“Probably the best choice in this location”

Courtyard Seattle Federal Way
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nicely situated with views of Mt. Rainier to the east and the Olympic Mountains to the west. Inviting lobby where breakfast is served, rooms pretty standard, clean, nice TV. Very uncomfortable small couch seating. Bathtub dangerously slippery with only one grab rail under the shower head.

Room Tip: For better views choose the higher floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Portland_OregonGrrrr
SEAFW, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Federal Way, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our beautiful mountain views and our lobby area!

At Marriott the safety and comfort of our guests is our top priority. The feedback about your bath tub is very helpful. We regularly contract an outside company to apply a slip-resistant coating to our tubs. I will contact them right away to discuss applying a new coat. We also have rubber bathmats available upon request. We’d be happy to supply one during your next stay.

Please contact me directly if you have additional questions or concerns. We appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Jenny Vasquez
(253) 529-0200

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Federal Way

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My good friend decided I needed an excape to relax and enjoy a quiet evening and a long hot showere so she booked us a room at the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Federal Way, it was perfect! Pool available, clean rooms, quiet environment and access to a great breakfast and coffee in the morning!

Room Tip: It was foggy outside but the view from the 7th floor was great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Koacriss
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel after a meeting for the first time. Hotel is newer, room was very nice. Clean, well appointed with sofa, large flat screen TV. Bed was comfortable with fresh linens. Nice work station, plenty of lights and electric outlets. Internet worked fine. Property features the new Marriott "Bistro" concept, which offers limited dining. Comfortable common areas to meet with friends. Everything was going fine until the morning. I got up, set up the in-room coffee maker and went ot get online while the coffee brewed. After a few moments I heard some strange noises and went to investigate. The coffee pot was missing a critical piece which didn't allow the brewed coffee to flow into the pot, causing an overflow all over the counter and floor with scalding coffee. There was no way to stop the brewing cycle so I could only stem the tide of the flow. Once the brewing stop I emptied everything and took the coffee maker apart so they wouldn't leave it for the next guest. When the front desk clerk asked me how my stay was I informed her and she apologized and offered to get me a cup of coffee from the Bistro at no charge. I respectfully declined but was very appreciative of her concern and offer. Several days later I received an apology note, as well as a Starbucks gift card from the hotel for my inconvenience. This type of extra effort is few and far between but it earned them another stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had a comfortable stay at this hotel. It is great for the business traveler. The front desk check in was swift and the check out even swifter. I was pleased with the overall service experience.
The room was great - I was lucky to have a suite. Ample space and very comfortable. The amenities in the room were good as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

During a week long weather-related power outage in the entire Seattle area, it was difficult to find a hotel that had rooms. So I started to drive south toward Portland and eventually found a vacancy in Federal Way (suburb of Seattle). Because they had a generator, lights were on in the lobby. They did have one room left, a suite. While the rooms had no power, they advised there was plenty of hot water. Happy at last to find a place to lay my head, I booked the room and was supplied with 2 flashlights. While it was nice to finally find a warm bed, the hotel did not give me any kind of discount, weather-related or otherwise - AAA, lack of services, old and tired. I suppose that would have been too much to ask since this is a for-profit institution, not a social service agency.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tokyorose50
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used to stay here for work years ago and its gone downhill over time. Room had a mildew smell. A little disrepair in the bathroom. Tv doesn't have digital connection so you couldn't get local channels.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was a great business hotel, quiet yet nice and having quite a few amenities that business travelers like.

Check in was a breeze, internet connectivity never failed, the folks at the front desk were very helpful with local restaurant choices and anything we needed.

It rained the entire time but we expected that, the RAM restaurant next door had very good micro brews and salads. We also ate at the Tokyo Japanese steakhouse and Jasmine Mongolian grill. Both were also very good with the Jasmine being the best, we had co-workers that had never been to a Mongolian grill before and they loved it.

Would stay here again in a heart beat. No issues getting around town, no issues getting back to the airport as well.

Room Tip: High floors as always
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business