“Great Hotel and Great Staff - would definitely stay again.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent Hotel and Staff was always super friendly and nice. When entering the hotel, we were always greeted by the nice and friendly staff. The breakfast was always different everyday and if you did not have time - there was always a bag breakfast to grab on the go.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't stayed in a Hampton Inn in a long time and was expecting much more of a low budget experience, but this was nice. I upgraded to a 2 Queen Suite. There was no closed bedroom, but it was very spacious and the couch could have made a third bed. It had a nice kitchenette area in the large entryway. The gym was above average and they had a nice indoor pool and hot tub. This must be a newer property as it was clean and very modern. The hot breakfast isn't as good as some business hotels but it was decent and included some hot food. I was surprised there was no lounge or bar, but just across the parking lot is a great place called the Ram (excellent food and their own local brewed beer).

Room Tip: The elevators are VERY loud (especially for a newer hotel), get a room away from them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here during the holidays while visiting friends and family. The staff was knowledgeable and very friendly. I didn't know Hampton was connected with Hilton and the staff gladly looked up our honors number so we could get points for our stay even though we didn't have our membership card with us. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge which was very helpful for storing bottled drinks and our restaurant leftovers. The shower was very clean and very easy to use, just need to turn up the knob higher than you might think to get hot water. The bed was a good firmness and included down-like pillows. I'm a side sleeper and needed a more firm pillow and the staff quickly responded with a foam pillow that worked much better. Breakfast was included and provided a large array of choices including cereal, fruit, bagels and toast, oatmeal, and a daily rotation of hot items like sausage, potatoes, and eggs. I loved being able to get hot drinks in the lobby at any time of day. The location was perfect for our day trips to Seattle and Tacoma (without traffic only 20 minutes to each). Parking is free and the hotel is located right off the major freeway I-5 and perfectly located off the Federal Way shopping area filled with gas stations, restaurants, shops, and convenient stores like Target should you forget something. Can't say enough about what a perfect place this is to stay for anyone. My husband and I say lots of families with kids as well as businessmen and women. No doubt we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Evergreen813
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We take the kids to a hotel in Federal Way every year so we are close to home but still get away. We typically stay at the Courtyard Marriott (Very Nice) and decided last year to try the Best Western (Bad Move). This year we wanted to give the Hampton Inn a shot and we are so glad we did. The pool and hot tub were warm, the rooms were clean and it was nice to see the attention to detail.

The front desk staff were very helpful. Of course the location is very convenient. Now that the Ram opened up next door it is nice to have a good restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: We asked to be as high as possible and not face I-5 freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took my 10 year old to Tacoma for the How to train your dragon show. The hotel is in a nice location. Traffic getting into the hotel off the main street was awful. Took me 20 minutes from the off ramp to the hotel. Maybe 1 mile or so. That was on a Saturday at 3:00 pm. It wasn't better anytime else as we went back and forth. Check in was nice, very friendly staff. Got to the room and thought it was a little small. I reserved a king bed with sofa sleeper. The furniture in the room had stains on them, not to appealing. Watch where you sit, I guess. Breakfast was good, your typical hotel free breakfast. All in all it's a nice hotel, I would stay here again if up in the Seattle area. Not bad, just didn't get that wow feeling.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel or you will get freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Greg M
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Staff was very attentive almost to a fault. Rooms were well maintained. Location was good. Lots if resterants and shopping near by. Wifi was free and reliable. Would stay again....

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my granddaughter. Our room was impeccably clean, as was all areas of the hotel we saw. We swam in the pool which was next to a workout area. The beds were very comfortable and our room quiet even though near elevator and freeway. The breakfast had a lot of great options, more than we're used to, and really delicious. Coffee/tea was available in the lobby at all times. Besides the clean room, what I really appreciated was the friendly attentive staff. Each different person I spoke with made me feel like I was the most important guest. Only one thing I could possibly offer a suggestion on, and it's only because I went to the pool & swam. Please get towels for the pool area that aren't like treebark or rough sandpaper. Other than that, I'd say someone in management knows what they are doing here and the employees care. Thanks! I will now be purposely looking for Hampton Inns when I need to travel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 326 & had easy access to elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Courtyard Seattle Federal Way
#3 of 13 in Federal Way
Clarion Hotel Seattle Federal Way
La Quinta Inn & Suites Auburn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way? Share your experiences!