast. The food is wonderful, friendly staff and you get your money's worth :) I have taken friends and family there for years. This restuarant makes those chain breakfast restaurants look like fast food compared to the quality they cook up! You will not regret eating here!

2 Thank borderchickoc10