“Can't say anything bad”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Federal Way
sykocus
“Can't say anything bad”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Staff was very attentive almost to a fault. Rooms were well maintained. Location was good. Lots if resterants and shopping near by. Wifi was free and reliable. Would stay again....

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my granddaughter. Our room was impeccably clean, as was all areas of the hotel we saw. We swam in the pool which was next to a workout area. The beds were very comfortable and our room quiet even though near elevator and freeway. The breakfast had a lot of great options, more than we're used to, and really delicious. Coffee/tea was available in the lobby at all times. Besides the clean room, what I really appreciated was the friendly attentive staff. Each different person I spoke with made me feel like I was the most important guest. Only one thing I could possibly offer a suggestion on, and it's only because I went to the pool & swam. Please get towels for the pool area that aren't like treebark or rough sandpaper. Other than that, I'd say someone in management knows what they are doing here and the employees care. Thanks! I will now be purposely looking for Hampton Inns when I need to travel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 326 & had easy access to elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlingame, California
Reviewed November 18, 2012

One of my favorite hotels when I have to stay near Tacoma. This is one of the newer properties in the chain. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. It's conveniently located right off the freeway (little noise however) and there are plenty of dining options within a mile of the hotel. I usually get upgraded to the nicer suites when I stay here because of my Diamond status as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay here 3 times during August, September and October. Great location, near numerous restaurants (try the Ram, walking distance and good food), easy access and clean. I appreciated the security provided by Jim and consider this a particulary safe environment. Tuesday and Wednesday receptions were a special treat. What makes this Hampton Inn special is the front desk. Cheerful, welcoming, engaging and helpful. Special mention of Alysia I. Taking the time to remember names of returning guests, a smile every time she sees you and always asking "is there anything I can do" makes this Hampton special. In my experiemce, this Hotel is one I will remember fondly and book every time I am in the Seattle area. Thanks to GM Ryan Miller, you have a fine house and an excellent team!

Room Tip: Ask for room on west side, less background noise from freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I selected this hotel based on the great reviews, and was not disappointed. The hotel is new, clean and fresh. The location provides easy access to food, movies, great deli and the freeway. I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank BJGreenThumb
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here in August 2012; this is a newer Hampton and is located basically at I-5 and s. 320th st in Federal Way (exit 143).

First off the location of this hotel is great if you want do anything in the Seattle or Tacoma area. It's closer to Tacoma of course but not that far to Seattle too. The hotel itself is very close to I-5 and as other reviewers had mentioned, we requested a room on the side of the hotel away from the I-5 side. It was perfectly quiet. I can't comment on how noisy the highway traffic is on the other side as we didn't stay on that side, but I can say there are endless amounts of cars passing by.

The room was great, and the breakfast area is nice and large, lots of tables and room to find a place to sit. Breakfast (included) food was like most other Hamptons I have stayed in - and that means very good to excellent. Beds were very comfy and our family of 4 slept great. Kids loved the indoor pool but wished it was a bit warmer (really, the pool temp was just fine, but they always like it a bit warmer if possible).

What is really nice about this hotel is that it is located in a spot in Federal Way that gives you great highway access, lots of restaurants close by (tons really) and you can walk to all of them if you like. Also walk able is the commons mall with many shops as well.

While we stayed here we went to Point Defiance zoo in Tacoma, and we also went to Steel Lake park which is 5 mins away and has a great playground for kids and a nice lake. Both were great.

We fully intend to return to this hotel in the future as it is a great spot to be near Seattle or Tacoma without being IN those cities (and paying the premium for it). For what you get, quality accommodations, newer hotel, great location, and the great prices, this can't be beat.

Room Tip: You might want to stay on the side of the hotel away from I-5 as it might be noisier but I can't...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My family and I stopped by for a one night stay on a weekend trip to Seattle and Tacoma. The hotel is just off the interstate and easy to find. Check-in was quick and smooth parking was free and lighted. We rented a 2 queen suite room ( I have 3 small children) and there was room for our 2 pack and plays and the hide-a-bed pulled out. Duvet covers instead of comforters are always a plus. The kids and I used the pool and it was great for my 2 and 3 year olds. There was a continental breakfast with eggs, sausage and many cereals, oatmeal, and fruit available (something for everyone) I had no problems with our stay, the staff was friendly and the accommodations were great. We will be staying again when traveling around Seattle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family