“Not the Stay I Expected”

Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. I originally had a room booked at another hotel but I changed it to this one as it had a pool. On the day we arrived the pool was closed. I understand that things happen and break down but when we checked in nobody informed us the pool wasn't working. Now normally this not a big dealwith a adults but when you are traveling a long distance with children and they are looking forward to arriving a nice hotel with a pool. It would have been nice if we told this when we checked in. We may been able to find a hotel with one. I asked the front counter if they could discount us for not having the pool going. As per a lot of companies these days your staff does not seem to have the ability to comp customers and make things better. I asked the front desk that I would like the manager to call me. There was no such call. The pillows in the room are also complete garbage. Most uncomfortable pillow I have ever seen. I stay in hotel in small towns in northern Alberta and work camps. Never have I had such a uncomfortable sleep. I also picked this hotel as it said on the site it was 30 minutes from downtown. More like 50 minutes. I picked this hotel because it was a best western. I have stayed in the Best Western in Bonnyville, Alberta. That place was the Ritz compared to this. I would hope that the manager does call me and offer some sort of discount for our stay. If not I will recommend to my company that we don't use Best Western and I will most likely put my comment on a travel website with my opinion.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for a week, a little rocky at first. Toilet didn't flush and not enough towels in room. By day 3 felt more at home. Day 6 hot tub broke down. The breakfast choices were same everyday; yogurt, juices, scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, waffle makers, Danish, breads, bagels and instant oatmeal. Walls are thin in rooms, could hear people and their TV next door. They do allow pets, saw a good variety of dogs. Small bathrooms but plenty of hot water. A/C available and windows open on 2nd floor rooms. Plus, it's right off Interstate 5, exit 143, lots of shopping near by; Target, Macys and plenty of restaurants. 25 minutes from Seattle but be warned I -5 can get very congested for weekday rush hour. Wifi works and they offer PC work stations with printer in lobby. They don't state it on their website, but they do offer free shuttle to SEA/TAC. Nice! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room at end of hallway
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2014

stayed here months at a time its like coming back home great rate everything was like new very good mattress for easy sleeping & a great bartender Mo she is very funny great times !!!!! would highly recommend !!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel was just off the highway in Federal way with lots of stores and restaurants close by - the complimentary breakfast was great - the pool was nice - the staff were excellent - our room had a separate section for the kids - they had bunk beds and their own TV - very cool for them - all around good stay

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our early flight out of SeaTac. Chech-in was fine except for the $70 just in case credit card hold- I assume that will disappear. The room was smallish but adequate except for the stained rug and the dim overhead lighting. The desk light didn't help being behind the cabinets on either sides of the bed. Speaking of the bed, it has an interesting slanting backward headboard and small pillows. The bathroom has a sign warning of charges for missing linens. Luckily, we noticed the missing wash clothes which they promptly supplied! Guess this is a problem at this hotel as we hadn't seen this sign at other BWs. Left before breakfast was available at 6AM.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank DocLeJeune
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I booked because I was told pool would be operational and when we went the pool was was not open, I then asked when it would be open and the person said oh probably tomorrow. The next day we went to use it and it was still closed and completely drained! They knew it would not be ready anytime soon and they repeatedly lied about it! We also ordered the free shuttle to pick us up and when they were already 15 minutes past time to get us I called and they said they completely forgot about us. Another 15 minutes later the shuttle arrived but the 4 kids and I were waiting in a parking lot for 30 minutes for it!!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was an okay hotel/room. It was clean but didnt seem to have the simple things that a BW Plus usually offers. Our room wasnt stocked with the shampoo-- the garbages didnt have bags in them and when asked for a crib they didnt give any sheets with it--- and said they didnt have any to offer. The breakfast was good but I would have liked more fresh fruit options. Overall it wasnt a bad stay, but I def wasnt impressed with what they offered.

1  Thank Marci B