WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Kennewick, Washington
“Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel is easily accessed off of I5. There are numerous restaurants in the area, including the Ram in the same parking lot and Black Angus just across the street. There is also lots of shopping just down the road as well including Home Goods, Ross, and TJ Maxx.

The bed was comfortable, it was a King. There was a sofa sleeper in the room as well but we didn't use that. It didn't appear to be very comfortable.

Staff was very nice and helpful.

The courtyard was nice with comfortable patio furniture.

I didn't have any complaints. Of course, I'd always like to pay less but it was definitely comparable with other hotels I had found online (except of course the kind that have doors that lead directly to the outside).

I just wish they had a microwave.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, cozy bed, and great location. We love being located next to so many great dining and shopping options, and our guests certainly appreciate the convenience. For your future stays, I'm happy to tell you that we do have microwaves available at no additional charge for our guests, upon request.

If I may be of assistance to you in the future, please fee free to contact me directly. Thanks for staying with us!

Jenny Vasquez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was comfortable and clean, staff were very helpful and polite. Our suite was spacious and comfy, the beds were so comfortable. this is my 2nd stay, we was here in Jul 2012.
The hotel conveniently located in an area with a wide variety of options. In very quite area.
Always ask for a room in 8th or 9th floor on the high way side to enjoy the mount rainer view.
My kids enjoyed the pool.
Everything was perfect in this stay, but the Chinese lady in the lobby cafe was so rude, she treat ed my teenage daughter rudely, I called the manager to report the lady's attitude and she apologizes on behalf of her and asked me if she can offer me anything simply the manager was so nice and polite .
Overall it was a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Corner rooms # 1 in each floor like 801 or 401
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! Your tips regarding our beautiful views of Mount Rainier are right on target! We have the tallest building in Federal Way, and we do have some amazing views. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, but I wanted to add my apologies to my Operations Manager's regarding your daughter's experience with our Bistro associate. Your entire family should expect to receive nothing less than excellent service whenever you visit a Marriott hotel, and I assure you that we have addressed this issue with our team.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance to you in the future. We appreciate your repeat business, and hope that you will come visit us again next summer!

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here while visiting Seattle and Tacoma, so its location between the two was convenient. Right off the highway, so easy access. Typical Courtyard amenities. My king suite was two rooms, with a nice-sized living room with a kitchenette (small fridge, counter, sink, micro), a bedroom with its own 37" tv, and a big bathroom with a pool-sized Jacuzzi tub. Staff were friendly. The cafe was ok. My major gripe is one I always have with Courtyard - only USA Today for a paper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located in an area with a wide variety of options for food, which is always nice. The free internet service was really strong and I connected easily. Bed was alright, I did wake up with a little back pain but it may have been unrelated to the bed itself. The hotel was very quiet, I had no troubles sleeping at all. The lobby area of the hotel is very nice, and the staff was excellent and quite friendly. Overall, a very good experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I were on a three week road trip staying in hotels across the west. We ended up here due to a computer glitch at SeaTac which grounded flights and SeaFair (a Seattle festival) weekend. We tried to get a room in downtown Seattle at 8 pm, then SeaTac, and everything was booked. As we were a bit desperate, we called Marriott and asked for the closest available room to downtown Seattle. We ended up here, which is 19 miles south of Seattle in an area that should not have expensive rooms. A room with two queen beds cost $249, which was $100 more than it should have cost. It was also the first hotel on our road trip which didn't offer a complimentary continental breakfast.

The staff was friendly. The pool was nice. The fitness center was less than average. The hotel itself was nicely decorated. There was also a ginormous (larger than a 50 cent piece) dead spider on our bureau. This most likely happened after the room was cleaned, but it made us realize those spiders were in the room.

So, in summary, it was an average Marriott type hotel which was overpriced to the point I felt ripped off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing pool and wonderful service, but I am sorry to learn that everything did not live up to your expectations. I can imagine how disturbing it must have been to find a spider in your guest room! I assure you that their presence is not a usual occurrence here.

I hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future, and take advantage of some of our great seasonal rates, including some wonderful packages that include breakfast. If I may be of assistance to you in any way, please feel free to contact me directly. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back

Puyallup, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel in the area. Always great staff who are pleasant and efficient. Nice and clean lobby with relaxing atmosphere and food. The rooms are big and well planned. A great stat for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hello-
There is nothing seriously wrong with this hotel, however there is nothing seriously great about it either. The staff, rooms, fitnesss area, and common areas were all average at best.

The Pros-
Great location. This hotel is right off the I-5 just South of Seattle. There is shopping and a huge variety of dining options that are walkable.

It is a Marriott. If you are a Marriott person, this has a Marriott Courtyard sign out front and you will get your points.

It has a cool glass elevator that overlooks the back of the property and the Interstate.
It was quiet. I didn't hear the highway.

The Cons-
The rooms are tired- as is the fitness area. Both are dreary and drab.

Although the lobby is modern and happening, the rooms felt like a trip back to the mid 90s.

Normally I don't let price factor into the equation (price is something all parties are aware of before booking the room) but in this instance it is worth mentioning.

For some reason it was significantly more expensive than all the other hotels in the area. I was scheduled to stay two nights, but when I found out I could get into the hotel next door for $50/night less, I bolted. I gave the front desk a chance to give a discount on night two (10% would have done it), but they didn't move.

3 stars is labeled as "average", and thats the best I could give this place. Look elsewhere is the best advice I can give you- especially if the rate is high for the nights you are considering.

Room Tip: I was on the backside of the hotel-high floor. It was quiet and I had a foggy view of Mt. Ranier, b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business