New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle/Federal Way
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Federal Way
Fife, Washington
“This will be our families New Years Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We take the kids to a hotel in Federal Way every year so we are close to home but still get away. We typically stay at the Courtyard Marriott (Very Nice) and decided last year to try the Best Western (Bad Move). This year we wanted to give the Hampton Inn a shot and we are so glad we did. The pool and hot tub were warm, the rooms were clean and it was nice to see the attention to detail.

The front desk staff were very helpful. Of course the location is very convenient. Now that the Ram opened up next door it is nice to have a good restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: We asked to be as high as possible and not face I-5 freeway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Hood River, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took my 10 year old to Tacoma for the How to train your dragon show. The hotel is in a nice location. Traffic getting into the hotel off the main street was awful. Took me 20 minutes from the off ramp to the hotel. Maybe 1 mile or so. That was on a Saturday at 3:00 pm. It wasn't better anytime else as we went back and forth. Check in was nice, very friendly staff. Got to the room and thought it was a little small. I reserved a king bed with sofa sleeper. The furniture in the room had stains on them, not to appealing. Watch where you sit, I guess. Breakfast was good, your typical hotel free breakfast. All in all it's a nice hotel, I would stay here again if up in the Seattle area. Not bad, just didn't get that wow feeling.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel or you will get freeway traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg M
sykocus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Staff was very attentive almost to a fault. Rooms were well maintained. Location was good. Lots if resterants and shopping near by. Wifi was free and reliable. Would stay again....

• Stayed December 2012
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my granddaughter. Our room was impeccably clean, as was all areas of the hotel we saw. We swam in the pool which was next to a workout area. The beds were very comfortable and our room quiet even though near elevator and freeway. The breakfast had a lot of great options, more than we're used to, and really delicious. Coffee/tea was available in the lobby at all times. Besides the clean room, what I really appreciated was the friendly attentive staff. Each different person I spoke with made me feel like I was the most important guest. Only one thing I could possibly offer a suggestion on, and it's only because I went to the pool & swam. Please get towels for the pool area that aren't like treebark or rough sandpaper. Other than that, I'd say someone in management knows what they are doing here and the employees care. Thanks! I will now be purposely looking for Hampton Inns when I need to travel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 326 & had easy access to elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

One of my favorite hotels when I have to stay near Tacoma. This is one of the newer properties in the chain. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. It's conveniently located right off the freeway (little noise however) and there are plenty of dining options within a mile of the hotel. I usually get upgraded to the nicer suites when I stay here because of my Diamond status as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here 3 times during August, September and October. Great location, near numerous restaurants (try the Ram, walking distance and good food), easy access and clean. I appreciated the security provided by Jim and consider this a particulary safe environment. Tuesday and Wednesday receptions were a special treat. What makes this Hampton Inn special is the front desk. Cheerful, welcoming, engaging and helpful. Special mention of Alysia I. Taking the time to remember names of returning guests, a smile every time she sees you and always asking "is there anything I can do" makes this Hampton special. In my experiemce, this Hotel is one I will remember fondly and book every time I am in the Seattle area. Thanks to GM Ryan Miller, you have a fine house and an excellent team!

Room Tip: Ask for room on west side, less background noise from freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I selected this hotel based on the great reviews, and was not disappointed. The hotel is new, clean and fresh. The location provides easy access to food, movies, great deli and the freeway. I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012