“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
canada
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Friendly front desk staff, great room, clean bug free, reasonable price, restaurant service unavailable so went elsewhere, breakfast was very good one of the best I've seen and coffee was really good. Look forward to going back for a longer stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jerryglenda
FWBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appriciate your feedback and improve ourselves based on our guest feedback, Please call the hotel directly for best rate and room choices in the future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Stanwood, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

My daughter and I have been at this location before for swim meets at the local aquatic center with no problems. However, we stayed over the weekend of 3/30-4/1 and after this stay will not return. Sat morning we woke up to no hot water in the sink or shower. Due to time constraints we left and showered at the pool facility. Returned at 2 PM and still, no hot water. Spoke to the manager who said it would be taken care of. At 8:00 pm still no hot water. Called and was informed the MGR was at lunch. I had to request a room change so we could have hot water and was directed to a new room with no offer of assistance with the move. I asked if there would be an adjustment to my room rate and was given a $10 credit for my stay but was told that since I pre paid my first night they could make no adjustment. To add insult, during check out I found that they did not credit my bill but charged me the additional $10 dollars in error. So at this point I had no hot water for two days and received no credit or compensation for the lack of amenities expected when you saty and pay for a hotel room. I was provided the phone number for the operations manager and have left two messages with no response. I have contacted Best Western customer service over this matter to see if they take this kind of problem seriously. Also, at check out there were two other guests voicing concern over problems that went unresolved. I know that problems arise but the measure of quality customer service is how effectively the management takes care of the problem and their guests. This facility and management gets a capitol F for failure. I will not stay here again and highly recommend future guests who read this to beware.

Room Tip: Do not expect quality customer service that you would expect from a Best Western facility.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank endy1710
We are sorry that you felt there was a problem with hot water in your room. We did check to see if there was anything wrong with your hot water supply and found hot water at 129 degree in the bathroom.

Travelers are raving about these Federal Way hotels

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night in late March 2012 while attending the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships. I chose the hotel primarily due to its close proximity to the venue, but also due to the respectability of the Best Western brand and good experiences with them in the past. I also wanted something with a pool and hot tub, and with breakfast included. It was a little more expensive than what we normally go for, but when a full breakfast is added into the equation, the value is actually very good.

Normally when a hotel says "breakfast included," it means a stale muffin, weak coffee and a small glass of juice (am I right? We've all been there). But at this hotel the breakfast is really worth it. Good coffee and juices, fresh fruit, oatmeal, potatoes, great scrambled eggs with cheese, waffles, sausages, and pastries. I definitely ate enough to get my money's worth!

Our room with a king bed was very nice, comfortable, with a nice bathroom, a mini fridge and a microwave, and a coffee maker with Seattle's Best coffee. The bed was quite hard, which seems to be an unfortunate new trend in the hotel world, but the fantastic soft quality of the linens almost made up for it.

My ONLY real complaint at this hotel was that the room temperature was very difficult to regulate. This is always a bit of a sticking point for me, as I like a room to be quite cool for sleeping. There was a thermostat which you could "set" to your desired temperature, however, upon setting it to 62 degrees, only warm air came out of the heating/cooling unit. Needless to say, the temperature didn't drop, and the only reason I got any sleep at all was because the window actually opened wide (VERY rare at hotels) and it was cool outside overnight. This wasn't a huge deal and it didn't destroy my hotel experience by any means, however, I do think it's important in general for hotel guests to be able to control their room temperature. It would have been a much bigger deal had it been August and 90 degrees outside!

The front desk staff were friendly, and although the check in was quite slow, I believe the gentleman clerk was new on the job and I totally understand that - again, we've all been there. Later on, the female desk clerk was very flexible when we got back late and wanted to use the hot tub, allowing us to have fifteen minutes past the normal closing time - thank you!

Overall I would definitely recommend staying here if for some reason you find yourself in Federal Way Washington.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YVR19
FWBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank yoiu very much for your kind words. We appriciate your feed back and look forward to serve you again.
Sechelt, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed for two nights. On the second morning went out for the day at 9.30am and left the "Clean room" sign on the door. Arrived back at 11.00pm to find the room exactly as we left it - towels on the floor, beds unmade. Phone the front desk - they had no explanation but said they woould leave a note for the manager in the AM. Checked out the next morning and no mention at the front desk until I brought up the subject. Finally gave us $7.00 off the bill. Note: on first arrival waited 10 minutes to check in because the one on the desk person took forever to check in the family ahead of us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JohnBoy2012
I am sorry your room was not cleaned. After researching I found out that DND was upside down in the door that read thus instead of saying House Keeping please it was on DND. I am really sorry, hope you give us another chance.
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I would have gave this place a 5-star, but the debit card did not work on the soda machine; I just wish they had more food options for after hours, but this place is Great! I had 3 children under the ages of 5 and they all loved it. They even accommodated and extra crib for my 1 year old. The staff was really friendly and I loved loved the breakfast buffet, many food options and it tasted really good compared to other hotels and the room and everything else was convenient. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks guys! I would also like to recommend the junior-suite that has the bunk beds included for people that have children really convenient. :)

Room Tip: People with children....this is kid-friendly place..I brought my 3 kids under age 5...I would recomm...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FWBW, Owner at Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about my hotel. As you mentioned we have 9 different room types and have 67 suites in my hotel. Please call us directly to get the best room and rate.
Our suites have individual bedroom with doors between living room and bed room. Some suites have bunk bedd for kids some have two separate bed room. We also have Jetted tub (others calling Jacuzzi) in some bathrooms. Our largest two bedroom suite is over 645 Square feet.
Fife, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Our family of 4 has stayed at a hotel very close to this one for the last 3 years. We have always had an Excellent experience with the Pool AND Hot tub as well as the service. This year we were going to make a change. 1/2 way into our stay I am regretting the decision.

Hot tub is out of order. Routine maintenance (what does that mean) on New Years. Last year the pool was closed. Nothing on the website of hot tub closure. So far not very happy as this is the main reason for selecting the hotel. I am hopeful the breakfast is as good as the other reviews indicate. Will report back.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kevin T
FWBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seattle/Federal Way, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. We take pride in our property and strive to improve from the feedback we get from guests. Next time please call the hotel to get the best rate and room cchoice.

East Wenatchee, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the last six months. I own several hotels. The front desk staff at the Evergreen Inn & Suites, specifically Ashley and Nicole, are absolutely fantastic. VERY personable and professional. Breakfast is great, and rooms are clean and comfortable. All in all a VERY good option as a place to stay in Federal Way.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hotellover88
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Please call next time to get the best rate and choice of rooms.