“"Yum"” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Granada Hills, California, United States
“"Yum"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place is very close to the hotel and it is a good pick. It has a welcoming space with good( a little slow) service and reasonable prices. I had the chicken tikka masala and naan and I was a happy girl...when I'm in the area again I would go back for sure.

Visited February 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Indian in a strip center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our second visit to East India Grill when traveling in the Seattle area. Both times we were surprised by how good it was (as we eat Indian all over the place)! We arrived pretty late on a Saturday night and had good service even though it was 30 minutes til closing. We ordered our food as medium and it had a little kick to it, which was good. Seems that Chicken Tikka Masala is a good comparative dish for Indian food standards. This was moist and delicious. We also had the Cicken Korma, Bindi Masala and the Lamb Rogan Josh. All excellent! None too oily, all fresh. My college aged daughter can't eat Indian wilt a mango lassi, which, again, met her high standards. Honestly, we debated whether we should have gone back the next day for their Sunday buffet.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kim H
Federal Way, Washington
“Healthy Indian food to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The buffet is the best choice, lunchtimes during the week as well as the weekend, because you can sample so many of this chef's best. There are chicken and lamb dishes for the carnivores, and at least 12 options for the vegetarians. best of all, this is not heavy-fat south Indian cuisine. You can taste every bit of the ingredients, blended together just the way they should be. The desserts are killers - mango that melts in your mouth and a carrot concoction that makes you wish you knew how to do it at home. But don't. Put away those unnecessary expenses and budget yourself a treat here once a month, or get your company to spring for a lunchtime biz meeting. You will be glad you did.
A la carte is too pricey. [The owner thinks we'all are price insensitive. Someone in addition to me needs to tell him otherwise!]

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Victoria L
Milwaukee
“Good food, a little sanitized for the suburbs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I asked the front desk of my hotel for a restaurant recommend and the clerk said East India Grill, which is walking distance. She helpfully added "they're like...legit Indian". I'm not sure if the area has problems with illicit Southeast Asian joints, but I can say EAG was legit, which is borne out by favorable Yelp reviews.

First off, their papadums are great - supremely crispy and delicious, with fresh chutneys. That serems like a small matter, but it sets a tone. There is a pretty respectable wine list too - also a pleasant surprise. I would define this restaurant as "above average Indian food for Suburbanites". I do not mean that as a criticism. EAG is clean, tastefully decorated and the service is friendly. It's safe - it's not a hole in the wall with dubious hygiene (my favorite kind, btw)

Safe can equal tradeoffs though - my vindaloo was ordered spicy (duhhh....because it is by definition) but had just enough heat to make my lips tingle. I was really hoping for a face melting, nose running experience but perhaps they wanted to spare the other diners. That aside, the dish had a good spice flavor, if not the heat, and I ate it up.

I'm pretty sure you can do FAR worse in the area which seems to be satiated with chains. Skip the chicken flingers or whatnot at Ram and get some "legit Indian" here instead.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lovewine
Seattle, Washington
“Non friendly Manager !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

For a restaurant I would definitly expect the manager to be friendly,but here the situation was different.

I try to avoid this place just because of this very reason,and there are so many good Indian restaurants few miles away too(In n around Renton,Tukwila).

• Visited March 2012